MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-22-2008 17-10h - Revision:19453.rar (1 Viewer)

marco2357

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Yeah, no more flickering (0001192: Flickering Tv-guide and other overlays with EVR enabled - MediaPortal Bugtracker) :)

One problem I noticed: WebEPG does not work anymore. Calling "WebEPG.exe" after configuring the channels simply does nothing (no "TVguide-writing.xml" appears). I had to
- replace "WebEPG.exe" and "WebEPG-conf.exe" (both are required)
- reconfigure the channels (the ones configured before were gone)
then TVguilde.xml appeared again and EPG works...

By "replacing WebEPG.exe and WebEPG-conf.exe" I of course mean to take the ones from version 1.0.0.0 RC1.

Another problem I have with this build is that "my music" and "my videos" don't work properly. It seems that the player is no longer embedded in MediaPortal, but standalone without border. When opening a video, black flickering (fullscreen except a little border on the top and bottom) appears. There is no video, only sound. ESC does nothing. About the same in "My Videos". "My TV" works...
Is there an easy fix for this?

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
December 6, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Almost perfect! Great work to all!
Pretty much everything seems to work fine, except HD channels still aren't fluent..
Every so many frames (pretty much a steady timespan) there is a series of frames that stutter..

i have the same issue.
Once every couple of minutes.

dbit

Portal Member
March 23, 2007
Melbourne
Home Country
I just installed this svn tonight, now "DirectShow Filter Control" is missing from my MediaPortal Configuration settings.

ausfester

June 16, 2008
Home Country
Hey guys,

Long time listener first time writer.
In This build and the Last build of the svn client i havnt been able to disable the Radio Plugin.
Tried and Tried again, different machines, last two builds, same problem exists.

Anyways im sure its a simple one to fix.

:D, Fantastic work

ob1

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Home Country
In this SVN, there is an issue with recorded TV. When i watch a live broadcast, i get a good picture with no artifacts and Dolby sound (either 2 or 5 channel depending on the show). If i record the show, when i watch it back, i get terrible interlacing atrifacts and only stereo sound. I'm pretty sure it's not a codec selection issue, because the recorded TS files play with the same issues in VLC. Files recorded with MP 1.0 vanilla dont have this issue. I'm using MPV codec for MPEG2 video, MPA codec for audio and ffdshow for h264.

Is this a known issue with the TS writer?

logs atached.

jmbillings

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 9, 2008
    Ely
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Pretty much everything seems to work fine, except HD channels still aren't fluent..
    Every so many frames (pretty much a steady timespan) there is a series of frames that stutter..

i have the same issue.

Stuttering every couple of minutes sounds similar to the problem I had with Music and Video - I made a post on it here. It may well be unrelated - but try disabling all network cards as a starter to see if it helps or not!

James.

mrstef

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    If anyone has scanning problems for DVB-T

Then check out the following thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-having-trouble-dvb-scannig-41252/#post277441

Report your findings in that thread! :D

Also:

Great build, but I've got an issue:

When playing an MKV with built-in subtitles, the separate .srt file subtitle is ignored in MediaPortal. Anyone else having this issue? The .srt subtitles do work when there is no srt track in the mkv file.

I use ffdshow as decoder for audio, video & subs.

Thanks.

I had the same issue (using Nvidia video codec and AC3Filter audio codec)! I solved it the following way:

Make sure you run VSFilter 2.38 (previously called DirectVobSub). I had version 2.23 and I couldn't get that to work. So uninstall any older DirectVobSub release, download 2.38 and register the DLL with regsvr32. Then launch MP configurator and in the movie settings (advanced mode) add DirectVobSub as a post processing filter.

That solved it for me! :)

Best Regards

doornjoostje

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

i have the same issue.

Stuttering every couple of minutes sounds similar to the problem I had with Music and Video - I made a post on it here. It may well be unrelated - but try disabling all network cards as a starter to see if it helps or not!

James.

Hello James,

:D for your reply! :)

I have no WLAN on my HTPC at the moment (even most of the times not connected to the internet).
    I only have this issue with h.264 content, so I assume I've got a different problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom