MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-23-2008 22-51h - Revision:19158 (1 Viewer)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Power scheduler is not working for me anymore.

I set "only allow standby between" to 0 - 24 o'clock, but power scheduler does not allow the system to go into standby. Last SVN worked well with the same settings.

i can confirm this. svn-05-09-2008--19-58-Rev19069 was the last working one.
now powersheduler isn t workking correctly!
manual sending mp into hibernation/standby issn t working anymore;/

regards

parkuhr

---------------------------------------------------
maybe this has something to do with the new powersehduler feature 0-24.
i duno. i check this asap i have the time.
-------------------------------------------------------

h0mebrew

Portal Member
October 22, 2007
Watching a DVD and MP eats all my cpu after a while. Didnt happen with the previous rev.

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
---------------------------------------------------
maybe this has something to do with the new powersehduler feature 0-24.
i duno. i check this asap i have the time.
-------------------------------------------------------

Just reading this thread might be faster than any check... :rolleyes:

well, i don t understund how to set it up!
i don t wana prevent tv-server from going into hibernation/standby.
i wana that i can send it manualy to hibernation/standby or after 15 minutes of idle.

thats all i want!!!
therefore i have this values in the fields: 0-24.
like i understund it, i can send it 24 hours to stundby/hibernation, like i wish that.
but its not working. so for me this new option is horrible;//
i can t use powersheduler anymore in the way i wana have it;(
i also can t understund, why this option is not optional! for those who need that!
why all others get forced to use that?
so for me, that is a little bit strange:)

greetings

parkuhr

update: with your powershedulerinterface.dll it seem to work. but i don t want to be lucky so early. you never know. ..therefore i have to make still some tests to be sure...

Liquidtouch

Portal Pro
February 25, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
1. Read post 9.
2. Follow the link.
3. Download the .ZIP file.
4. Unzip.
5. Replace the file with the same name in the Team Media Portal\TV Server Directory.
6. Thank the DEVs for giving away all there hard work and assistance for free.

Now it will work.

"update: with your powershedulerinterface.dll it seem to work. but i don t want to be lucky so early. you never know. ..therefore i have to make still some tests to be sure..."

Not only is Media Portal in BETA but your also using the latest SVNs. Bugs are not possibilities, they are too be expected. ON that note, its working great now keep up the good work and thanks for the fix RTV.

Now if only I could figure out how to get automatic standby to work....it used to work before ;p

coopers

Portal Pro
November 8, 2005
Adelaide
Home Country
This option is only for the automatic shutdown (idle time). Why would you want to prevent standby, if the user deliberately wants to send the machine into standby...?

Ah, so this is to tell the server to not shutdown the PC.

What if you don't have the client running? Does this setting still prevent shutdown?

Unauthorized

Portal Member
January 11, 2007
Not only is Media Portal in BETA but your also using the latest SVNs. Bugs are not possibilities, they are too be expected. ON that note, its working great now keep up the good work and thanks for the fix RTV.

I am really thankful for the hard work the devs do. Just the one thing you mentioned above I don't understand: MP v1 and TVServer v1 are said to be in a feature freeze for some time now, which is useful if you plan to release a release candidate and later the final version. You want to get rid of the bugs (no more beta atm). So how does it come that meanwhile we see plenty of new (useful) features and of cause (nobody is perfect) some new bugs?

P.S.: Again, I am thankful that I also saw some nasty bugs disappearing! :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So how does it come that meanwhile we see plenty of new (useful) features and of cause (nobody is perfect) some new bugs?

Any changes made are purely cosmetic, trying to make things less overwhelming for new users or a workaround found to a bugfix.

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007
    Yes, ideally. ;) There are changes that are not only cosmetic, but I agree, they shall make things less overwhelming for new users. And I'm happy about all the bugfixes and most of the new features I saw. The funny thing I mean is during "feature freeze" some bugs disappear (fixed), some new are introduced (new features, e.g. standby or mouse pointer). But I'm sure the MP team will manage to get rid of most issues until the final release! :)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. Read post 9.
    2. Follow the link.
    3. Download the .ZIP file.
    4. Unzip.
    5. Replace the file with the same name in the Team Media Portal\TV Server Directory.
    6. Thank the DEVs for giving away all there hard work and assistance for free.

Now it will work.

"update: with your powershedulerinterface.dll it seem to work. but i don t want to be lucky so early. you never know. ..therefore i have to make still some tests to be sure..."

Now if only I could figure out how to get automatic standby to work....it used to work before ;p

thx 4 the instructions. i have already done this, working out myself. becouse there were no guide.
    but now like i wrote above, it seems to work.
    i was a little bit confused first. the only thing i noticed, was that powersheduler wasn t working correctly.
    so, thx to all for the hints.

regards

parkuhr

update: to point 6:
    yes the devs might work hard, but do you think for the enduser this is a piece of cake?
    now we are at a level, that only the experienced enduser has a change to get mediaportal correct running.
    then suddenly there are changes. i see that something is not working anymore. then i have to spend much time in research to find the problem. then i read that there is a new feature in mediaportal, that caused that disfunction of powersheduler.
    then i see, that there are something like a fix. no instructions how to use it. so, i worked it out by msyself.
    you guys should also try to see it from the point of the user and not only from a devs point.
    sure, the devs work hard, but also the endusers do so!
    plse, think about it.

p.s. thanks rtv for the fix:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom