Mediaportal skin with wrong resolution after suspend - not fullscreen any more (1 Viewer)

jenklins

Portal Member
April 15, 2008
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Same Problem her...
Nvidia W7 MP1.0.2

I know this worked from the beginning... but i can't find what caused it
can't resolve either...

maybe driver related I have Nvidia ION whit latest stable whql drivers...
?

I have made a discovery on the NVIDIA problem.

If I set a standard resolution like 1280x720, 1280x768, 1920x1080 mm... it works no broken screen, but big overscan on my TV...
And if I set a custom resolution like 1228x690 the screen gets broken on resume... but no overscan... :)

strange...

don't know if its driver, W7 or MP related tou...

oakleez

Portal Member
March 7, 2009
It is a Windows 7 problem and not a MediaPortal problem. Happens with any maximised window (eg. Firefox, IE, etc.).

Yeah, I don't get this. XBMC works fine, MP shrinks itself to the upper-left corner when I switch to my PC from another source (ie: go from TV to HTPC)... I never use sleep mode, PC is always on.

Hitting alt+enter twice does restore MP to fullscreen... but that is annoying and unnecessary.

I wonder what XBMC does differently in "full screen mode" vs MP? The fact that it works tells me it's not simply a driver or OS issue like others have suspected..

Very frustrating... XBMC is a decent alternative but this bug is keeping me from using MP 1.1 as my primary media software.

Any ideas?!?

==============
Using:
Denon 2310ci AVR w/ latest firmware
Samsung 46" 1080p/120hz LCD TV with HDMI-CEC (AnyLink+) turned OFF
Windows 7 32bit
nVidia GT240 w/ HDMI & latest drivers
XBMC 9.11 & MP 1.1RC1
==============

Catchup

Portal Member
April 20, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Bumbping this topic. I have this precise problem with MP 1.2.3 a year after the last post in this topic. Any ideas?

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Bumbping this topic. I have this precise problem with MP 1.2.3 a year after the last post in this topic. Any ideas?

Me as well. I will try to stop and disable the AMD External Event Service. However, by doing this, what else am I losing?

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country

Me as well. I will try to stop and disable the AMD External Event Service. However, by doing this, what else am I losing?

This worked for like a day or two. Now the problem is back... anyone have any ideas??

Muttley

August 22, 2012
Albany, Western Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Same here, I have just swapped from an ATI 2600pro to a nVidia 610GT. We leave the PC on all the time and turn the teli/reciever off when required. 75% of the time it's OK, but 25% of the time the MP screen is either jammed up in the corner or 200%+ bigger then it should be. I have ditched the nVidia helper server to no avail. I'm using StreamedMP skin/MP 1.2.3.

shackrock

Portal Pro
December 27, 2008
Raleigh, NC
Home Country
I'm currently using the "alt+enter" twice keystroke (programmed on EventGhost to a button on my remote) - which takes care of this. But, still should not be happening...

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is something being looked at by the team, but is caused by Windows 7 rather than MediaPortal. It is generally suffered by people who are using AV Amplifiers, whereby the source switching in the amp causes the PC to not see a TV connected momentarily, so the graphic card goes to a default resolution, then, once the TV is redetected it then returns to the larger resolution, but all full screen programmes remain as a window (because their resolution is not increased back to the original size).

There are a couple of different potential work arounds to this, ranging from covering over Pin 19 of the HDMI connector, to changing the registry display settings, to modifying the defult resolution setting (so that it is the same as your viewing resolution). The last of these is the one that worked for my system. The regedit and default resolution workarounds can be found in section 15.3 of this guide: http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1602323-mediaportal-setup-guide.html

Robbo100

shackrock

Portal Pro
    December 27, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Home Country
    This is something being looked at by the team, but is caused by Windows 7 rather than MediaPortal. It is generally suffered by people who are using AV Amplifiers, whereby the source switching in the amp causes the PC to not see a TV connected momentarily, so the graphic card goes to a default resolution, then, once the TV is redetected it then returns to the larger resolution, but all full screen programmes remain as a window (because their resolution is not increased back to the original size).

There are a couple of different potential work arounds to this, ranging from covering over Pin 19 of the HDMI connector, to changing the registry display settings, to modifying the defult resolution setting (so that it is the same as your viewing resolution). The last of these is the one that worked for my system. The regedit and default resolution workarounds can be found in section 15.3 of this guide: http://www.avforums.com/forums/home-entertainment-pcs/1602323-mediaportal-setup-guide.html

Robbo100

Changing my default resolution setting where? I'm fairly certain that both MP and WIN7 for me are set to the same resolution as my TV (1080p).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom