MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-22-2009 14-53h - Revision:22029.rar (1 Viewer)

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello devs

I fight against stuttering (5-8 times during 2 Hours Live-TV or recorded films) because of discontinues.
    This SVN reduces the stuttering. Before this svn, picture and tone stand still for a few milliseconds, now only picture stands still for such a few time, that my eyes can recognize it very hardly. Seems that tv-server is more "tolerant" when dincontinues. I ordered a Signal-Booster for DVBC, will see if the discos are gone then.

Great Work again and thank you for this phantastic Programm MP. I love ist!

Please excuse my bad english :)

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

installed over older SVN and works great. Thanks to the devs!:D

Even stuttering on some channels is gone, might be for other reasons?:confused:

thanks
    flintstone

Same here - occasional stutter on some channels seems to be gone. However the new bug in myVideos that folder.jpg is no longer being displayed made be switch back to previous SVN.

I fight against stuttering (5-8 times during 2 Hours Live-TV or recorded films) because of discontinues.
    This SVN reduces the stuttering. Before this svn, picture and tone stand still for a few milliseconds, now only picture stands still for such a few time, that my eyes can recognize it very hardly. Seems that tv-server is more "tolerant" when dincontinues. I ordered a Signal-Booster for DVBC, will see if the discos are gone then.

Please post your results with the booster. I have the same problem and see that you are also on German DVB-C and use a Floppy DTV. What is your cable provider?

To moderator: Sorry for hijacking this thread.

--------

Add: Seems that this modification broke folder.jpg display.

r21908 | manfred-mp | 2009-03-12 19:05:20 +0200 (Thu, 12 Mar 2009) | 4 lines

Part of fix for 0002011: xml files inside subfolders cause extremelly slow navigation speed
    - Ripped DVD with VIDEO_TS folder structure will now show IMDB info
    - Video image files will show IMDB info if extension added to movie extensions
    - Info will not be shown if folder consist more than one movie and focus is on folder

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Radio error and TV error

Hi,

Did a complete deinstall of MediaPortal, ran filmerit corrected all filter errors, did a fresh install of MP 1.0 and installed this SVN + TVplugin...

[Radio]
    in this SVN I experience the same error behaviour as in previous SVN:
    1. start playing radio
    2. memory usage of MP keeps increasing until MP exits without notice (crash)

Using MP default decoders (MPC - MPA)

Logs attached.

[TV]
    1. start TV
    ... on tv server I see that stream is started....
    2. no picture, switch to graphedit and see that video filter is in graph but not connected. Tried with both MP default filter MPC-MPEG-2 and PDVD9, both same issue.

no logs attached.... -> attached Here

Just curious: after installing sp2 for dotnet as required as of previous svn I'm not able to use the log collector: everything works, but zip file has corrupted crc on files. Am I the only one or are other people also experiencing this?

regards,
    Ruud.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here - occasional stutter on some channels seems to be gone. However the new bug in myVideos that folder.jpg is no longer being displayed made be switch back to previous SVN..

1. Right - the stuttering on ProSieben-SAT1 was transponder specific and has been fixed by Ambass. He's working on an even better fix currently.

2. Sorry - the folder.jpg seems to work as intended. Some users / team members might have different collections and preferences though. Please tell us how your folders are organized (and whether you checked the "All movies have a separate directory" option).

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    2. Sorry - the folder.jpg seems to work as intended. Some users / team members might have different collections and preferences though. Please tell us how your folders are organized (and whether you checked the "All movies have a separate directory" option).

1.) I have a folder for every movie. This folder contains a folder.jpg file, a VIDEO_TS folder and a AUDIO_TS folder. On all these folders the folder.jpg is no longer displayed since this SVN.

2.) On some folders I have one movie consisting of more parts named movie-cd1.ts, movie-cd2.ts and a folder.jpg. On those folders the folder.jpg is still displayed as expected.

Also the sort order is messed up. Before this SVN all folder were in alphabetical order. Now the folders mentioned under 2.) are displayed first and the folders mentioned under 1.) follow.

I did not find any difference here wether "All movies have a separate directory" is checked or not.

IMHO the movie / folder handling was perfect before this SVN.

Regards,
    grubi.

Pretoriano

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 1, 2007
    Roma, Italia
    Home Country
    Romania Romania

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom