MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-25-2009 19-39h - Revision:21793.rar (1 Viewer)

nachttier

Portal Pro
March 31, 2006
Viernheim
Home Country
Germany Germany
imported recordings not playable

Hi,

I fear something got screwed up with the import function for old recordings. In the 'Recorded TV' view they show up with a length of 0:00 and when I try to view them, somehow Windows Media Player is starting and complains about an unknown file type: .xml
Very strange to say the least. Maybe MP tries to open the .xml instead of the .ts, and somehow it uses the WMP for this operation. New recordings are not affected.
Logs attached.

Regards,
nachttier

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,

I fear something got screwed up with the import function for old recordings. In the 'Recorded TV' view they show up with a length of 0:00 and when I try to view them, somehow Windows Media Player is starting and complains about an unknown file type: .xml
    Very strange to say the least. Maybe MP tries to open the .xml instead of the .ts, and somehow it uses the WMP for this operation. New recordings are not affected.
    Logs attached.

Regards,
    nachttier

Hi,
    morpheus_xx solved this yesterday(was a side issue after .mpg was removed), but it wasn't in the publicbuild - will be in next :)

Regards
    Roy

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    I'm not sure if it is related to this release but i'veactivated Auto create thumbs but mtn.exe is running with a lot of CPU Usage and does NOT create any images.

Do you find this problem in all recordings?

Auto-thumb creation works perfectly for me in MPEG2 Standard Def' recordings, but mtn.exe locks any H264 High Def' stream and never creates thumbs in Recorded TV section for me. This also makes it impossible to delete recordings from within MP as the file is always locked.

For information: I've not upgraded to this svn, I'm still on 21527

rvmoerkerk

Portal Member
    February 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    my experiance

Hi,

This is my experiance;

- When starting mp (tv fullscreen) i'm not always getting sound. i need to close mp and restart a couple of times to get audio
    - mp stops playing tv for a couple of seconds when going to weather etc. (it freezes and then resumes)
    - it says that the xface is outdated. i could not find a newer then 1.7
    - going to video's is giving a lot of hdd activitie and browsing thruw the folders is very slow. it looks like the system can't handle the request. after some browsing it stops (screen freeze) but my vfd is giving the folders and i get sounds when selecting so it seems that mp is handeling my request in the background but that the screen is just frozen.

- when pauzing live tv it nevers has audio on resume.
    - when pauzing a movie this is somethimes when longer than 5 min. is being pauzed.

some other general thing;

i'm using a firedtv s2 sattelite card. i'm unable to get my local tv channels from astra 3 working (4x lnb) there are channels from this sattelite but not all of them.

greetings and thanks

Robbie

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    got a crash of mp again. now without the bleuscreen of death so a new log file.

BSOD is a good sign that you have hardware or at least driver related problems. Also the missing sound after resume at least for videos seems suspect to me and is another indicator that you have a problem with your core system. Maybe you can fill out your system specs in the forums properties so we have some additional info.

BTW: to find the cause of the BSOD you should analyze the dump which was written (at least a minidump). This can give you a clue which component is related to the problem.

Jeditrav

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Log files of mp attached

Cheers,
    Yhoogi

Edit:
    Did a sample run again with a correct log export as required. Also attached the log files matching to my first post

Hi,
    This issue it's now solved (atleast with VLC as player & same error as you saw) thx to Manfred, but you have to test this with your player when next publicbuild it's out ;)

Regards
    Roy

okay... Here they are....

I ran MP Debug Mode and whent to TV fullscreen, cycled through the aspect settings I had set in config (Normal, Zoom, Stretch) and non-linear stretch showed up again.

regards

Chuck

Hi,
    Issue now fixed thx to Manfred, so next public build will have it in(works fine here, but final testing & your place will tell if we hit correct).

Regards
    Roy

Hi,

Logs attached.

Regards,
    nachttier

Hi,
    morpheus_xx solved this yesterday(was a side issue after .mpg was removed), but it wasn't in the publicbuild - will be in next :)

Regards
    Roy

Hope there's a new public build soon :D

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Playing back video recorded with a previous version from analog cable gives horribly pixellated images, much worse than I ever saw from MP before. Logs are attached. Let me know if a sample video recording is also needed.

Update: Fixed in SVN of 28 Feb.: attached logs removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom