MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-02-2008 18-58h - Revision:19010 (1 Viewer)

MelDi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 6, 2008
    Wellington
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TV-Server: Version RC 1.0 with latest SVN builds

I have a perfect running TV Server with TV client.

Now i have a laptop, that i want to use upstairs.
    I can see the guide and I can see the recorded TV.
    When i start the recorded TV, the screen stays black.

I followed the documentation.
    It could be that I do something wrong, or is it this SVN/.
    Can somebody please investigate?

Intrestingly I had this exact same problem until I moved the timeshifting folder from its default location of "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\team mediaportal\tv server" to another location on the hard drive. Works fine for me now. Guess I'll need to play with user permissions or something if I want to keep it in the default location.

This also applied to recorded TV?

It applied to both the live TV and the recorded TV. I'm not sure if this is relevant to you or not, but it was something I noticed in my setup that seems similar to yours that I managed to fix by changing a setting. The easiest way I can think of to find out if your graphics card can handle the .TS files would be to try copying one onto your laptop and attempting to open it with a standard player such as media player classic.

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Intrestingly I had this exact same problem until I moved the timeshifting folder from its default location of "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\team mediaportal\tv server" to another location on the hard drive. Works fine for me now. Guess I'll need to play with user permissions or something if I want to keep it in the default location.

It applied to both the live TV and the recorded TV. I'm not sure if this is relevant to you or not, but it was something I noticed in my setup that seems similar to yours that I managed to fix by changing a setting. The easiest way I can think of to find out if your graphics card can handle the .TS files would be to try copying one onto your laptop and attempting to open it with a standard player such as media player classic.

:D Will try tonight at home.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After installing RC1 there is no "Thumb Folder" in the root of MP. I can create or copy an Folder of one of my other HTPC´s with the "older MP" , but in myTV no thumbs visible.

Please note that some folders are changed. You can find them under c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal in Vista. As a rule, never create a folder, but look where it is on your system ;)

this also should be fixed in next svn.
    Then you will be able to open the correct folder out of the MP configuration.exe ;)

regards
    chefkoch

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    scanning is not working for me it scans finds 2 channels and it finds the same one on all the transponders and it keeps updating the same 2 channels. Worked before RC1 with svns. here are my logs

Code:
    [SetupTv]: Util: Registered Psisdecd.dll does not exist in path: C:\DOCUME~1\EMKO\Desktop\psisdecd.dll

Regardless whether your system is working or not - like all other people with scanning issues you should make sure your filters are up to date and working correct...

If Windows File Protection is active then please use a tool or google how to boot into safe mode to update the files manually.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Anybody else having problems with the PowerScheduler plugin? I reinstalled MP + this SVN last saturday, and since then it doesn't go into standy (suspend) anymore, and that worked flawlessly before. Both Client & Server are set @ 30 mins, unticked 'only on home screen', so it should work.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    scanning is not working for me it scans finds 2 channels and it finds the same one on all the transponders and it keeps updating the same 2 channels. Worked before RC1 with svns. here are my logs

Code:
    [SetupTv]: Util: Registered Psisdecd.dll does not exist in path: C:\DOCUME~1\EMKO\Desktop\psisdecd.dll

Regardless whether your system is working or not - like all other people with scanning issues you should make sure your filters are up to date and working correct...

If Windows File Protection is active then please use a tool or google how to boot into safe mode to update the files manually.

Does this include me and my 'No Signal' issue? Would appreciate a response to this problem please :).

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does this include me and my 'No Signal' issue? Would appreciate a response to this problem please :).

Code:
    2008-05-04 15:22:52.593750 [SetupTv]: Util: Version of installed Psisdecd.dll: 6.5.2710.2732 Path: C:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~2\dvbfix\psisdecd.dll
    2008-05-04 15:22:52.625000 [SetupTv]: Util: Version of installed Psisdecd.dll: 6.5.2600.2180 Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsisDecd.dll

Yes ;)

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

:D Will try tonight at home.

I can play my ts file from my laptop, using windows media player.
    Thats enough for me.

I can play my ts file from my laptop, using windows media player.
    Thats enough for me.

But it doesn't work using media portal in multi-seat.

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Code:
    [SetupTv]: Util: Version of installed Psisdecd.dll: 6.5.2710.2732 Path: C:\PROGRA~1\TEAMME~1\MEDIAP~2\dvbfix\psisdecd.dll
    [SetupTv]: Util: Version of installed Psisdecd.dll: 6.5.2600.2180 Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\PsisDecd.dll

Yes ;)

Right, I rebooted into safe mode, and replaced the mpeg2data.ax and PsisDecd.dll in the System32 directory and registered them with the .bat...

Same 'no signal' issue... Any chance you could have another look at my new logs? At one point they say there is a problem with the registration of PsisDecd.dll, then later they specify the correct version...?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Right, I rebooted into safe mode, and replaced the mpeg2data.ax and PsisDecd.dll in the System32 directory and registered them with the .bat...

Same 'no signal' issue... Any chance you could have another look at my new logs? At one point they say there is a problem with the registration of PsisDecd.dll, then later they specify the correct version...?

Code:
       at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.BuildGraph()
    2008-05-06 20:24:52.140625 [8]: Exception   :
    Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {AFB6C280-2C41-11D3-8A60-0000F81E0E4A}
     failed due to the following error: 80040154.
    My search for this CLSID returned "mpg2splt.ax"
    Error result 80040154 = "Filter not registered"

So still some splitter problem unrelated to MP - hope this helps..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom