MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-22-2008 17-10h - Revision:19453.rar (2 Viewers)

Roeben

Portal Member
March 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Great build, but I've got an issue:

When playing an MKV with built-in subtitles, the separate .srt file subtitle is ignored in MediaPortal. Anyone else having this issue? The .srt subtitles do work when there is no srt track in the mkv file.

I use ffdshow as decoder for audio, video & subs.

Thanks.

I had the same issue (using Nvidia video codec and AC3Filter audio codec)! I solved it the following way:

Make sure you run VSFilter 2.38 (previously called DirectVobSub). I had version 2.23 and I couldn't get that to work. So uninstall any older DirectVobSub release, download 2.38 and register the DLL with regsvr32. Then launch MP configurator and in the movie settings (advanced mode) add DirectVobSub as a post processing filter.

That solved it for me! :)

Best Regards

I'll try that later on but I had several problems using VSFilter in MediaPortal. Some files refused to play because of an strange error related to VSFilter. It would be better if MediaPortal supported it right away like it should be, isn't it? :)

I hope this is solved in the next SVN!

sunflower

Portal Pro
February 28, 2007
Cologne
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,
why does this as well as the last build minimize, when I want to play a divx video?
Where in which log-file can I see who initiated this process?

Maybe I should add that I use Girder with my MCE Remote and MediaPortal

Same problem for me. I don't use Girder. I got this Problem since 1.0.0.0 RC1

mpb

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
EVR with DVXA works fine for me with PowerDVD as well.
dvd and SD tv is smooth..
HD stutters when watching live.. other HD sources play fine too.

mrstef

Portal Pro
March 15, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I'll try that later on but I had several problems using VSFilter in MediaPortal. Some files refused to play because of an strange error related to VSFilter. It would be better if MediaPortal supported it right away like it should be, isn't it? :)

I hope this is solved in the next SVN!

I had similar issues before upgrading to version 2.38. If doing this with the old version of VSFilter, I was unable to play MKV files at all for instance.

Yep, it would be better! I am not sure what the option under Movies - Subtitles in the configurator actually does. Anyone?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'm getting some audio stuttering occasionally on live TV. I'm using MPV and MPA at this time, usually this occurs after switching from watching recorded TV or from playing music.

Stopping/starting, skip forward/back or pause doesn't make any difference. I have to exit TV to Music, then return (I don't actually have to play anything) to TV.. then playing is fine.

Thanks!

Chuck

edit... I've been playing with the issue a bit..... this I did in sequence:

start TV.... no stutter
    then stop/start TV ... stutter
    again stop/start TV ... stutter
    stop TV go to My music, do not play anything, go back to TV, start ... stutter
    stop TV, go to music, play something, stop music and got to TV, start TV ... stutter
    then stop/start TV ... no stutter
    stop/start TV ... stutter is back

rinse and repeat :)

Chuck

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Please update your user profile with system spec and tick "show spec".
    Thank you

Simone

balder88

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    Anyone else here has a problem playing mp3s? If I restart my computer and autostart mediaportal, go in to my music and play a file on my local harddrive. It takes two minutes for the song to start, and I can hear the harddrive loading all the time. After I have started it the first time changing songs goes pretty fast, but not like it was with 0.2.3.0.
    Using bassplayer, will try without later.
    Everything is reinstalled with the latest svn. I have tested this on two different computers in two different places. Same problem.

mpb

Portal Member
    November 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Please update your user profile with system spec and tick "show spec".
    Thank you

Simone
    it has been done! ;)
    (being it from the top of my head as I won't be around home for the next few days, sorry)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom