MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-22-2009 14-53h - Revision:22029.rar (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Music database issues

You either have the music reorg plugin or musicshare watcher active which rebuilds the database or you were deleting a "leftover" database at a wrong location. Please check MediaPortal.log for the path to MusicDatabaseV10.db3
    Hi rtv,
    thanks for the answer. The path where I deleted the database is the standard and definitely the right one since no other musicdatabase*.db3 exists on the drive. Musicshare watcher and dbreorg are indeed active, hence I will deactivate the plugins, test again (this evening) and report back.
    HTPC_Sourcer - Sorry for the stupid question, but you're not in shares mode by chance, are you?
    There is nothing such a stupid question;)
    But no, the music files are not stored on a share but on the same PC as MP. Nevertheless I would be interested to better understand what the difference would be in such case.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You either have the music reorg plugin or musicshare watcher active which rebuilds the database or you were deleting a "leftover" database at a wrong location. Please check MediaPortal.log for the path to MusicDatabaseV10.db3
    Hi rtv,
    thanks for the answer. The path where I deleted the database is the standard and definitely the right one since no other musicdatabase*.db3 exists on the drive. Musicshare watcher and dbreorg are indeed active, hence I will deactivate the plugins, test again (this evening) and report back.
    HTPC_Sourcer - Sorry for the stupid question, but you're not in shares mode by chance, are you?
    There is nothing such a stupid question;)
    But no, the music files are not stored on a share but on the same PC as MP. Nevertheless I would be interested to better understand what the difference would be in such case.

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

That's not what he means, it's a different view, which basically shows the contents of your folders and not the content of your music database. That could explain why you still see all your music, while having an empty database.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That's not what he means, it's a different view, which basically shows the contents of your folders and not the content of your music database. That could explain why you still see all your music, while having an empty database.
    OK. I realize that there is a difference between database and share view. How does one change from one to the other? I am currently using the view "Artist | Album | Track" but obviously it is not working as expected (or I am doing something wrong) since I seem to remain in share view mode only.

Would you maybe be so kind to add a screenshot of how settings should look like?

Thanks, HTPC_Sourcer :confused:

P.S.: I did what I always did but did not get what I always got!
    P.P.S.: Deleting and recreating the database caused some strange behavior on ProSieben/Sat1/Kabel1 yesterday evening: this transponder group suddenly showed really extreme stuttering like I've never seen it before. Resetting the PC did not cure the issue so I reinstalled TVServer 22029. Stuttering was then gone.

Rico

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2008
    Straelen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    problem with latest svn and TV Gemist plugin

hi all

i have a problem with latest svn and tv gemist plugin
    when i want to play the streams a popup comes cannot play video
    audio codec i asked this in tvgemist plugin thread but no one knows what causes the error and how this can be solved

tv gemist error problem

rest in my mediaportal is working fine only this plugin ( playing online dutch tv streams ) is causing errors
    strange is online videos you tube plugin is working fine
    also outside of mediaportal i can play the tv gemist streams only not in mediaportal

hope you guys can help me

attached are the log files

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    has anyone else got the effect that you get weird fps shown ?
    playing avis i get 125 fps and during recordings or tv i get 250fps (or at least thats what mp is showing)
    using evr (ffdshow for avi's and powerdvd 8 for the rest)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    wherever i go with the button, that line of epg follows it.. the button is working but the line is following..
    there is nothing in error or mp logs and all three conditions are true..

Which line exacly do you mean? the time indicator? it's logic hasn't changed, it only get's the proper height according to the count of shown channels.

can you post new screenshots, with correct and wrong display?

SilentException

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    Rijeka, Croatia
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2009-14-53h-revision-22029-rar-resultnew.jpg

new button is on top (text Group: All Channels) and one line from EPG is right underneath the button spreading up to (and over the date). you can see the text underneath the button: "No data available"

notice that on this screenshot, we have one line missing from epg but one empty line is added to channel list (one was channel 49 before)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2009-14-53h-revision-22029-rar-resultorg.png

this screenshot (OLD - OK) has 11 channels and 11 lines of EPG
    BAD screenshot has 12 channels and 10 lines of EPG (one went up to the button)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2009-14-53h-revision-22029-rar-resultnew.jpg

new button is on top (text Group: All Channels) and one line from EPG is right underneath the button spreading up to (and over the date). you can see the text underneath the button: "No data available"

notice that on this screenshot, we have one line missing from epg but one empty line is added to channel list (one was channel 49 before)

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-2009-14-53h-revision-22029-rar-resultorg.png

this screenshot (OLD - OK) has 11 channels and 11 lines of EPG
    BAD screenshot has 12 channels and 10 lines of EPG (one went up to the button)

Yes, I've seen those screenshots....

When you try to get this button correctly, please consider the focus handling inside the guide:

When you move in guide to left, it focuses the channel button and scrolls until current time back. Then, when you pass current time (to past), you get focus to the group button.

What I mean is, in this case the button should be vertically on the left side also, otherwise it could look confusing...

I suggest you post your modified xml sources and a link to complete skin (I dont use others currently ;) ). Maybe I find some time to look on it here....

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The question wasn't stupid. 97% of all computer issues are sitting in front of the screen and I obviously have been part of it. I guess that I had the share view activated...:oops:

Thanks to Raytestrak and x4mer for pointing me into the right direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom