MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-06-22-2008 17-10h - Revision:19453.rar (3 Viewers)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    balder88

Are you using in shares or database view, if share then it will reload all your music files from hdd, if in db view it loads very quickly, for this you need to have scanned your music folders\files from MP config\music\database, then with MP running\music left arrow into music menu and select "switch view"

ob1

Portal Member
    November 26, 2007
    Home Country
    In this SVN, there is an issue with recorded TV. When i watch a live broadcast, i get a good picture with no artifacts and Dolby sound (either 2 or 5 channel depending on the show). If i record the show, when i watch it back, i get terrible interlacing atrifacts and only stereo sound. I'm pretty sure it's not a codec selection issue, because the recorded TS files play with the same issues in VLC. Files recorded with MP 1.0 vanilla dont have this issue. I'm using MPV codec for MPEG2 video, MPA codec for audio and ffdshow for h264.

Is this a known issue with the TS writer?

logs atached.

This is a bug from build 19010. The problem is that Recorded TV uses the decoder settings from Movies/Movie Player. iosub have made a fix for build 19158 but it's not yet included in SVN.

yeah that sounds like it could be the issue, except that i use the same codecs in TV and Movies (mpv/mpa). :confused:

Makaronen

Portal Member
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks for this nice release ! I have a very nice and smooth SD/HD TV picture now....

(Confirming)

Same here with the subtitle....
    The subtitle for sweden do not show correct character for ( Å Ä Ö)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Recorded TV - Possible Bug

Hi,

I think a bug with recorded TV has crept into this or a recent previous build. The scenario is this:

I have a recording schedule set to record Doctor Who everytime it's on a certain channel (UK BBC1). I created this schedule a few weeks ago, the first episode was recorded and showed up in recorded TV, the next episode recorded OK too. However, when I look at recorded TV, there is now a folder for Doctor Who (As expected). If I look in the folder, no recordings are shown at all (Unexpected). It's not major, I can use My Videos to view it instead. Possibly the bug is a skin error maybe? Can anyone else confirm this?

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Hi,

I think a bug with recorded TV has crept into this or a recent previous build. The scenario is this:

I have a recording schedule set to record Doctor Who everytime it's on a certain channel (UK BBC1). I created this schedule a few weeks ago, the first episode was recorded and showed up in recorded TV, the next episode recorded OK too. However, when I look at recorded TV, there is now a folder for Doctor Who (As expected). If I look in the folder, no recordings are shown at all (Unexpected). It's not major, I can use My Videos to view it instead. Possibly the bug is a skin error maybe? Can anyone else confirm this?

If you are using the TVSERVER Open SETUPTV and see if they show as available for databse import .

Also check your recording folder and custom paths, to see if these have changed from what you expect.

ob1

Portal Member
    November 26, 2007
    Home Country
    In this SVN, there is an issue with recorded TV. When i watch a live broadcast, i get a good picture with no artifacts and Dolby sound (either 2 or 5 channel depending on the show). If i record the show, when i watch it back, i get terrible interlacing atrifacts and only stereo sound. I'm pretty sure it's not a codec selection issue, because the recorded TS files play with the same issues in VLC. Files recorded with MP 1.0 vanilla dont have this issue. I'm using MPV codec for MPEG2 video, MPA codec for audio and ffdshow for h264.

Is this a known issue with the TS writer?

logs atached.

This is a bug from build 19010. The problem is that Recorded TV uses the decoder settings from Movies/Movie Player. iosub have made a fix for build 19158 but it's not yet included in SVN.

yeah that sounds like it could be the issue, except that i use the same codecs in TV and Movies (mpv/mpa). :confused:

bah! i'm an idiot. After i upgraded to the SVN, i also added VLC as an external player and left the .ts extension ticked for VLC to handle. I've switched back to MP as my ts player and it's all good again.

sorry for the trouble.

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Solved, sometime ago I'd had to delete and rescan my TV channels - the upshot of this was that previous recordings idChannel column (in the recording table) no longer referred to a channel! I updated the records so that the idChannel is now correct and all is well.

soberdor

Portal Member
    October 21, 2007
    Setup: multiseat
    Server OS: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
    2 DVB-S cards

Hi,

I saw the idle EPG grabbing problem should work since the last SVN - unfortunately I still experience the same problem: TVService becomes unresponsive and has to be closed using task manager. This happens every time TVService is started and the idle grabber starts working.

Does anyone still experience the same?

Thanks,
    Simon

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    Is there a problem with channel scanning? Since yesterday I own a new FireDTV S2, and If I start scanning with the normal Astra 19.2.ini, TV-Server is not able to find any channels on the four S2-transponders that are in the ini-file. I have checked the option "Pilot and Roll-off settings for DVB-S2 tuning (FireDTV + Hauppauge only)". I got "No signal" on this transponders.

With FireDTV Viewer all S2-transponders are scanned fine without errors.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Setup: multiseat
    Server OS: Windows Vista Ultimate SP1
    2 DVB-S cards

Hi,

I saw the idle EPG grabbing problem should work since the last SVN - unfortunately I still experience the same problem: TVService becomes unresponsive and has to be closed using task manager. This happens every time TVService is started and the idle grabber starts working.

Does anyone still experience the same?

Thanks,
    Simon

Jep same here, when idle EPG starts shortly afterwards tv server crashed.

It almost crashes instantly, if you press the refresh EPG button in the TV Configuration (in manuel control).

The odd thing is, no logs were generated :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom