mediaportal shuts down windows when I close mediaportal (1 Viewer)

evron

March 15, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
mediaportal shuts down windows when I close mediaportal; how can I change it, so that it only closes mediaportal?

Evron:

:mad::mad:bitch:

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    What you do not say, is how you are closing MP down, menu\remote, which button etc.

And its never good to bitch about something, especially on a first post.

Welcome to MP

evron

March 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the quick reply on mediaportal shuts down windows when I close mediaportal

Thanks for the quick reply.

Sorry for the bitches but the fact that when I close a prg and the prg also closes windows is something that pisses me off!

The buttons I use are: the button at the opening- or closing window of mediaportal to close mediaportal. Then I get a new window with 4 buttons, 1 switch off, 2 restart, 3 sleep, 4 sleep position.
    When I use 1 switch off it also shuts down windows!!

Evron

Reggie220

March 14, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I just got mediaportal installed last night, but I think you are clicking the wrong button to close mediaportal. Just click the X to close mediaportal, the other button that may look like it is to close mediaportal, but is actually to close mediaportal and shut down your computer.

home.jpg

evron

March 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    that button does not exist in the last window I described. there is an other X button but that button appears only when I let mediaportal open itself in a small window. but that should not be the way to close mediaportal.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    X is the shutdown mediaportal button

Which skin are you using, you can also get to the close button on many screens by going to the top bar.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Please upload logs. Maybe it is some skinning issue that triggers the shutdown command (as you can use MP to close down the PC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer to use the TV and it's working.
    Default Direct Sound Device was the problem. MPAR worked better than Dircect Sound, but is still a problem. Changed Audio Renderer...
    New computer build with Windows 11 Pro. MediaPortal 1.34 x64. When I pause a video the audio drops out. This only occurs when...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.34 STB blasting for IPTV DE
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set top box into Mediaportal needs replaced with a different solution. I currently have HDMI from the STB to the colossus. Mediaportal is controlling the STB through a USBUIRT blaster and the blaster is...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    I'm downsizing my big honkin' HTPC case to a mini PC, which means the tried and true Hauppauge Colossus card that bridges the set...
    Replies
    Views
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the next release. We allocate about one month for Pre Release testing. In that time we will only fix bugs, after which comes the final release! Highlights of this release Bugfixes: [MP1-5221] - Core: Fix...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios were not populated Fallback to english tagline didn't work Score / Popularity now empty instead of dummy rating and unknown popularity numbers Also I've tried to compile plugin against MP 1.34 x64 and...
    I've updated dlls in first post. Fixes: Summary / Overview was always empty Collections were not filtered to official ones Studios...
    Hi! TheTVDB.com has movies in their API now. API itself looks ok now so I decided to add TVDB to Moving Pictures. Check it if you...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom