MediaPortal on ITX (1 Viewer)

Shurik

Portal Pro
December 13, 2006
Alberta
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well, frame rate is still not displayed properly - I tried both official release and the SVN version. However the sample you have provided does have issues during playback - every couple of seconds I get sort of a ghost image and the picture gets jerky for a moment. Not sure if this is a de-interlacing problem or not.

P.S. I hate Rapidshare.. What is it with Russians and their love for that silly service? :)
P.P.S. I wanted to avoid installing 7z as I never use it :)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    If you see this:

Then you have the same problem.

Look at it in full screen and watch for the lines that appear all over the girls body.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Are those lines only visible during fast motion? Well, I looked at the video few times and I cannot see lines like that at all. When a girl is running - she gets a little blurry, but that's about it - I don't see lines. And that jerking I referred to - looks like it happens only couple of times at the beginning of the sample.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Yes the lines appear during motion. Did u configure MPC-HC to output VMR9?

Are you sure you are playing the file with DXVA? During playback if you Ctrl+Alt+Del and go to performance tab you should see lower than 10% CPU usage, if yes then you have DXVA (in any case MPC-HC will report it in the left lower corner).

Also during playback right click on the video being played --->then go filters and check which filters MPC-HC is using.

You should also try to set your monitor @ 50Hz if supported or at 100Hz.

I want to thank you once more in trying to troubleshoot this issue.

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, you never asked me to enable VMR9, so I didn't have that. I've made some changes and run the video again. Yes, it does use DXVA and CPU usage is below 10%. However my TV runs at 60Hz and I couldn't find a way to set it to 50Hz. I honestly cannot see the lines, but maybe I just don't notice them as the motion is quite quick.

FPS was never 50, it was between 35 and 48 at times. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    So this is nice you have DXVA now lets see 60HZ should not be a problem either. Could you please tell me which codecs MPC-hc is using? And also under what resolution you are watching the file?

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    TV is 720p, so 1280x720 (may this be a reason I don't see the lines?). And the codecs/filters - I set them as you requested - only PowerDVD external and nothing else.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I just set 1280x720 @ 60Hz and i still can see the lines :(

Ok this is weird really weird. BIOS settings are default?

Seriously i am ready to go and buy a second ION system just to make sure that i don't have a hardware bug although i doubt it.

Which haali version you are using? which powerdvd version?

Shurik

Portal Pro
    December 13, 2006
    Alberta
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Maybe your eyes are better than mine? :)

Haali - from Jan 11, 09
    PowerDVD - the latest one on their server - I got it and extracted CLVsd.ex file as per instructions on SAF page in this forum.
    Didn't touch bios all that much - just few little things for boot order and USB devices, nothing fancy.

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    PowerDVD - the latest one on their server - I got it and extracted CLVsd.ex file as per instructions on SAF page in this forum.

CVLsd.ax is the codec for SD streams and not HD streams.

So if i had to guess you are not using the H.264 codec of PowerDVD for DXVA you are probably using the MPC-HC one.

During playback (on MPC-HC) if you right click on the video and select "filters" it will tell you which filters it is using if it says there "MPC Video Decoder" then you are using MPC video decoder which comes with saf and that would explain the video jumps you see during playback. But if you see "Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder" then you are using the cyberlinks one. I bet you are using the MPC one. In any case lines are there for both decoders whether it is Cyberlink or MPC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom