MediaPortal on ITX (2 Viewers)

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    anyone havin WMV 1080i or 1080p WMV running smooth on a ION 330?

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Which software do u use for your BD playback, and what do you have your audio setting set to. I have a zotac ION 330 system and can not find a program to work well. I have tried Arcsoft and Powerdvd 9. Both seem to stutter during playback with cpu at or about 40%.

Slaxer07
    BD: I'm using corel windvd 9. There is a separate executable that runs full screen, and I've incorporated it in my MP menu using multishortcut.
    HD TV steams: CoreAVC codec
    Sound: The DG45FC is equipped with a 7.1 processor featuring an optical out.
    The DG45FC comes with dolby software that allows to tell the system to send 5.1 multichannel over the fiber, and I've enabled that flag.
    No stutter (dual core E5200 and on board video processor seem to do fine)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    so Berns would you suggest someone to go on for this motherboard???i am interesting to make a mini itx to be able to play 1080p movies and hdtv channels,is this on board gpu able for hardware accelaration??

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    so Berns would you suggest someone to go on for this motherboard???i am interesting to make a mini itx to be able to play 1080p movies and hdtv channels,is this on board gpu able for hardware accelaration??

If your machine does not need to be 100% silent it is a good mb.
    If you want more info about this mb and HD video playback have a look at this site: Intel® HD Video

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, just wanted to say that I set up my new Zotac ION motherboard (Atom 330) and it runs quite nicely - plays both 720p and 1080p (even though in 1080p I noticed that the only 1080p video I have is a little jerky for couple of seconds, but not sure whether that is the file itself, as the CPU is about 5-10%). Very satisfied - my little box is hanging behind my TV on the VESA mount and I cannot hear it at all. I think this $300 investment is the best one I made in HTPC in the last couple of years.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @shurik:

which operating systems and which codecs do u use?

XP SP3 with latest updates for OS and SAF codec/filter pack made by Hoborg and that's it. Mind you I haven't set up TV yet, so I'm not sure about implications there, but I never had problems with that in the past in MP.

The 1080p file I have is h.264, not WMV, but I don't think that should be much different in terms of CPU load?

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shurik:

WMV is decoded by Microsoft codecs, so there is a lot of difference to e.g. mkv with h264.
    but you can't play 1080i .ts files? this is the only thing i'm fighting with...

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @shurik:

WMV is decoded by Microsoft codecs, so there is a lot of difference to e.g. mkv with h264.

Yes, fair enough, WMV is a totally different beast. If I get my hands on WMV I will try it out. As for 1080i .ts files - I haven't tried them, but earlier in this thread (page 4?) few people were discussing 1080i issues - MP wasn't selecting proper codecs, but with MPC-HC it plays just fine. So, not really sure.. If you use SAF codec/filter pack and have issues your best bet is to ask in that thread - maybe someone already dealt with that issue?

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @shurik:

Actually I just tried 1080p (not i) .ts file and it works flawlessly. But then again - it worked good even in the old times when my HTPC was P4 3Ghz. Something I heard long time ago about .ts files being much easier to handle since they are just a data stream.

Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom