MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-02-2008 18-58h - Revision:19010 (2 Viewers)

EViS

Portal Pro
September 30, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Code:
regsvr32 "C:\Windows\System32\mpg2splt.ax"

Just fixed the problem :). I've learned a great lesson here, use the logs MORE!! Thank you very much for your help to date rtv.

The only problem I have with this RC1 is the MPTestTool opening up with MP1 everytime and it being in focus behind the MP window (hence MP not being in focus). Looking above, this has apprently been addressed now for the next SVN?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice it is working for you now.

Yes - the out-of-focus has been fixed. However regarding the Testtool I need your MediaPortal.log...

EViS

Portal Pro
    September 30, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Nice it is working for you now.

Yes - the out-of-focus has been fixed. However regarding the Testtool I need your MediaPortal.log...

It's attached. From my testing so far, it only pop's up after the TV Server service has been restarted... Everytime MP is closed and open from then on it doesn't pop up anymore... Untill the next time TV Server is restarted...

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    thanks rtv i fixed it by going in safe mode and replaced the old ones in system32 and register them all works good now :) one thing though i noticed because i left tv running to see when i get back home see if its still working is that the sqlserver.exe is at 103MB now is this normal? i did try to use the EPG but it didn't work for me used to work in pre RC1 and i don't see any EPG in MP so whats filling up the 100MB? sorry if my questions don't make sence im kinda tired just got back from work and its 2am :( oh and i also get mptesttool loading up when i load MP.

Erbsenkopp

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    chemelli & chefkoch

Thank you for your information - now my thumbs are back :)

The only problem is still that i cant change back my volume high in myTV :-(

regards,
    Erbsenkopp

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    one thing though i noticed because i left tv running to see when i get back home see if its still working is that the sqlserver.exe is at 103MB now is this normal?
    yeah thats normal for sql server until u limit the ram usage. have seenn (not on tv database severs) sql server using 8gb of memory....

EMKO

Portal Pro
    May 4, 2006
    yea but i would understand if its 8gb of data but since i am not using the epg what could get it to 100MB or am i missing something? i never used this Microsoft one before but because i used the one click setup and it installed it so i don't know how to see the database tables like you can with mysql

update: just turned on epg and the ram usage by sqlserver is at 400MB already and going up slowly i don't remember mysql getting anywhere near that

Erbsenkopp

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i´ve just want to limit the db too, but there is no "SQL Server Management Studio Express" entrie inside my "All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 " folder ?!?

regards,
    Erbsenkopp

Meier

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

i´ve just want to limit the db too, but there is no "SQL Server Management Studio Express" entrie inside my "All Programs -> Microsoft SQL Server 2005 " folder ?!?

regards,
    Erbsenkopp

reading other posts helps:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom