MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-13-2008 23-32h - Revision:19376.rar (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have tried installing the latest SVN but also get the message "Your O/S is not supported"

I am running Win Xp 32 bit Sp3. Is there an issue with SP3, All worked fine with the mediaportal-svn-05-31-2008--14-18-Rev19228.

What could be the issue?

The message is coming from installation or from configuration or from MP itself ?

Please make a screenshoot if the message and attach it here.

Simone

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Is it true that non-supported OS's have been locked out from this SVN? If so that would be a real shame, I was fine with the big message box telling me it's not supported. I've been running the TV Server on Windows Server 2003K for a long time now without issues, and it would be a huge upheaval (if not impossible considering some of the other server functionality I'm using) to go back to XP Pro.

Please read GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation, all details are there.

Simone

neilk

Portal Pro
    June 22, 2007
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Os Not supported

Quote:
    I have tried installing the latest SVN but also get the message "Your O/S is not supported"

I am running Win Xp 32 bit Sp3. Is there an issue with SP3, All worked fine with the mediaportal-svn-05-31-2008--14-18-Rev19228.

What could be the issue?
    The message is coming from installation or from configuration or from MP itself ?

Please make a screenshoot if the message and attach it here.

Simone

Hi Simone, it happens immediately after double clicking the installation file, I will attach a screenshot tonight.

Regards

Neil

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    after some hours of watching movies( not on tv!), live-tv wasn t working.
    first after restarting tv-server, live-tv was working again.
    logs attached.

regards
    parkuhr

Parkuhr did you enable the idle EPG grabber? If yes, turn it off and use EPG grabbing while timeshifting.

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Simone, it happens immediately after double clicking the installation file, I will attach a screenshot tonight.

Regards

Neil

Please do also a screenshoot of the window winver.exe open and one coming from cmd.exe->ver

Simone

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    after some hours of watching movies( not on tv!), live-tv wasn t working.
    first after restarting tv-server, live-tv was working again.
    logs attached.

regards
    parkuhr

Parkuhr did you enable the idle EPG grabber? If yes, turn it off and use EPG grabbing while timeshifting.

Same issue here with EPG idle grabber activated. TVServer is 100% stable without EPG idle grabber. It's hard to reproduce why and when TVServer becomes unresponsive. Sometimes it happens after a while of watching a recording, sometimes it hangs after resumiung from standby. I was never able to find anything strange in the log, but will post it as soon as I can reproduce the problem.

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Have now done a total reinstall of MP. Must have had bad database corruption - presumably due to multiple crashes previously.

This cured the vast majority of my ills.

Export Channels now works fine and file is created and saved in less than 5secs. Radio playback is much improved. Not perfect but nearly so.

There is quite a delay when entering radio channels screen (say 10secs) but then it works well.

When changing radio channels the sound mutes, the old channel plays for around 1second and then the new channel plays.

If the sound could be muted when a new channel is selected and unmuted after a 2 sec (or so) delay then this function would be perfect.

Best SVN yet.

Kev

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    use MySQL instead of MSSQL and edit the my.ini of MySQL and add the following line after [mysqld]:

myisam_recover=BACKUP,FORCE

and change
    query_cache_size = 0
    to
    query_cache_size = 16M

so now you have :
    1. automatic Database Repair
    2. a query cache of 16M in memory

mwh

Portal Member
    June 16, 2008
    Is it true that non-supported OS's have been locked out from this SVN? If so that would be a real shame, I was fine with the big message box telling me it's not supported. I've been running the TV Server on Windows Server 2003K for a long time now without issues, and it would be a huge upheaval (if not impossible considering some of the other server functionality I'm using) to go back to XP Pro.

Please read GeneralRequirements - MediaPortal Wiki Documentation, all details are there.

Simone

Then why does RC1 install on 64bit XP Pro?

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Question,

I cant watch HD channels with RC1's, "Unable to create graph" is the error.

Server log says:
    subch:0 SetTimeShiftFileName no pmt received. Timeshifting failed

Common issue or someone know exactly what the problem might be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom