MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-02-2009 11-27h - Revision:22162.rar | Page 4

Discussion in '[untested] MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 svn-build' started by MediaPortal-Bot, April 2, 2009.

1. te3hpurp
    • Team MediaPortal

te3hpurp Retired Team Member

Senior Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +228 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    I just installed this, before going to work, so no time to check it up, but had similar problem.
    I have dvb-s & dvt-t tuners. After updating install of this svn, dvb-s says cannot build graph & dvt-t has no channels mapped. So i started tvsetup.exe and i have new dvt-t tuner appearing and old-one is appearing as unknown.
    After mapping channels to dvb-t tuner again, it started to work. Although dvb-s card is not working at all yet.

I'll probably do complete uninstall of tvserver and reinstall, to see if starts to work.

regards,

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. bazzz

bazzz Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    I set the max fps to 60 for my 60 Hz LCD TV, but MP insisted on going no higher than 50 fps. I then edited the GUIRenderFPS value in MediaPortal.xml to 60, and everything was silky smooth. Did I miss something?

Nice scrolling now, btw.

4. ronilse
    • Team MediaPortal

ronilse Retired Team Member

MediaPortal tester
    Ratings:
    +280 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Show System Specs
    Hi,
    I see this too, but we seems to be the only one so please add your specification so we can compare.

Regards
    Roy

5. tourettes
    • Team MediaPortal

tourettes Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,810 / 3
    Indeed, for me both 75Hz and 50hz worked (on 75Hz PC monitor). Of course there is a small bug in MP GUI engine frame limiting code that caused the rendering to be running on 52-53fps. But this issue is not causing any "bad" side effects as the display drivers / GPU will limit the rendering to the v-sync. So on 50 setting the rendering is limited to 50 fps on a 50Hz display (if drivers are working correctly).

So, the question is why MP is no obeying the setting on all PCs?

6. morpheus_xx
    • Team MediaPortal

morpheus_xx Lead Dev MP2

Ratings:
    +6,738 / 11
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    the knc dll requires vc9 runtime redistributales installed

7. infinite.loop
    • Team MediaPortal

infinite.loop Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +4,154 / 7
    Home Country:
    Austria Austria
    Show System Specs
    @ ALL - Bugreport replies without a complete set of logfiles will be deleted!
    if you encounter problems with this svn build, and you decide to post them here, then !!! INCLUDE LOGFILES !!!

We need the complete set of logfiles if you want that we can help you. Not just one logfile, nor just a part of some logfile.

So, in order to keep these svn threads clean, and useful, our moderators have been adviced to delete "Bugreport/Support Replies" which do not include a comple set of _all_ logfiles.

Either created with the "MediaPortal Debug" or the "Logs Collecor" Shortcut from your windows start menu.

:D

it will not be able to update a 1.0+svn build installation to 1.0.1

updateing only works with 1.0 vanilla installation​

• Like Like x 1
  8. rtv
    • Team MediaPortal

rtv Retired Team Member

CTO at ES2000
    Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    If you press "back" while the list is focused it will be handled as "folder up".
    If you press "back" while e.g. the menu is focused it will go back to the previous screen.

The delays are surely related to the fact that Windows reports drive "D:" not to be ready (yet?).
    Is this a misconfigured share? Are there external drives configured which might be off at that time?

9. Pe2RM

Pe2RM Portal Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just a hunch what worked for me.

But as Infinityloop stated, without logs its hard to say whats going wrong, so we have to guess.

I had the same issue for an analog PVR350, type 'unknown'.
    I realized i had set 'preload card' to on in the card properties a couple of weeks ago.
    But with this SVN, with the card type 'unknown' the 'edit' tab was grayed out so i could not change it back to 'Preload card' to off.

So i edited the card properties manual in the database with 'SQL Server Management'. The table 'card' in 'MpTvDB' field 'preload' to false. Started TV Service and everthing was back Ok.
    Manual editing in the database is not the preferred way if you don't known what your doing!!!!!!

If you reverted back to the previous SVN you can properbly get back into the 'edit' tab and disable 'Preload card'.

Hope this can help you, because MP gets better every SVN (for me). :D

10. iosub

iosub Portal Pro

Computer Bussines
    Ratings:
    +30 / 0
    HI,,

To ALL devs and specialy to rtv.. GREAT JOB !! the performace of the skin is increible!! and Mediaportal is just going almost perfect!

BTW does any of you guys want a new job :) ? My company is in Spain(San Sebastian) very nice city we do a lot of WPF applications, good people .......

Thanks for your great work!!

11. rtv
    • Team MediaPortal

rtv Retired Team Member

CTO at ES2000
    Ratings:
    +301 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Thank you - work is nice if you make people happy with it ;)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!