MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-09-2008 09-21h - Revision:19876.rar (2 Viewers)

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    is it possible to record in a network folder?

my secondary hard drive of the htpc is about to die and although im trying to set a network folder, it does not seem to work.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with the actual SVN build. These threads are strictly ment to be for issues that have arisen from the specific SVN build.

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Regarding the restart after resume problem. I have Vista SP1 Home Premium and I don't seem to have "tskill" anywhere on my computer. If I put the line in restart.vbs it fails saying that the file could not be found. I googled it and found that it should be in my system32 folder but it isn't. Maybe this is something that only Vista Ultimate has?

I'm almost certain now that Vista Home Premium doesn't come with tskill. Can anyone else confirm?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    is it possible to record in a network folder?

my secondary hard drive of the htpc is about to die and although im trying to set a network folder, it does not seem to work.

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with the actual SVN build. These threads are strictly ment to be for issues that have arisen from the specific SVN build.

sorry then, i thought i had read something about a svn some time ago concerning this issue, so i thought it would be relevant.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Regarding the restart after resume problem. I have Vista SP1 Home Premium and I don't seem to have "tskill" anywhere on my computer. If I put the line in restart.vbs it fails saying that the file could not be found. I googled it and found that it should be in my system32 folder but it isn't. Maybe this is something that only Vista Ultimate has?

I'm almost certain now that Vista Home Premium doesn't come with tskill. Can anyone else confirm?

yep, indeed that seems to be the case. Unfortunately I cannot think any good sollution how to "fix" that issue. Dunno why MS has decided to remove that .exe? Maybe lot of companies are using it in their scripts and MS is forcing them to buy the bussiness edition, who knows.

We cannot use taskkill for two reasons:
    1) XP doesnt have it
    2) doesnt seem to work correctly after S3 (actually restarting MP after it doesnt work for some odd reason).

So Vista Home Edition users should use the old restart.vbs (that uses the WMI to kill MP process and fails randomly in that as S3 triggers reset for the WMI and could cause the process list to be no up to date when we are trying to kill MP).

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    yep, indeed that seems to be the case. Unfortunately I cannot think any good sollution how to "fix" that issue. Dunno why MS has decided to remove that .exe? Maybe lot of companies are using it in their scripts and MS is forcing them to buy the bussiness edition, who knows.

1) XP doesnt have it
    2) doesnt seem to work correctly after S3 (actually restarting MP after it doesnt work for some odd reason).

So Vista Home Edition users should use the old restart.vbs (that uses the WMI to kill MP process and fails randomly in that as S3 triggers reset for the WMI and could cause the process list to be no up to date when we are trying to kill MP).

That sucks. The old script doesn't work for me either. Does VBScript at least let you detect which OS is running and call the right command based on that? I'm a VB programmer by trade and I might be able to figure it out but I won't have time until this weekend at the earliest.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

1) XP doesnt have it

That sucks. The old script doesn't work for me either. Does VBScript at least let you detect which OS is running and call the right command based on that? I'm a VB programmer by trade and I might be able to figure it out but I won't have time until this weekend at the earliest.

I ment the 2 month old .vbs script. Does it work for you? At least no people have been reporting it to fail.

Most likely VBScript does support checking the version numbering from the OS (at least by using WMI, but that we want to try to avoid as its having its own issues with S3).

btw. I have no actual knowledge on the VBScript, just gathered some small info so that I was able to build that script. So if someone has more knowlegde / free time please feel free to provide few script lines that can be used to determine Vista Home edition (without using WMI) and I'll add support for that OS also (by using the old WMI based way for killing MP).

xanadu1979

Portal Pro
    April 15, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Home Country
    I ment the 2 month old .vbs script. Does it work for you? At least no people have been reporting it to fail.

Most likely VBScript does support checking the version numbering from the OS (at least by using WMI, but that we want to try to avoid as its having its own issues with S3).

btw. I have no actual knowledge on the VBScript, just gathered some small info so that I was able to build that script. So if someone has more knowlegde / free time please feel free to provide few script lines that can be used to determine Vista Home edition (without using WMI) and I'll add support for that OS also (by using the old WMI based way for killing MP).

Yeah, that script worked for me. Hopefully I still have a copy of it. I'll see what I can do with detecting the OS in VBScript when I get some time.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Yeah, that script worked for me. Hopefully I still have a copy of it. I'll see what I can do with detecting the OS in VBScript when I get some time.

The old code is still available in the current .vbs script (just commented out).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom