MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-23-2008 22-51h - Revision:19158 (2 Viewers)

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey all,
    first of all:Thanks to everyone for this snapshot. Almost everything I need works fine now. This is the first RC1 snapshot I could do a channel scan without crash with.

I only have one issue, obviously related to that Power Scheduler thing mentioned above: Hibernating Windows does not work as long as TVService is running.

Best regards,
    Sepp.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hello I installed the lastest svn snapshot and have only found 1 problem so far ( for me ). Can't find the daemon tools option in the config. Want to be able to mount the img, miso files I have. Any ideas? ( Thank all of you so much for all the hard work you guys & girls put into making MediaPortal such a great experience )

This got me at first. The configuration appears to have an 'Expert' mode, check the top right of the Configuration window.

My experience with this SVN is good, it could be placebo but channel change on TV client is a lot quicker and I'm getting less splutter when the stream starts. I still seem to find that when I get a blip in the DVB-T signal the sound stutters for up to half a minute, unless I pause/unpause. It didn't do this pre-RC1.

xvffx

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am using Core CC Parser as "TV post processing" for Closed Caption in North America. They are working together, very stable, reliable and accurate. If I switch channels, MP will crash after about 4 times of switching, but still at first 3 times MP works great with Closed Caption.

Off course MP is working very well without Core CC Parser, it only crashes once after about 30 times of channel switching.

What the reason could be please?

:

this is interesting, how do you blame CCCP ? I too use this and it only crashes when I switch LNB (group) but very stable on channel change on same LNB (group) but then I could be wrong since once in while it does crash.

I'll be so glad if this is the reason and got a fix for it.. cuz we re talking hundreds of users depending on CC (maybe at the same time maybe a function to turn them on and off on the fly) :rolleyes: ( I know, no new features allow)

note: my work around to switch between group is to stop the video first.

could the dev please, I beg, please to look into this and if needed I'll rebuild my image with the new SVN and generate the log as well for comparenson.

many many regards

Vff

qmark

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hey all,
    I only have one issue, obviously related to that Power Scheduler thing mentioned above: Hibernating Windows does not work as long as TVService is running.
    Same problem here. I can't suspend or Hibernate Windows while the TVService is running (neither from Mediaportal, or through Windows).

Here's a piece of the tv.log with extra info

2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: PowerScheduler: System wants to enter standby (query)
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: PowerScheduler: Suspend queried, starting suspend sequence
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: PowerScheduler: Entering shutdown Hibernate ; forced: False -- kick off shutdown thread
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [Powerscheduler Suspender]: PowerScheduler: Shutdown thread is running: Hibernate, force: False
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: PowerStatus:QuerySuspend rejected by TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [Powerscheduler Suspender]: PowerScheduler: Informing handlers about UserShutdownNow
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: OnPowerEvent: PowerStatus: QuerySuspendFailed
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [Powerscheduler Suspender]: PowerScheduler: Shutdown is allowed False ; forced: False
    2008-05-24 13:38:46.062500 [PowerEventThread]: PowerScheduler: Entering standby was disallowed (blocked)

rglover

April 6, 2008
    .dvr-ms files still do not play.

I still cannot play .dvr-ms files created by Windows MCE 2005. I can play these files fine in Windows Media Player. Using PowerDVD 7 Codecs and I have the PowerDVD codec selected as the preferred decoder in the XP Decoder Checkup utility. Any help would be appreciated.

Logs attached.

JoeSmith

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    net stop TVService.exe does not work for me (have a new vista install, used xp before)
    i'm using it to shut down the tvservice after resuming from standby with PVRS.
    Is there something else i have to use in vista ?
    A command line for the Setup-Tv.exe would be nice, like "SetupTV.exe -stopservice" and "SetupTV.exe -startservice" (that is not opening the Setup) or something like that

The second thing i noticed (might have been on xp too) {Vista, EVR, ffdshow}
    If i start MP with no "auto-on-tv" i get ~25 fps in MyTV, but as soon as i open channels the framerate drops to 8-9 fps.
    If i now close channels and start tv (no fullscreen) and then open channels again i have a constant fps of 25 again.
    Its not really a bug cause its works fine, just something i noticed ...

Thanks

Joe

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    I still cannot play .dvr-ms files created by Windows MCE 2005. I can play these files fine in Windows Media Player. Using PowerDVD 7 Codecs and I have the PowerDVD codec selected as the preferred decoder in the XP Decoder Checkup utility. Any help would be appreciated.

Logs attached.

That's probably because the show is protected.. Check from MCE 2005 if the show says that is protected.. MP does not play protected media, only not protected dvr-ms files

Iosu

rglover

April 6, 2008

Logs attached.

That's probably because the show is protected.. Check from MCE 2005 if the show says that is protected.. MP does not play protected media, only not protected dvr-ms files

Iosu

These shows are definitely not protected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom