MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-16-2008 10-57h - Revision:19936.rar (2 Viewers)

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
December 9, 2005
Sweden
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
With this version I haven't got any problem switching between SD and HD channels, and all HD channels are working just fine.

db_no

Portal Member
August 17, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
Overnight MP freezes, if it was not tuned to a specific channel.

This happened for me with the last weeks svn - BUT i suggest it is caused by EPG grabbing, because this is what I switched on since about one week. Cannot say if this happens with the latest svn, because it is running since 1h only.
Probably it is one or more specific channel(s) that causes the issue when TVService tries to grab EPG for that.
I'll try to find out from the epg history in the next time.

Gregor

I have the same problem. The problem was avoided by unchecking EPG grab when IDLE. But your theory that it is because a specific channel is bad is plausible.
But i saw that it could suddenly change channel while watching. Maybe the EPG grabber takes controll over the Tuner - and change the channel to another satellite on a deifferent head, and therefor cut of the stream to TV Server - hance the hang!

Shadowman

Portal Member
September 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
This SVN works perfect so far for me.... No stuttering so far, even when recording two channels at the same time and watching a third channel in timeshiftmode....:p Can not comment problems with HD-channels. Only using SD-channels.

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hey any one had trouble using the volume on the remote with this SVN. Weardest thing ever and can't work it out for the life of me.. :)

Laban

Portal Pro
July 1, 2007
Luleå
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi Laban,

Was Ambass fix added in this svn ? :

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...details-canal-digital-thor-30167/index10.html

The HD channels are still not working for me so i'm guessing that they weren't. Or perhaps i simply need to restart my HTPC 27 times with the FloppyDTV unplugged , as Lindhardsen did :)

Have you updated the FireDTV firmware with the latest ( 1.5.0 from july ) ?

( For other users, changes concern only FireDTV-S2 card and S2 channels )

Ambass.

I'm using the 1.5.0 firmware and the latest drivers. I even reinstalled both the firmware and the drivers, just to be sure. Still got the same problem. I usually get one frame (still picture) but the sound is working. SVT HD is behaving as i explained in the other thread, ff, stop, ff, stop kind of behavior. The difference is that SVT HD is 720p, the other channels are 1080i.

Update: reinstalled MP RC2, MP and the latest SVN (clean, delete registry..) and now most of the HD channels seem to work, except SVT HD which using 720p. Still the same problem with SVT HD, runs, pause, runs, pause. Sound is working perfectly.

Update 2: cpu usage hoovers around 50% while watching SVT HD so that doesn't seem to be the problem. I also tried using ffdshow and got the same problem.

Update 3: Found something interesting, i switched to coreavc in the settings for My Videos and the pause's are gone now while watching SVT HD - Live. Seems to be a bug that causes MP to use the codec specified for My Videos when watching TV. Anyway, i can finally watch the Olympics in HD, great news :)

Update 4: Switched to another HD channel, got a black screen. Switched back to SVT HD, back to "pause, run, pause, run" problem. Did a restart of the computer, still the same problem. Tried again 2-3 hours later and now it works again. Weird..

Update 5: EVR doesn't work when watching any of the HD channels. I get sound and a still picture.

nicksti

Portal Pro
September 1, 2006
Hello!

Since RC2; evertime I start up (from power-off) I get tv in slowmotion and without sound. After switching to a channel on another transponder all works fine. ?????

In Tv-Server-Error-Log I always see a message like "database connection for user sa failed ...."

Sometimes tv-client lose connection to server.

grubi

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Read 26 interresting posts in this thread but none of them includes a single log. To make things clear I'm not a member of the team but for me it would also be interresting to have logs beacuse this gives me a clue if certain problems ar specific to the setup or more general so that I could be affected by it. Please return to the good old habbits to post logs at least if you describe a problem which is new and was not reported by others who posted logs already.

Thank you very much.
grubi.

MrMel

Portal Pro
November 16, 2007
+1 getting black screen on SD channels after watching a HD channel.

Also got TVService crashing from time to time while trying HD Channels...

2008-08-18 13:01:51.257397 [RTSP Streaming thread]: Exception :confused:ystem.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()
Exception :Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
site :Void StreamRun()
source :TVLibrary
stacktrace: at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.StreamRun()
at TvLibrary.Streaming.RtspStreaming.workerThread()

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can not set Time before & after Record since this SVN!

Hello Community!
    Since this SVN i can't set the time before and after a recording!
    Is it a bug?

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom