MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-23-2008 22-51h - Revision:19158 (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    just notice dvb radio does not work, i know its in the roadmap but i tried with RC1 without svn and it works. just wanted to let you know, im sure you already did.

There is a problem with radio, as you need to select station twice before it will work (thats how it is for me).

Agreed.

Also it sems that the tsbuffers aren't always cleared/deleted when stop/starting the radio or going from TV/video to radio.

This can cause some oddities like the radio starts for a second or two and stops. the sound may be from a previous channel and not the selected channel.

In this case ensure you key 'stop' button which can reset this and start the channel again.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    bugs?

Hello,

just did a clean install of this svn version in a multi seat setup. Works like a charm except for some 'Glitches' I found while setting up:
    1. in TV server configuration 'export' of channels does not work (error log attached in log.rar)
    2. when adding analog radio channels and only filling in the frequency and not the channel# (on the analog tab), it saves correctly but you cannot edit the channel anymore (error: 'No analog tuning details available for this channel') -> workaround: delete radio channel and reenter (with dummy channel#)
    3. XMLTV mappings maps against channel names instead of against display names, channel names have program names in it that are found during the scanning of the channels -> two screen captures attached
    4. When going into TV Channels / TV Groups on the mapping tab and you directly press the [up] or [down] buttons without selecting a channel, the list is not displayed anymore. After a restart of the tv server config tool, the list is displayed again.
    5. Scanning for radio channels comes up with a list of frequencies that only produce 'static noise': have to enter all radio channels manually

If more information is needed please let me know.

thanks for the hard and constructive work you all put in: highly appreciated!

kind regards,
    Ruud.

Attachments

• MappingsChannelNames.png
      MappingsChannelNames.png
      22.5 KB
    • TVChannelDisplayNames.png
      TVChannelDisplayNames.png
      38.4 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Balor

May 22, 2008
    Hello,

I did a clean install of this svn.
    I deleted my channels without purpose and after mapping the first 2 channels, i did a check.
    Both tv-channel were ok, switching was fine too (via MP and MP TV Client).
    I mapped the rest of my channels and after tune-in my first channel i never can change this tv-channel. Then it shows always my first tuned-in channel.
    Neither the MP nor the MP TV Client can switch then the right way.

if you need more infos don't hestitate to ask. :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

PS:
    I found out something weird by testing via Preview of TV-Server-Configuration.
    When you switch to the first channel in the list, it switches really. After that you can also switch to any other channel and it switches too. But until then you are unable to change the channel again... until you switch to the first channel once more! :)

Problem solved!
    for every channel you not only need the frequency, you also need a different channel number. :)

rglover

April 6, 2008
    I still cannot play .dvr-ms files created by Windows MCE 2005. I can play these files fine in Windows Media Player. Using PowerDVD 7 Codecs and I have the PowerDVD codec selected as the preferred decoder in the XP Decoder Checkup utility. Any help would be appreciated.

Logs attached.

That's probably because the show is protected.. Check from MCE 2005 if the show says that is protected.. MP does not play protected media, only not protected dvr-ms files

Iosu
    Here's some more info in case it helps. I am able to play any of the .dvr-ms files using mediaportal version 0.2.3.0 RC2. I have looked at these files in MCE and they are definitely not protected. I have tried many different codecs with this SVN with no luck. All that happens is that the screen freezes for a second and then nothing. I can play .ts, .divx/xvid and mkv files with no problems.

Is there anything else I can do that will give you more information to investigate what might still be wrong?

Wolffi8

Portal Member
    May 16, 2008
    Hi there,
    i installed this version and it resolved most of my problems that i had so far. Now i can really start using MediaPortal!
    However, i now have another little problem: Every 3 seconds on livetv, there is a little.. "stutter", where it seems as if some frames are being dropped! Might be 2 or 3 frames, i cant really tell (i experience this problem at least with the MPV codec). Also, the audio streams sometimes seems to be slighty asynchrone to the video stream (perhaps 50 or 100 ms).
    I am using a DVB-S card (Technotrend S2-3200) on Vista x64.

Thanks for help in advance!

Wolf

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Timeline view of the programs is not correct for me. The Info and the green triangles do not corespond to the timeline on top.

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    2 bug-reports in this post:-

Using MP in Windowed (not fullscreen), I stopped the tvservice whilst it was playing on client, and started it again, exited My TV and re-entered it... sound started playing but the MP window totally froze.. the client area is ghosted with other windows, the title bar doesn't react to moveover, but also doesnt say "(Not Responding)" after a mouseclick. So I killed the MP process, and the MP crash helper appeared. I click the bottom button, and after a few secs it crashed:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot open log Application on machine .. Windows has not provided an error code. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The interface is unknown
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.OpenForRead(String currentMachineName)
    at System.Diagnostics.EventLog.GetEntryAtNoThrow(Int32 index)
    at System.Diagnostics.EventLogEntryCollection.EntriesEnumerator.MoveNext()
    at MediaPortal.Support.EventLogCsvLogger.CreateLogs(String destinationFolder)
    at MPTestTool.PostTestActions.PerformActions()
    at MPTestTool.MPTestTool.PerformPostTestActions()
    at MPTestTool.MPTestTool.postTestButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    MPTestTool2
    Assembly Version: 0.9.2.39277
    Win32 Version: 0.9.2.19158
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MPTestTool2.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Utils
    Assembly Version: 2.2.6.39227
    Win32 Version: 2.2.6.19158
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/Utils.DLL
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    MediaPortal.Support
    Assembly Version: 0.9.2.39224
    Win32 Version: 0.9.2.19158
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Team%20MediaPortal/MediaPortal/MediaPortal.Support.DLL

So I zipped the logs manually @ RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

I have 1 dvb-t tuner, was watching TV in MP, click My Radio, and clicked a station (dvb-t)... and MP froze up for about 7 seconds (during which i was pressing up/down/left/right a lot..), then caught up, then froze again indefinately (i waited 2 mins).

Logs @ RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting

Rudi99

Portal Pro
    October 3, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The Timeline view of the programs is not correct for me. The Info and the green triangles do not corespond to the timeline on top.
    Check, if timezone-Compensation (in xmltv-plugin) helps.

(and please tell us your system-specifications in profile...)

paradroid2

May 17, 2008
    Installed it -> DVD title menu navigation didn't work anymore
    reverted to previous svn -> DVD navigation works again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom