MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-03-22-2009 14-53h - Revision:22029.rar (2 Viewers)

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Whist playing radio (streamed BBC Radio 2) I 'strolled' around the menus (viewed the Weather and News items)
    MP lost most of the Basic Home Screen (only radio, weather and news were available - I normally have them AND TVSeries, MovingPictures etc...)
    MP then died :(

Logs attached...

dbgurudk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    hi folks,

bullguad report an virus in the download filer??

the virus is in the tv-server*.exe

any ideas?

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Analogue TV is working again!!!

A huge thank you to all the Dev's:D

I am glad to report that with the latest SVN, analogue TV is working fine again.

"The svn from the 10/02/2009 works fine. When starting TV for the 1st time, any channel starts, but when I change a channel, I get a black screen for +- 7 seconds, then the last frame of the previous channel reappears. I can stop TV and then start again on the desired channel.

This behaviour also causes no recordings to start (unless it was tuned to the channel that should record before the recording starts)"

Neil

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Network video folders artwork not showing

Hi there

I have installed this svn this morning. An issue that I'm experiencing:

I have network folders defined in my "vedeos: section. With previous svn's the artwork "folder.jpg" showed fine in the Videos "Shares" view.
    Now it only shows the default DVD/CD icon for them (local folder dvd's show fine)

I have attached logs and the screenshot.

Please advise

Neil

Attachments

• Videos.jpg
      Videos.jpg
      65.5 KB

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    mp just crashed after having graphic errors (described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/graphics-errors-56362/) and doing alt+f4.

logs attached

You have a negative value here:
    2009-03-23 15:26:32.739453 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Video memory left: -518 MB

I guess that your cache folder is quite large. Try ::THIS::

Is there any easy answer to why the splash screen stops at "Initialize texture manager" ???

logs go well until this line...

2009-03-23 19:09:18.583216 [Info.][MPMain]: TexturePacker: D3D device does support 4096x4096 textures

Can post full logs but they are completely normal. might i be missing something ?

ive even tried to put cache folder in network just in case, although it was working fine before doing so until yesterday

Make sure that you don't use gfx files which are larger than 2048x2048 px.

thanks rtv, but i dont think i do.

where would this files be located? just to make sure.

also, its a shame that whole mp enter not operating mode, just because of a gfx oversize, maybe this could require a fix to avoid it.

Test ::THIS::

i try to install the last svn und this one from today but i cant startup mp after. it crash.
    i have this error in log :

2009-03-23 10:26:33.405783 [ERROR][MPMain]: D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.OutOfMemoryException: Nicht genügend Arbeitsspeicher.
    bei System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
    bei System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.AddBitmap(PackedTextureNode root, Image rootImage, String file, Boolean& dontAdd)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.TexturePacker.PackSkinGraphics(String skinName)
    bei MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUITextureManager.Init()
    bei MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
    bei MediaPortal.D3DApp.InitializeEnvironment()

:(
    what the matter?
    with svn Rev21813 works all fine .

regards
    dirk

Hi dirki1972

Can you please check if the texture manager has created any files in the cache folder for the related skin? I have the same issue on one of my systems and the reason for the crash is, that the cache folder for the skin is not build up during the start of MP. After copying over the files from another instance it worked. I am still investigating the problem as I assume it is related to my XP installation.

hirscho

yes hirscho thats right,
    texture manager dont create the cache folder from skin.
    after i copy a old one to cache folder then mp start, but i still cant use because the letters
    on home screen are very confused.....
    i think something with texture manager is not ok i read
    that the manager create cache from all into the thumb folder..... hmm and there i have also my fanart folder,
    maybe thats the reason to much for 4 gb ram to create.....

maybe next svn will fix this

regards
    dirk

Try ::THIS::

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi there

I have network folders defined in my "vedeos: section. With previous svn's the artwork "folder.jpg" showed fine in the Videos "Shares" view.
    Now it only shows the default DVD/CD icon for them (local folder dvd's show fine)

Please advise

Neil

Hi Neil
    Have'nt looked at your logs and did not try to reproduce, but did you try the "folder fix" in the 2nd post?
    Hope that helps?

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Video folder artwork fixed

Hi there

Please advise

Neil

Hi Neil
    Have'nt looked at your logs and did not try to reproduce, but did you try the "folder fix" in the 2nd post?
    Hope that helps?

Hi Rekenaar

:DThanks for the advise, replacing the files in the Video_TS fix solved my issue:).

Regards

Neil

AranBawan

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Power Scheduler changes the windows standby/hibernate behaviour

say you have configured the windows xp to go to hibernate if you press sleep button.
    This will work if you press PC power on MS remote or sleep button on you keyboard.
    Now if the TV server is running and you have enabled the Power Scheduler, then the pc goes to standby regardless of the setting in widows.
    if stop Power Scheduler and or TV server and restart the pc doing what you have sett in power setting to do.need to say that a restart is needed to see the effect.
    This have been tested with the last 2 SVNs, 21864, 22029

Sorry I can't post from the MP PC to provide the logs, however I think this can be replicated by developers easily.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    AranBawan

Mr Hipp has already sorted this out, so should be fine in future release.

Hameno

Portal Member
    January 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mp just crashed after having graphic errors (described here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/my-tvseries-162/graphics-errors-56362/) and doing alt+f4.

logs attached

You have a negative value here:
    2009-03-23 15:26:32.739453 [Info.][MPMain]: Main: Video memory left: -518 MB

I guess that your cache folder is quite large. Try ::THIS::

Buts that kinda strange. i have 512MB shared Memory (UMA) and 128MB sideport - but these problems are only when using vmr9 on vista 64, maybe a bug?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom