MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-13-2008 23-32h - Revision:19376.rar (1 Viewer)

parkuhr

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
@tester2k7 & hirscho

yes, i have epg-idle-grabber enabled.
i turn it off now, and see what happen.
thx a lot for you hint.

regards
parkuhr

drewsno

Portal Member
October 10, 2007
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I am also getting the "operating system is not supported" message immediately on launching the TV Server or MediaPortal installation programs. I have Win xp home SP3 32bit, as shown in the screen shot.

Attachments

• MP error.png
    MP error.png
    124.3 KB

fillerguy

Portal Pro
September 12, 2007
Milton, ontario
Home Country
Canada Canada
Is it true that non-supported OS's have been locked out from this SVN? If so that would be a real shame, I was fine with the big message box telling me it's not supported. I've been running the TV Server on Windows Server 2003K for a long time now without issues, and it would be a huge upheaval (if not impossible considering some of the other server functionality I'm using) to go back to XP Pro.

I agree with this. A warning is fine, but to completely block installation is wrong. I also use win server 2003 with no issue.

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the main problem is that people with unsopported OS are reporting bugs and then somebody is trying to find the bug but there is no bug because it is caused by the OS.

jallahman

Portal Member
    September 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I have been having problems with stuttering HD-channels for a long time, and it seems pvkleeff has found the reason for this here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/watch-edit-videos-104/problem-hd-channels-live-recordings-41173/

Just poking around in the sourcecode, I found that H.264-video is hardcoded to 720x576 in DirectShowFilters/TsReader/source/mediaformats.h

Since I have no problems playing the HD-recordings in Windows Media Player or watching live HDTV in FireDTV, and the graphs look exactly the same (except input resolution), I guess this must be the problem.

I have no other serious problems with MediaPortal, but this bug annoys me since I can't watch EURO 2008 in HD :)

fillerguy

Portal Pro
    September 12, 2007
    Milton, ontario
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I think the main problem is that people with unsopported OS are reporting bugs and then somebody is trying to find the bug but there is no bug because it is caused by the OS.

So for the sake of a few people who don't know what they are doing, all the people who do know what they are doing go without? If its really a big deal, add a commandline switch to the setup, something like -bypassOScheck

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I am also getting the "operating system is not supported" message immediately on launching the TV Server or MediaPortal installation programs. I have Win xp home SP3 32bit, as shown in the screen shot.

Sorry to say but you have not SP3, you have SP3 RC2 ( look at your screenshot with v3311, SP3 should have nothing there )

This is why you are locked out by the new installer...

Simone

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

Sorry to say but you have not SP3, you have SP3 RC2 ( look at your screenshot with v3311, SP3 should have nothing there )

This is why you are locked out by the new installer...

Simone

Hi Simone

I checked and have got the same SP3 Version2, will this be supported or should I find SP3 Version 1 and install it?

Neil

Attachments

• winver_cmd.JPG
      winver_cmd.JPG
      35.7 KB

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Simone

I checked and have got the same SP3 Version2, will this be supported or should I find SP3 Version 1 and install it?

Neil

M$ usually do RC0->RC1->RC2->RC3->FINAL.

Everything other then final is a beta, so no it won't be supported.
    You need to download from M$ the final build of XP SP3.

Simone

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    So has this SVN been locked out fully? I didn't get an answer to whether I should spend my time trying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom