MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-16-2008 10-57h - Revision:19936.rar | Page 3

Discussion in 'untested MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 RC2 svn-bui' started by MediaPortal-Bot, August 16, 2008.

1. Wbunaarf
    • Team MediaPortal

Wbunaarf Test Group

Ratings:
    +98 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    Show System Specs
    With this version I haven't got any problem switching between SD and HD channels, and all HD channels are working just fine.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. db_no

db_no Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    I have the same problem. The problem was avoided by unchecking EPG grab when IDLE. But your theory that it is because a specific channel is bad is plausible.
    But i saw that it could suddenly change channel while watching. Maybe the EPG grabber takes controll over the Tuner - and change the channel to another satellite on a deifferent head, and therefor cut of the stream to TV Server - hance the hang!

4. Shadowman

Shadowman Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    This SVN works perfect so far for me.... No stuttering so far, even when recording two channels at the same time and watching a third channel in timeshiftmode....:p Can not comment problems with HD-channels. Only using SD-channels.

5. thesystemera

thesystemera Portal Pro

Audio Engineer, Media Guru
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey any one had trouble using the volume on the remote with this SVN. Weardest thing ever and can't work it out for the life of me.. :)

6. Laban

Laban Portal Pro

Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Home Country:
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm using the 1.5.0 firmware and the latest drivers. I even reinstalled both the firmware and the drivers, just to be sure. Still got the same problem. I usually get one frame (still picture) but the sound is working. SVT HD is behaving as i explained in the other thread, ff, stop, ff, stop kind of behavior. The difference is that SVT HD is 720p, the other channels are 1080i.

Update: reinstalled MP RC2, MP and the latest SVN (clean, delete registry..) and now most of the HD channels seem to work, except SVT HD which using 720p. Still the same problem with SVT HD, runs, pause, runs, pause. Sound is working perfectly.

Update 2: cpu usage hoovers around 50% while watching SVT HD so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also tried using ffdshow and got the same problem.

Update 3: Found something interesting, i switched to coreavc in the settings for My Videos and the pause's are gone now while watching SVT HD - Live. Seems to be a bug that causes MP to use the codec specified for My Videos when watching TV. Anyway, i can finally watch the Olympics in HD, great news :)

Update 4: Switched to another HD channel, got a black screen. Switched back to SVT HD, back to "pause, run, pause, run" problem. Did a restart of the computer, still the same problem. Tried again 2-3 hours later and now it works again. Weird..

Update 5: EVR doesn't work when watching any of the HD channels. I get sound and a still picture.

7. nicksti

nicksti Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hello!

Since RC2; evertime I start up (from power-off) I get tv in slowmotion and without sound. After switching to a channel on another transponder all works fine. ?????

In Tv-Server-Error-Log I always see a message like "database connection for user sa failed ...."

Sometimes tv-client lose connection to server.

8. grubi

grubi Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +86 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Read 26 interresting posts in this thread but none of them includes a single log. To make things clear I'm not a member of the team but for me it would also be interresting to have logs beacuse this gives me a clue if certain problems ar specific to the setup or more general so that I could be affected by it. Please return to the good old habbits to post logs at least if you describe a problem which is new and was not reported by others who posted logs already.

Thank you very much.
    grubi.

9. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
  10. MrMel

MrMel Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    +1 getting black screen on SD channels after watching a HD channel.

Also got TVService crashing from time to time while trying HD Channels...

2008-08-18 13:01:51.257397 [RTSP Streaming thread]: Exception :confused:ystem.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()
    Exception :Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    site :Void StreamRun()
    source :TVLibrary
    stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
    at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()

11. Helios61
    • Team MediaPortal

Helios61 Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +897 / 4
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Can not set Time before & after Record since this SVN!

Hello Community!
    Since this SVN i can't set the time before and after a recording!
    Is it a bug?

Best regards
    Helios

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!