MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-04-02-2009 11-27h - Revision:22162.rar (1 Viewer)

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I am having problems with tv tuners in TV Server with this SVN. The "type" field in the tuner list shows 'Unknown'. They are listed correctly (i.e. DVB-T and analogue) when I first enter TV Server configuration, but if I change anything they switch to unknown. I re-installed from scratch with the same result.

In the TV Server error log I am getting a message saying "cannot find KNCBDACTRL.dll". The dll is there.

I reverted back to the previous SVN and everything is ok. I am using WinXP Pro SP3.

I just installed this, before going to work, so no time to check it up, but had similar problem.
    I have dvb-s & dvt-t tuners. After updating install of this svn, dvb-s says cannot build graph & dvt-t has no channels mapped. So i started tvsetup.exe and i have new dvt-t tuner appearing and old-one is appearing as unknown.
    After mapping channels to dvb-t tuner again, it started to work. Although dvb-s card is not working at all yet.

I'll probably do complete uninstall of tvserver and reinstall, to see if starts to work.

regards,

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks to the devs for all their work.

I see from the changelogs that many changes were made surrounding the rendering of the UI, & that these changes seem to be based around a 50Hz base clock. Is this hard coded (completely/partially), or does it follow the setting for UI rendering?

I wonder this, as I would think that it should be based around a 60Hz clock for those in an NTSC region, & want to know if it's user controllable.

I set the max fps to 60 for my 60 Hz LCD TV, but MP insisted on going no higher than 50 fps. I then edited the GUIRenderFPS value in MediaPortal.xml to 60, and everything was silky smooth. Did I miss something?

Nice scrolling now, btw.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks to the devs for all their work.

I see from the changelogs that many changes were made surrounding the rendering of the UI, & that these changes seem to be based around a 50Hz base clock. Is this hard coded (completely/partially), or does it follow the setting for UI rendering?

I wonder this, as I would think that it should be based around a 60Hz clock for those in an NTSC region, & want to know if it's user controllable.

I set the max fps to 60 for my 60 Hz LCD TV, but MP insisted on going no higher than 50 fps. I then edited the GUIRenderFPS value in MediaPortal.xml to 60, and everything was silky smooth. Did I miss something?

Nice scrolling now, btw.

Hi,
    I see this too, but we seems to be the only one so please add your specification so we can compare.

Regards
    Roy

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Hi, I see this too, but we seems to be the only one so please add your specification so we can compare.

Indeed, for me both 75Hz and 50hz worked (on 75Hz PC monitor). Of course there is a small bug in MP GUI engine frame limiting code that caused the rendering to be running on 52-53fps. But this issue is not causing any "bad" side effects as the display drivers / GPU will limit the rendering to the v-sync. So on 50 setting the rendering is limited to 50 fps on a 50Hz display (if drivers are working correctly).

So, the question is why MP is no obeying the setting on all PCs?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    @ ALL - Bugreport replies without a complete set of logfiles will be deleted!
    if you encounter problems with this svn build, and you decide to post them here, then !!! INCLUDE LOGFILES !!!

We need the complete set of logfiles if you want that we can help you. Not just one logfile, nor just a part of some logfile.

So, in order to keep these svn threads clean, and useful, our moderators have been adviced to delete "Bugreport/Support Replies" which do not include a comple set of _all_ logfiles.

Either created with the "MediaPortal Debug" or the "Logs Collecor" Shortcut from your windows start menu.

:D

just a quick question. Will it be possible to update a svn version to 1.0.1 final? Or will it only work from 1.0 vanilla?
    it will not be able to update a 1.0+svn build installation to 1.0.1

updateing only works with 1.0 vanilla installation​

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

I have recently started using My Music. With this SVN and the previous it takes many minutes for the menu to go back from My Music to Home (actually it goes back to folder view, but I expected the GUI to go back to home screen when pressing backup button on remote). Here is the relevant log entry from MediaPortal.log

Code:
    2009-04-02 18:09:49.185000 [Info.][MPMain]: VirtualDirectory: Could not fetch folder contents for D:: The device is not ready.

Let me know if you need more info.

If you press "back" while the list is focused it will be handled as "folder up".
    If you press "back" while e.g. the menu is focused it will go back to the previous screen.

The delays are surely related to the fact that Windows reports drive "D:" not to be ready (yet?).
    Is this a misconfigured share? Are there external drives configured which might be off at that time?

Pe2RM

Portal Member
    October 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Originally Posted by zanlation
    I am having problems with tv tuners in TV Server with this SVN. The "type" field in the tuner list shows 'Unknown'. They are listed correctly (i.e. DVB-T and analogue) when I first enter TV Server configuration, but if I change anything they switch to unknown. I re-installed from scratch with the same result.

Just a hunch what worked for me.

But as Infinityloop stated, without logs its hard to say whats going wrong, so we have to guess.

I had the same issue for an analog PVR350, type 'unknown'.
    I realized i had set 'preload card' to on in the card properties a couple of weeks ago.
    But with this SVN, with the card type 'unknown' the 'edit' tab was grayed out so i could not change it back to 'Preload card' to off.

So i edited the card properties manual in the database with 'SQL Server Management'. The table 'card' in 'MpTvDB' field 'preload' to false. Started TV Service and everthing was back Ok.
    Manual editing in the database is not the preferred way if you don't known what your doing!!!!!!

If you reverted back to the previous SVN you can properbly get back into the 'edit' tab and disable 'Preload card'.

Hope this can help you, because MP gets better every SVN (for me). :D

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    HI,,

To ALL devs and specialy to rtv.. GREAT JOB !! the performace of the skin is increible!! and Mediaportal is just going almost perfect!

BTW does any of you guys want a new job :) ? My company is in Spain(San Sebastian) very nice city we do a lot of WPF applications, good people .......

Thanks for your great work!!

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI,,

To ALL devs and specialy to rtv.. GREAT JOB !! the performace of the skin is increible!! and Mediaportal is just going almost perfect!

BTW does any of you guys want a new job :) ? My company is in Spain(San Sebastian) very nice city we do a lot of WPF applications, good people .......

Thanks for your great work!!

Thank you - work is nice if you make people happy with it ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom