MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-13-2008 23-32h - Revision:19376.rar (2 Viewers)

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Can you explain this weird behaviour.

I've this filtergraph for watching tv with tvserver/client module.

the filtergraph are fully hw decoding oriented. I'm under Vista and I'm using an Ati 3850 with last Catalyst.
obviously I use evr. obviously last svn mp and tvserver/client both.

Watching and SD channel the image level seems wrong switched to video levels 16-235.

I choose a 4:3 letterboxed broadcast for simply the check. The upper and lower letterbox band are grayed
(level 16).

I record during this test so I pick the image with MPC-Home Cinema from ts file recorded. same filtergraph.

this image seems right.

Note the same TS file re-played with Media Portal so with "my movies" is also correct.

is it possible tvclient use evr in a different way than "my movies"

To force video level expansion for SD you have to add the "UseBT601CSC"="1" registry key for the Catalyst display driver. Are you using the ATI DVI -> HDMI dongle?

Regards,
grubi.

xvffx

Portal Pro
August 15, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I clean install of Vista Business with "SP1"

nothing configured.. only added MPA/MPV with line21 2 post in DVD

tested DVD only

screen goes black, hear audio
can't exit out (dvd menu is running ) so I blindly enter key (for menu to play movie)
stop video.
go back in.. movies is playing in windowed "active window screen" background is black

enable evr, try movie with line21 2, MP is black, force quit
disable post processing,
movie is able to play (unable to control DVD menu tho) subtittle can be displayed but text is not as clear as it should be.

normally I install ffdshow codec first before installing a clean MP.. but Im trying to troubleshoot at the core. 1 step at time.

never had this much problem at the start, my guess cuz Im using vista business.. there really no codec installed and even with mp's mpv/mpa codec, we really need a real codec.

going to do a clean install and install the FFDshow 1st then MP and see if we get the same results. ( or someone beat me to it)

btw grubi, about that gray bar.. I've had this many months ago, and I beleive it cuz when setting up my HTPC with a computer monitor when I got this, but not with my TV set or I had something in the post processing ( Im using a asus gforce, nor ATI )

Vff

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe I've broken MP again and need to reinstall everything, rewire house etc. Anyone else confirm these issues?
    Kev
    Everything works for me after I did a complete reinstall. Give it a try.

Regards, Johannes

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    define "complete reinstall", please

Johnnes,
    When you say "complete reinstall", does that mean you first uninstalled both TV server and client, or just TV server?
    What did you do to retain (or restore) your configuration information?
    TIA

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Can you explain this weird behaviour.

I've this filtergraph for watching tv with tvserver/client module.

the filtergraph are fully hw decoding oriented. I'm under Vista and I'm using an Ati 3850 with last Catalyst.
    obviously I use evr. obviously last svn mp and tvserver/client both.

Watching and SD channel the image level seems wrong switched to video levels 16-235.
    To force video level expansion for SD you have to add the "UseBT601CSC"="1" registry key for the Catalyst display driver. Are you using the ATI DVI -> HDMI dongle?

Regards,
    grubi.

Yes I've an Ati 3850 and the last Catalyst don't have this old and knowed issue.
    yes UseBT601CSC"="1" is present. The question is why in Media Player Classic Home Cinema the same TS file recorded with same filtrgraph dxva oriented work and expand to 0-255 (the image is much better with darkest black) and instead Media Portal do not expand to pc level? The difference between two cases is the renderer. with MPC-HC evr custom the image is ok 0-255, with evr vista no custom the image with MPC-HC have video level not correct 16-255 . also in Media Portal with its custom evr.
    yes I'use dvi-hdmi dongle on second monitor a plasma panasonic 37pv60 but the issue is also present on the lcd monitor connected in vga. with 1080i/h.264 the image is ok. pc level.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Johnnes,
    When you say "complete reinstall", does that mean you first uninstalled both TV server and client, or just TV server?
    What did you do to retain (or restore) your configuration information?
    TIA
    rsbrux,

The main information is stored in the SQL database, which is preserved. Export you TV and radio channel information (otherwise you could lose your groups) within the TV Server configuration, however, software configuration (e.g. recording path, language, etc.) will be lost. Then procede to a new install:
    • Stop MP and TV Service. Rename your main TV Media Portal directories in the program and All User path.
    • Run RC1 install file - accept all "uninstall" options. MP and TV Server will be deleted and a fresh version will be installed.
    • Install latest SVN for both TV Server and MP
    • Install DVB fix - necessary only if respective files in your System32 directory are not already updated.
    • Copy additional plugins and channel logos from the backup directories that you created in the first step into the appropriate paths.
    • Run TV Server config. Check whether your groups are still there. Otherwise delete all visible channels and import the information that you've saved before. Most likely you will also need to do a SAT channel scan before timeshifting/TV is OK. Check/adjust all other options, then stop and restart TV Server for changes to take effect.
    • Run MP configuration to configure plugins etc.
    • Delete the renamed directories
    There may be more straightforward ways but this way things worked out for me.

Regards, Johannes

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Freezing of picture

I get freezing of the picture every couple of days, and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer and then the error vanishes for a couple of days.

It has been this way the last two / three SVNs at least. Weather this is my codecs or mediaportal I am not sure., therefor I post my logs hoping for input.

I use Vista, EVR, ffdshow mpeg codec, dscaler audio codec. Have tried deleting timeshift buffer and restarting the tvservice / mediaportal, but only reboot helps.

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I get freezing of the picture every couple of days, and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer and then the error vanishes for a couple of days.

It has been this way the last two / three SVNs at least. Weather this is my codecs or mediaportal I am not sure., therefor I post my logs hoping for input.

I use Vista, EVR, ffdshow mpeg codec, dscaler audio codec. Have tried deleting timeshift buffer and restarting the tvservice / mediaportal, but only reboot helps.

Do you get any error message? What about logs?

I noticed you have 2GB RAMDisk for buffer files, try timeshifting to hard drive and see if that helps. I think TVServer still has the problem that timeshifting files are not always deleted which eventually fills up the disk space.

I had similar problems when using 1GB RAMDisk for buffer files, after a while it was filled up even buffer files settings should have prevented that. I got "No audio/video detected" error message.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

just installed the newest version and I've still got an error Message with Analog TV. It won't work!? Or will this be fixed in the next release and I just missed that or something else?

Furthermore I recognized a problem with tv post processing. I'm using Core AVC for H.264 HD channels and ffdshow for usual mpg. Now when I activate the ffdshow video post processing I can watch all S2 non HD channels without problems, but when I tune to a HD channel I get a blank screen and no sound. Timeshifting seems to be working. When I deactivate the ffdshow filter, HD channels work fine again (audio and video)?

All known bugs around analog TV are fixed, so should be working (but you don't have logs & system specs so not easy to tell whats wrong ;) )

Regads
    Roy

Hi,
    I just tried the Rev19228 and analog tv is working with this one. Changing back to latest one analog tv doesn't work anymore. I even suppose that I should totally reinstall the tvServer, but the last time i did that I was able to import old channels and Groups but all radiostations and Radio-Groups were gone and I had a week of extra work ;) Furthermore the channels were totally messed up. So I'll think about that procedure again and if I come to the conclusion of really reinstalling the tvServer again and analog tv won't work after that... I'll try to post some logs.

But :D so far :)

Ok, nothing helped to reactivate analog tv, so I did a clean reinstallation of tvServer rebooted and tried to scan dvb-s... scan. That worked so I tried an analog channel scan. The scan started and it found nothing :confused: Tried again and again, but... nothing. The scan just starts and runs very fast to the end and nothing is found.

The next I tried to scan analog radio, but there I got the message that my tv card isn't able to receive analog radio:confused: But trust me, it can and it did (Hauppauge HVR4000) :mad: Then I tried to import my old exported channels. Everything fine :) but... the radio channel groups were not imported :confused: Nevertheless the tvGroupes have been imported and my analog tv settings too so tried to tune an imported analog channel an... it worked!?

So I'm confuesd :confused: Scan doesn't work but imported channels can be tuned!

I've attached my logs of the scanning procedure that I did... or better tried ;)

Maybe someone of the Devs could take a look :D
    & Regards

Edit :oops: the logs:
    zSHARE - logs_analog_scan_error.rar

Edit: Imported analog channels say that they are not mapped to any card, but they are... so the doesn't work anymore :(

corvy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2007
    Rykkinn, Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

Do you get any error message? What about logs?

I noticed you have 2GB RAMDisk for buffer files, try timeshifting to hard drive and see if that helps. I think TVServer still has the problem that timeshifting files are not always deleted which eventually fills up the disk space.

I had similar problems when using 1GB RAMDisk for buffer files, after a while it was filled up even buffer files settings should have prevented that. I got "No audio/video detected" error message.

Thanks for replying ;)

Yes I have the timeshift on the local disk now for testing, and it is the same. No error messages at all, just picture freeze. I can change channel, 4-5-6 seconds and suddenly freeze again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom