MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-02-28-2009 00-07h - Revision:21813.rar (2 Viewers)

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And in my opinion this IS related to this SVN - cause it is a bug. That it doesn't stop after 15s as you told above.

Don't argue with me if you cannot read the thread rules :rolleyes:
    There have been several builds already since anything has been changed for that feature...

However - your suggestion is pretty reasonable. Most of the time you're looking for new recordings therefore these will be handled first in the next build.
    Furthermore I've tried to fix the 15 second issue and added the output of mtn to the log file.
    Let's see how it works out...

kavven

Portal Member
    January 8, 2009
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Configuration.exe crashes...

Hello,

I get the following requester and configuration.exe is terminated..
    This on a clean install..

attachment.php

Attachments

• error.jpg
      error.jpg
      17.2 KB

Paul Shirley

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    The SVN has a pile of missing files, you need to install over an existing version or reinstall 1.0.0.0 and install over it. A clean install will fail - so don't uninstall the previous version.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    The SVN has a pile of missing files, you need to install over an existing version or reinstall 1.0.0.0 and install over it. A clean install will fail - so don't uninstall the previous version.

:confused: SVN test builds haven't ever been full releases (and they wont). :confused:

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As always this is also clearly stated in the first post ;)

How to install MediaPortal SVN-Snapshots in short:

1. [*]Install MediaPortal 1.0, not necessary if already done
    2. Run the Snapshot-Installer. You should create a backup.
    3. Run Configure. Sometimes the settings and database versions change from build to build, so you have to reconfigure your TV for example
    4. Hopefully enjoy the new version
    5. If not, restore your old files and you will have the former version back.

flintstone99

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Studdering TV channels

Hi,

with a clean install on this SVN I get studdering on some TV channels, e.g. Pro7 and Kabel1:mad:.
    However, not on the first switch to one of those channels, only when comming back from another one. Other channels are OK.:rolleyes:

With SVN of Feb. 10th this was not the case....No changes in HW or other SW. Same with different releases of PDVD codec including newest.

No stability issues...or other problems observed.
    Pls. see logs

regards
    flintstone

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi RTV,

i don't wanna argue with you - i'm sorry. (in German - ich fühlte mich nur auf den Schlips getreten) I only want to make MP better and help you and the other devs to know about bugs and perhaps fix them. But when you tell me and the others out there that i'm to stupid to use the normal plain SVN... i don't like that. A simple - hey disaster this can't be look at the code - is enough. I'll check and report back like in my last post (hey rtv what happens if the if (...) never gets ready...).

But you're correct i had to post this bug into the bug section and not here <- am i right?

However - your suggestion is pretty reasonable. Most of the time you're looking for new recordings therefore these will be handled first in the next build.
    Furthermore I've tried to fix the 15 second issue and added the output of mtn to the log file.
    Let's see how it works out...
    Thanks - i hope i can post more bug fixes and suggestions - i already make a first step and post a fix for an Imon / MiniDisplayplugin bug which is now verified in the bug section.

edsche

Community Plugin Dev
    January 7, 2007
    Ulm
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

with a clean install on this SVN I get studdering on some TV channels, e.g. Pro7 and Kabel1.
    However, not on the first switch to one of those channels, only when comming back from another one. Other channels are OK.

With SVN of Feb. 10th this was not the case....No changes in HW or other SW. Same with different releases of PDVD codec including newest.

No stability issues...or other problems observed.
    Pls. see logs

regards
    flintstone

Same problem here :/

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Analog broken (Hauppauge Hvr-1300) with the same problem as the others.
    Reverted to svn 25-02
    Bye,
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom