MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-23-2008 22-51h - Revision:19158 (2 Viewers)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes the devs might work hard, but do you think for the enduser this is a piece of cake?
    now we are at a level, that only the experienced enduser has a change to get mediaportal correct running.
    then suddenly there are changes. i see that something is not working anymore. then i have to spend much time in research to find the problem. then i read that there is a new feature in mediaportal, that caused that disfunction of powersheduler.

Hello Parkuhr,

I am a humble user like most of the people who are posting here. I use MediaPortal since two weeks now, hence I would not consider myself to be an experienced user, yet I have a version that satisfies many of my personal needs. Basically you have three choices:

1. Uninstall and forget about MP. This is an open source project and I consider it inappropriate to critizise people who invest their valuable time, for which they deserve certainly a great :D

2. Use onle stable versions. In your case the RC1 - don't install SVN's

3. Install the weekly SVN. In that case please understand that you are joining the MP beta tester community. SVN's are meant to test features and error corrections . By no means may the be considered as software patches or updates, something that you are implying in your comments.

Best regards,
    Johannes

P.S.: The PowerScheduler "disfunction" is not a bug, it's a feature.

Unauthorized

Portal Member
    January 11, 2007

According to the thread linked by rtv in post #9 the PowerSheduler had a bug because the weekly svn was build while only half of the changed code for the new feature was comitted, if that is what you were talking about.

Btw: I find it always hard to mention things that are not yet perfect without at least 2 people jumping out of the darkness and telling me that this software is open source and the devs are working hard and... I know this. I am not worthy and try to fall on my knees in every single post, but is feedback making this software worse?

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes the devs might work hard, but do you think for the enduser this is a piece of cake?
    now we are at a level, that only the experienced enduser has a change to get mediaportal correct running.
    then suddenly there are changes. i see that something is not working anymore. then i have to spend much time in research to find the problem. then i read that there is a new feature in mediaportal, that caused that disfunction of powersheduler.

Hello Parkuhr,

I am a humble user like most of the people who are posting here. I use MediaPortal since two weeks now, hence I would not consider myself to be an experienced user, yet I have a version that satisfies many of my personal needs. Basically you have three choices:

1. Uninstall and forget about MP. This is an open source project and I consider it inappropriate to critizise people who invest their valuable time, for which they deserve certainly a great :D

2. Use onle stable versions. In your case the RC1 - don't install SVN's

3. Install the weekly SVN. In that case please understand that you are joining the MP beta tester community. SVN's are meant to test features and error corrections . By no means may the be considered as software patches or updates, something that you are implying in your comments.

Best regards,
    Johannes

1. ah ok, its not allowed to post impressions here. becouse its an open source project. very interesting.

2. not possible becouse even the stable version is not very stable at least in my case with my hardware combination. maybe thats different from user to user. i duno.

3. if i use svn, its not allwoed to give feedback. i duno on wich planet you are living...
    -------------------------------------------
    english isn t my foreign langauge. i am honest, my english is really bad.
    but we can everytime discuse this in german. just write me a note.
    you are every time welcome!
    but so, this has no sense, becouse you have a advantage on this battlefield, becouse my bad english.
    ------------------------------------------

brings nothing to argue about this. i have my viewpoint and i have explained why.
    its your right to have your own viewpoint.
    i can only say, that i don t agree with you.
    nothing more to say about it.

greetings
    parkuhr

p.s: its really not easy to post here without getting attacked. i have the feeling i can t say free what i think and thats not ok.
    i respect the devs, their work and all the stuf they do.
    but i have the impression that for some people here, the comments and viewpoints from the enduser are not welcome.
    i hope that i am wrong with this sugestion.

Unauthorized: i agree, becouse i see what happend after i postet a comment about it.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Errr guys?

It's nice to have some general discussion but could you please use another thread?

These SVN build threads are intended for "direct" feedback to the build (e.g. "bugs x and y are now fully fixed, problem z however reappears").

Users like Parkuhr are failing to setup MP and help with testing because they post into these threads with inappropriate topics -> the thread contains lots of "unimportant" reading -> important infos aren't read anymore -> advance to go - do not collect 200$.

Please also keep in mind that team members who have helped to fix some parts will keep an eye on these threads and will be distracted from important stuff as well.

:D

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Errr guys?

It's nice to have some general discussion but could you please use another thread?

These SVN build threads are intended for "direct" feedback to the build (e.g. "bugs x and y are now fully fixed, problem z however reappears").

Users like Parkuhr are failing to setup MP and help with testing because they post into these threads with inappropriate topics -> the thread contains lots of "unimportant" reading -> important infos aren't read anymore -> advance to go - do not collect 200$.

Please also keep in mind that team members who have helped to fix some parts will keep an eye on these threads and will be distracted from important stuff as well.

:D

first, sorry, it was not my attention to argue or anything. it was just a reaction becouse the attacking against me.
    i only want my peace, beliefe me:)
    well i wasn t failed to setup mp. it was settet up correctly, but it wasn t working, becouse the new feature was buggy.
    first with you fix, it was working correctly for me.

but what ever...
    i like mp very much and i know that the devs make a great job.
    that was never the point.

nice evening
    parkuhr

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Recording bug

Hi,

I found one bug in the manual recording button "R" sometimes when you push it it works but almost all the time nothing happends. This happend in both of the newest svn.

Using skin BlueTwo

parkuhr

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hi there.
    the powersheduler bug seem to be solved with the fix vom rtv. but now it seem that i have another problem;(

if i watch a movie and turn then live-tv on, i get the error message; no free card ; and tv isn t working.

regards
    parkuhr
    p.s: If more info is needed, please let it me know.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Bug in (Analog) Radio

TV-Server Version: Latest SVN
    MediaPortal Version: Latest SVN
    MediaPortal Skin: Monochrome
    Windows Version: Windows XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: AMD Geode
    HDD: 500GB
    Memory: 1 GB
    Motherboard: Jetway ITX
    Video Card: Sparkle Nvidia 8500GT
    Video Card Driver: Latest
    Sound Card: On-Board
    Sound Card AC3:
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR500
    1. TV Card Type:
    1. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Intervideo WinDVD7
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Intervideo WinDVD7
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider:
    HTPC Case: Own build
    Cooling:
    Power Supply: 80Watts
    Remote: ATI Remote Wonder
    TV: Samsun
    TV - HTPC Connection: VGA

Hello,
    I have a problem when switching radio stations.
    Synopsys:
    1. select radio station A-> station A is playing
    2. select radio station B -> down-left corner shows name of B but keeps playing A

Seems like bug 1213 is back again, but when I wait several seconds I hear a 'glitch' and station B start playing

I have added logs of both client and server.
    If more info is needed, please contact me.

kind regards,
    Ruud.

SchrankatMP

Portal Member
    February 28, 2008
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Picture freeze

Hello,

tv picture is freezing after some hours. switching tv on an of solves the problem for some hours before it freezes again.

forwarding or backwarding buffered tv is also very slow.

any idea?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    tv picture is freezing after some hours. switching tv on an of solves the problem for some hours before it freezes again.

Do not use the recorded folder defaults for TVServer, make sure you have a TVrecordings folder and a seperate timeshifting folder (this can be inside the recorded TV folder).

See if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom