MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-31-2008 14-18h - Revision:19228.rar (1 Viewer)

rickyman

Portal Pro
February 5, 2008
i am just wondering have anyone fix the out of sync problem for audio and video for MyTV yet?

- TVE2 or TVE3?
- VMR9 or EVR?
- Audio codec(s) tested?
- Video codec(s) tested?

Unfortunately your post doesnt contain enough information that we could even try to reproduce the issue...

1. TVE3
2. VMR9
3. Audio codec- MPA
4. Video Codec- Mainconcept Mpeg2 decoder

i have intervideo video decoder, ffsdhow but i have not test it yet. Those setting is recent change. i have either
AC3filer or ffdshow audio decoder availble to test but no yet. i am also using Windows Xp +sp3 patches.

web4lackey

Portal Member
March 27, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Airstar HD5000 Question

I have been struggling with this card for a while. While it tunes just fine and works with DBViewer that comes with the card, I cannot get Media-portal to tune the card. I have noticed that something has hard-coded the IP address of the Airstar card to 192.168.238.238. I was assuming Media-Portal did this but I'm not sure. However, using this address in the DBViewer doesn't work. DBViewer is using the IP Address of 224.0.0.1 and works. My question is where does Media-Portal store the address it uses and how can I change it?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H Bios F4
    Video Card: onboard HD3200
    Video Card Driver: Catlayst 8.5
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink Power DVD 7.0 Delux

1. My system suffers from a repeatable crash when leaving My TV and pressing the stop button to close the small video window at the botoim left hand side of the screen. This crash results in a black screen which sometimes has a white cursor in the middle of the screen only. If I press the remote control buttons I can hear the button press feedabck sound (so some of MP is still working) but the screen remains black until I hit CTRL ALT DEL and end the progam.

2. When changing channels in my TV the after random periods of time I can cause a GPF. I have removed all encrypted channels and so all channels which appear in my channel lists should play fine. The time taken for the system to beak is random and not associated with any particular channel.

Maybe both are related to an hot topic which is discussed in many forums. Especially the german gigabyte forums has serveral users with exact the same problem:

Using catalyst 8.5 and PowerDVD together with DXVA on Win XP leads to crashes.
    Most Bluescreens will point to "watchdog.sys" or show "Bad_Pool_Caller".

If this is the case you've got the following options:
    - Disable hardware acceleration in PowerDVD & MP.
    - Use Catalyst 8.4 which shouldn't suffer from that.
    - Use Vista (I didn't meantion that) :p

Another "hang" might be cause by this Mainboard issue: After resuming from Standby sometimes the Network isn't initialized correctly. Using TV-Server this is a killer... Some people reported that it happens less often if you do not disable the Firewire Chip in the Bios.

Point 3 and 4: Which type of network connection do you use?

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. TVE3
    2. VMR9
    3. Audio codec- MPA

i have intervideo video decoder, ffsdhow but i have not test it yet. Those setting is recent change. i have either
    AC3filer or ffdshow audio decoder availble to test but no yet. i am also using Windows Xp +sp3 patches.

Start with ffdshow for audio as it is the least troublesome option currently.
    Maybe install the trial of PowerDVD (you might even have an OEM copy which came with an optical drive) to use the cyberlink codecs for Video (Version 7.3 + latest patch recommended).

If you're using an ATI gfx card you might want to install the "Avivo Codec Package" which is an optional download at the driver page. Using hardware acceleration these are almost equal with Cyberlink in terms of picture quality.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can nobody help with my issue?
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...vision-19228-rar-40479/index3.html#post271522

It seems everybody ignores me :-(

Regarding that post? (Your link doesn't work for people using different "posts per page" settings. Permalinks should be used)
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: Der Vorgang wurde erfolgreich beendet

This indicates e.g. a .NET problem which might be unrelated to MP at all. However without a proper bugreport including the corresponding log files noone can tell you more about this - I guess this is why noone does answer...

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Many thanks for your kind help.

I was not aware of the 8.5 catalyst / powerdvd issues. Presumably there will be an 8.6 rev soon :). I will try to get hold of a copy of the 8.4 drivers.

I have the firewire enabled in the bios and it appears in the windows device manager but it is not connected to any devices.

I do not use standby so resuming from this shouldn't be an issue.

Point 3 and 4: Which type of network connection do you use?

I have a direct network wire connection between my htpc and a linksys adsl modem router. The link is via the onboard Realtek 8168/8111 gigabyte ethernet NIC. I do not have any MP client machines connected elsewhere on my network and all of the databases, shares etc are on the local HTPC machine.

Kev

rickyman

Portal Pro
    February 5, 2008
    1. TVE3
    2. VMR9
    3. Audio codec- MPA

Start with ffdshow for audio as it is the least troublesome option currently.
    Maybe install the trial of PowerDVD (you might even have an OEM copy which came with an optical drive) to use the cyberlink codecs for Video (Version 7.3 + latest patch recommended).

If you're using an ATI gfx card you might want to install the "Avivo Codec Package" which is an optional download at the driver page. Using hardware acceleration these are almost equal with Cyberlink in terms of picture quality.

i am using ati 3450 video card installed. do you know what is the link for the codec package is?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

i am using ati 3450 video card installed. do you know what is the link for the codec package is?

ATI AVIVO CODEC: Drivers & Software

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom