MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-22-2009 14-53h - Revision:22029.rar (1 Viewer)

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ongoing problem with TV Server SVN installer

This SVN has the same problem with not installing/registering pdgmpgmux in the TV server folder, as EVERY SVN since 1.0 has had.

Since I had 21864 installed, the uninstaller allowed me to do a complete cleanup of all MP products - I chose that & confirmed the Program Files & User profile contents were wiped. I installed 1.0 final singleseat, & did not config or run it. At this point the mux file exists in both client & server directories.

I installed MP client SVN, followed by Server/plugin SVN. Now the mux file only exists in the client directory, & the server does not make use of the one installed in the client directory.

Any attempt to channel scan, or set quality settings on an analog card results in the following in TV Server error.log

2009-03-22 16:03:38.835940 [19]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.AddMpegMuxer()
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.BuildGraph()

2009-03-22 16:03:38.835940 [19]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Analog.TvCardAnalog.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Hybrid.HybridCardGroup.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvLibrary.Implementations.Hybrid.HybridCard.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
    at TvService.CardTuner.Tune(User& user, IChannel channel, Int32 idChannel)

2009-03-22 16:03:39.132340 [19]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvException: Cyberlink MPEG Muxer filter (mpgmux.ax) not installed The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002)

2009-03-22 16:03:39.210340 [SetupTv]: Exception :confused:ystem.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type 'TvLibrary.TvException' was not found. ---> System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: The constructor to deserialize an object of type 'TvLibrary.TvException' was not found.
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.GetConstructor(Type t, Type[] ctorParams)
    at System.Runtime.Serialization.ObjectManager.CompleteISerializableObject(Object obj, SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Opening a DOS prompt in the client directory & 'regsvr32 pdmpgmux.ax' Solves the problem with the errors & allows analog to work

Please change the SVN server installers, to install & register this file in the server folder, like the 1.0 release does. There have been problems reported revolving around this in every post 1.0 SVN thread.

Ruud's post a few above me, is probably caused by this problem. I see he's using a PVR-500 analog the same as me. Not all logs are attached though, so I can't confirm. Ruud please try the regsvr32 command above to see if it resolves your issue.

natomb

Portal Member
    July 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I kindly ask the question if it is the right strategy to shift issues from 1.0.1 release to 1.0.2 release, just the get 1.0.1 out?

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania
    I kindly ask the question if it is the right strategy to shift issues from 1.0.1 release to 1.0.2 release, just the get 1.0.1 out?

Hi natomb,
    as u can see i'm not one of the devs but i'm a team media portal tester so i can see how devs are trying to fix bugs and improve MP everyday (and night :D ) in their free time and when decide to shift an issue is just because it require heavy changes to the code,or maybe devs don't have time (real life is most important for all of us) to fix that issue.
    So no matter wich is the reason i never doubt the devs strategy,but this is only IMHO.;)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Totally agree with Pretoriano

If we did not change strategy sometimes, then advancement of MP might grind to a halt.

If a Dev becomes unavailable for personal reasons whatever, then we still need to try and move forward with what we have, and personally, I'm always grateful for what can be done now, not whats written for the future :)

Back on topic, please supply all info needed for correct BUG reports only, this we consider a fair request, half the posts, I could easily delete as they do not meet the criteria :(

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    2. Sorry - the folder.jpg seems to work as intended. Some users / team members might have different collections and preferences though. Please tell us how your folders are organized (and whether you checked the "All movies have a separate directory" option).

1.) I have a folder for every movie. This folder contains a folder.jpg file, a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder. On all these folders the folder.jpg is no longer displayed since this SVN.

2.) On some folders I have one movie consisting of more parts named movie-cd1.ts, movie-cd2.ts and a folder.jpg. On those folders the folder.jpg is still displayed as expected.

Also the sort order is messed up. Before this SVN all folder were in alphabetical order. Now the folders mentioned under 2.) are displayed first and the folders mentioned under 1.) follow.

I did not find any difference here wether "All movies have a separate directory" is checked or not.

IMHO the movie / folder handling was perfect before this SVN.

Regards,
    grubi.

There is a bug in folder handling and will be corrected in next SVN. I can provide compiled dlls if you want to check that all is working as expected.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    This SVN STILL has the focus bug - It's been there for the last 3 versions
    When MP is set to autostart on boot it loses focus and has to be clicked on to regain it.

This makes MP inoperable by my remote until I click it... (which incidentally causes StreamedMP to lose the menu - pressing 'back' shows it again though - I'm guessing it's a skin issue...)

This visualisations also still appear to be missing.
    MP control app -> music -> visualisations = only showing Alchemy and 'none'

:(

gusangora

Portal Pro
    January 14, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I still have the issue of no working visualisations other than Alchemy.
    Milkdrop does not appear in configuration unless sonique is also installed. I can then select either milkdrop or sonique, and configure milkdrop but neither will play when using MP (black screen displayed). I only want/need milkdrop.
    I use the Pure Audio plugin for music playback (with ASIO4ALL drivers), and also have Moving Pictures, My TV Series and RSS Ticker plugins installed.

I also have the above focus issue however my remote is still active (I only need to click 'enter', 'left' or 'right' to regain focus for MP).

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    2. Sorry - the folder.jpg seems to work as intended. Some users / team members might have different collections and preferences though. Please tell us how your folders are organized (and whether you checked the "All movies have a separate directory" option).

1.) I have a folder for every movie. This folder contains a folder.jpg file, a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder. On all these folders the folder.jpg is no longer displayed since this SVN.

2.) On some folders I have one movie consisting of more parts named movie-cd1.ts, movie-cd2.ts and a folder.jpg. On those folders the folder.jpg is still displayed as expected.

Also the sort order is messed up. Before this SVN all folder were in alphabetical order. Now the folders mentioned under 2.) are displayed first and the folders mentioned under 1.) follow.

I did not find any difference here wether "All movies have a separate directory" is checked or not.

Regards,
    grubi.

There is a bug in folder handling and will be corrected in next SVN. I can provide compiled dlls if you want to check that all is working as expected.

Yes, please provide the DLLs here so that I can test as well. Regards.
    :D

dirki1972

Portal Pro
    July 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    crash startup mp

i try to install the last svn und this one from today but i cant startup mp after. it crash.
    i have this error in log :

2009-03-23 10:26:33.405783 [ERROR][MPMain]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher.
    bei System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    bei System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.AddBitmap(PackedTextureNode root, Image rootImage, String file, Boolean& dontAdd)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.PackSkinGraphics(String skinName)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.Init()
    bei MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    bei MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

what the matter?
    with svn Rev21813 works all fine .

regards
    dirk

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Regards,
    grubi.

If you could post the dlls I will check if problem is solved.:D

This SVN STILL has the focus bug - It's been there for the last 3 versions
    When MP is set to autostart on boot it loses focus and has to be clicked on to regain it.

This makes MP inoperable by my remote until I click it... (which incidentally causes StreamedMP to lose the menu - pressing 'back' shows it again though - I'm guessing it's a skin issue...)

This visualisations also still appear to be missing.
    MP control app -> music -> visualisations = only showing Alchemy and 'none'

I can confirm this problem here, but it only happens sometimes. Doesn't matter if WinXP or Vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom