MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-13-2008 23-32h - Revision:19376.rar (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    ARE2, think it's time to tell us what system etc you have, from earlier log there was a filter missing & solution it's not the same in all cases....
    Btw if you have XP system is it fully up to date, which means all windows update including WMP 11?

Regards
    Roy

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,

Sorry I'm quiet new to all this stuff :D and of course here my System specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 62X2 DualCore 4400+
    System: WinXP Pro SP2 with all available updates
    Ram: 2GB
    Video: gForce 7050 with latest driver available
    Sat-Card: HVR4000 with latest drivers v4.4
    HDD: 500GB/ Free 200GB

Furthermore I can remember that I've installed winDVR using MP for the first time to get analog channels,. Since then everything was fine till now. And when I look now into the settings of MP there is still the menuEntry: "Encoder Filters" and "InterVideo Encoder Filters" where I can find some settings concerning analog tv. Maybe it has something to do with that Encoder? Besides When I try to "Check" my analog settings under: "Quality Control" in the tvServer config nothing happens? All this started with the previous SVN release 19311 in 19288 analog channels and scanning of them was fine.

:D for replying & Regards

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you explain this weird behaviour.

I've this filtergraph for watching tv with tvserver/client module.

the filtergraph are fully hw decoding oriented. I'm under Vista and I'm using an Ati 3850 with last Catalyst.
    obviously I use evr. obviously last svn mp and tvserver/client both.

Watching and SD channel the image level seems wrong switched to video levels 16-235.
    To force video level expansion for SD you have to add the "UseBT601CSC"="1" registry key for the Catalyst display driver. Are you using the ATI DVI -> HDMI dongle?

Regards,
    grubi.

Yes I've an Ati 3850 and the last Catalyst don't have this old and knowed issue.
    yes UseBT601CSC"="1" is present. The question is why in Media Player Classic Home Cinema the same TS file recorded with same filtrgraph dxva oriented work and expand to 0-255 (the image is much better with darkest black) and instead Media Portal do not expand to pc level? The difference between two cases is the renderer. with MPC-HC evr custom the image is ok 0-255, with evr vista no custom the image with MPC-HC have video level not correct 16-255 . also in Media Portal with its custom evr.
    yes I'use dvi-hdmi dongle on second monitor a plasma panasonic 37pv60 but the issue is also present on the lcd monitor connected in vga. with 1080i/h.264 the image is ok. pc level.

Sorry to say but this is an old issue but still valid. If you are current you are using Catalsyt 8.5 and this one is also affected by not doing video level expansion on SD material whereas it happens on HD content. So regardless what you are doing without this switch you will never be able to calibrate your device for both HD and SD content at the same time. If you are interrested I suggest reading this thread at AVS-Forum but you are warned it has approx. 5500 posts.

grubi.

misterd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 4, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Sorry I'm quiet new to all this stuff :D and of course here my System specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon 62X2 DualCore 4400+
    System: WinXP Pro SP2 with all available updates
    Ram: 2GB
    Video: gForce 7050 with latest driver available
    Sat-Card: HVR4000 with latest drivers v4.4
    HDD: 500GB/ Free 200GB

Furthermore I can remember that I've installed winDVR using MP for the first time to get analog channels,. Since then everything was fine till now. And when I look now into the settings of MP there is still the menuEntry: "Encoder Filters" and "InterVideo Encoder Filters" where I can find some settings concerning analog tv. Maybe it has something to do with that Encoder? Besides When I try to "Check" my analog settings under: "Quality Control" in the tvServer config nothing happens? All this started with the previous SVN release 19311 in 19288 analog channels and scanning of them was fine.

:D for replying & Regards

Hi,
    I looked at your logs and it seems that the installed encoders (InterVideo and CyberLink) aren't working with the HVR-4400. AFAIK you have to install the Hauppauge encoders which are available on the CD.

The "Check" button in SetupTv only checks if the used encoder support Quality Control. Since the server isn't able to find the right encoder, the check button can't find any result for this.

MisterD

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just wanted to confirm that the problem with My Recordings using Movie Decoders still exists in build 19376. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...change-ts-detects-if-open-myrecordings-39372/

My next problem is with the TV Channels/Combinations window in TV Server. When combining digital and analog channels the name is listed using name instead if displayName. This makes it impossible to know which channel to combine, even if it is renamed. See screenshot.

Also there's a problem with renaming channels in TV Server's TV Channels tab. When clicking a selected channel a rename field appears. It's possible to rename the channel here and when hitting return it looks like it's renamed but it is not. The next time the TV Channels tab is activated the channel is back to its original name. To successfully rename a channel I have to select the channel, click Edit and rename it in the popup.

Sorry there's no log entries when this happens..

Attachments

• combinations.png
      combinations.png
      78.1 KB

Wolffi8

Portal Member
    May 16, 2008
    Hi again,

i have just encountered another issue: After a while of viewing the same channel it suddenly started to stutter. By that i mean one frame every 2 or 3 seconds was displayed! Only a shutdown of mediaportal and instant restart solved the problem. So it couldn't be a problem within the systems configuration. OS is Vista x64 with Catalyst 8.5.
    Thanks for help!

Wolf

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    yes I'use dvi-hdmi dongle on second monitor a plasma panasonic 37pv60 but the issue is also present on the lcd monitor connected in vga. with 1080i/h.264 the image is ok. pc level.

Sorry to say but this is an old issue but still valid. If you are current you are using Catalsyt 8.5 and this one is also affected by not doing video level expansion on SD material whereas it happens on HD content. So regardless what you are doing without this switch you will never be able to calibrate your device for both HD and SD content at the same time. If you are interrested I suggest reading this thread at AVS-Forum but you are warned it has approx. 5500 posts.

grubi.[/QUOTE]

Already solved , my mystake :D

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/275569-post41.html

darklord

Portal Pro
    September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    BUG! x2 to bad

Hi,

I now have uninstalled the older svn and installed mp and the newest svn from scratch.
    Its bad to say that 2 big problems is still there and its coming back?

1. When you push R on the keyboard for recording nothing happend and some times it does. I have reported about this before.

2. When you play your TV-Recordings you get no sound, and thats because of sound settings from My video and not from my TV, this is another thing that has been fixed and now are back?

For me MP rocks ! But i wait for every friday to come and see if this is solved so my Family can you this everyday.
    Keep it up !

And thanks for the best Media Center ! :)

god_md5

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Hong Kong Hong Kong
    1. When you push R on the keyboard for recording nothing happend and some times it does. I have reported about this before.
    are you try to push "caps lock"?

KevL

Portal Pro
    March 3, 2005
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In the hope of doing a complete cleanup and reinstall I tried to save my channel setups by using the export funtion. I pressed said button and a dialog came up indicating that this might take some time. Indeed it did. So I gave up and left it going all night. Inspected progress after around 12hours and it still hadn't completed.

Is this function working for anyone else?

I think I need to summon a bus load of priests to perform exorcism on hard disk. All is decidedly unwell and radio still doesnt work. Clearly holy water is required. Buckets full.

Still I'm quite looking forward to sorting out all the channels my motorised dish can see. How long can that take......

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom