MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-05-31-2008 14-18h - Revision:19228.rar (1 Viewer)

kvt

June 5, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Dear all,

I'm using MediaPortal since a long time. I have a Hauppauge HVR-4000 card. I have a problem that appear and desappear along the time; The problem is that the Diseqc command or the HI/LO switch of the LNB is not working. Finally I found the reason of it: The buffer that contains the command to the Hauppauge driver is not initialized.

I don't know the API of Hauppauge driver, but depending of it two correction are possible in the file:

TVEngine3\TvLibrary\TVLibrary\Implementations\DVB\ConditionalAccess\HaupPauge\Hauppauge.cs

1/ Initialize the full buffer to 0x0 after allocating it
2/ Change the 'WriteByte' to 'WriteInt32' for the parameters with offset 172 to 184.

Thanks for the correction.
Kvt

jonaskp

Portal Pro
October 23, 2006
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have one problem with this SVN (can't remember if it was present in earlier versions):
I found a website from which I can download an XMLTV list of the EPG data for all my channels (ontv.dk so only works for danish users).
I have a link which I then add to the "Remote" tab of the XMLTV plugin. I can then download the file fine, and map it to my channels.

The problem is, when I use automated download and set a time, e.g. 07:00:00, sometimes when I enter the configuration this changes to the current time.
I am not able to reproduce it right now to add logs, but when it happens it just keeps happening until i uncheck the "automated download"-box and leave it for a while, and then enable it a day later or so.

This is not the biggest problem in the world, but I would really like this to work, since this way of getting EPG data is excellent.

Snoopy08

Portal Pro
January 30, 2008
Home Country
Australia Australia
HI All

I have a issue that i cannot get rid of. I have tried all RC1 and SVN but still cannot solve this..

I have tried all RC1 SVN versions and get the same..

THe issue is mainly with my TwinHan 1034 DVB-s card. I can scan all channels OK but have this first issue that
it dont lock channel and gives the timeshifting / chanel scrambled panel. Sometimes i can do this and when selecting a second chanel it will work.
After a while usually 1 hr or 2 the video will stop on a frame and there will be now audio.
If i try to select anather channel it wont happen . The only way to start with it is to reboot system.

I have tried to use the latest version driver from Twinhan site but with this the card gets killed on failure
and a power off is required..

I cannot seam to find a way to sort this out at least to make it a little usable..

I will attempt to try the latest SVN again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Logs attached.

Hello Snoopy,

can you please post more details (Driver Version!!!, Codec, Is it a single seat or multi seat setup)

I also use the Mantis 1034, I know that the install causes problems (Just search the forum), but with this SVN I have no such problems.

Hello weissollo

Whith the isssue of channels on the sat just stopping to frozen screen.

I am using 1034 driver version 1.0.4.0 but have tried the latest and system has bigger problem like the card dont start at all sometimes.
I am currently Using Cyberlink 8 Codec but can tell you that i have the same issue on the standard mpv , cyberlink 7and Nvidia Purevideo codec.

I am current only using MP as a single seat system.

In the tests today i can say that it appears to be maybe someting to do with how the encrypted channels are handled only because when it stops i got and hit stop button and attempt to try another channel but cannot
as it says channel scrambled. But if i select any channel that is not scrambled from the same sat it will play them.
Otherwise i have to reboot everytime to get back to playing a scrambled channel.

I have attached new logs from a test run which lasted a couple of hours which is unusuall.

Any ideas help appreciated.

binary64

Portal Pro
July 30, 2006
This revision still has the oldest bug : 0000950: Interference to DVB-T signal causes MP to stutter and then hang - MediaPortal Bugtracker

If anyone knows of a revision where that bug doesn't exist, I'd love to know which one. I've been beta testing tve3 for about 6 months now and have always had this problem. All I know is that it's seperate to my wi-fi bug with tve3. I have 100% signal quality. Basically, with all revisions I've ever tried this happens: when I watch a channel, every 1-5 mins i get a blip that takes 1-10 seconds to resync perfectly. Then every 1-120 mins (average 60mins) the channel just freezes forever - no sound. The DirectShow graph remains in the Running state, and nothing gets sent to the drain. The Position keeps ticking up like everything is normal. This sounds like 2 seperate bugs to me. I cannot be sure it was a dvb-t reception error yet, but afaik "way more than 98%" of people with dvb-t will NOT get 100% correct signal 100% of the time on 100% of muxes.. plus the fact MCE/etc dont have these problems, I would have to assert this is a tve3 bug for sure.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    This revision still has the oldest bug : 0000950: Interference to DVB-T signal causes MP to stutter and then hang - MediaPortal Bugtracker

If anyone knows of a revision where that bug doesn't exist, I'd love to know which one. I've been beta testing tve3 for about 6 months now and have always had this problem. All I know is that it's seperate to my wi-fi bug with tve3. I have 100% signal quality. Basically, with all revisions I've ever tried this happens: when I watch a channel, every 1-5 mins i get a blip that takes 1-10 seconds to resync perfectly. Then every 1-120 mins (average 60mins) the channel just freezes forever - no sound. The DirectShow graph remains in the Running state, and nothing gets sent to the drain. The Position keeps ticking up like everything is normal. This sounds like 2 seperate bugs to me. I cannot be sure it was a dvb-t reception error yet, but afaik "way more than 98%" of people with dvb-t will NOT get 100% correct signal 100% of the time on 100% of muxes.. plus the fact MCE/etc dont have these problems, I would have to assert this is a tve3 bug for sure.

Actually if you look more closely the bug report its reported agains the internal TV engine, not TVE3. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this issue with TVE3 (tried to unplug & plug antenna cable with random intervals).

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Memory leak?

Hi,

noticed yesterday that my TV server which is on for 24/7 had a memory usage of appr. 159MB. This after resetting the server 3 days earlier
    Normally the TV server hovers around the 35MB when idle.
    Yesterday I restarted the TV Service and the usage was again around the 35MB.... when I just had a look (appr. 24 hours on with minimal (analog) radio functionality for 1 client) it is up again to 122MB.

Anyone else see this behaviour? I am sure that with the previous SVN I didn't see this kind of memory usage growth.

I will regularly update the total amount of memory in use for as long as possible (until reset or new svn version)

If any information is needed please do not hesitate to contact me.

kind regards,
    Ruud.

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    i am just wondering have anyone fix the out of sync problem for audio and video for MyTV yet?

I use ffdshow audio processor as a tv post processing and have put in a delay of 90ms for the audio channels in ffdshow settings. This gives me a perfect lip-sync ;)

binary64

Portal Pro
    July 30, 2006
    Ok that's not a relevant ticket, but the problem remains. Perhaps time for a tve3 version of that ticket? BTW i now don't beleive dvbt loss was the cause.. because same problem using an analog svideo source according to walts81. This problem confirmed in MP and graphedit. Tried file mode and rtsp mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom