MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-30-2008 13-29h - Revision:20078.rar (1 Viewer)

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Fresh install of this SVN for a friend. DVB-S Twinhan 102G 1.2.3.8 BDA drivers. For some reason it doesn't pickup channels on 4 of the transponders on the satellites I'm scanning. I've attached the logs and the following are the ones that didn't properly pickup channels:

Disecq #1
    12224000 LinearV 20000: No Signal
    12228000 LinearV 20000: No Signal

Disecq #2
    12286000 LinearV 20000: No Signal

Did some testing, both ports on the disecq, 12224000 is the first transponder in the list. I added a a fake transponder before each of the first transponders like 12223000, and 12224000 picked up channels. It sounds like that bug previously mentioned where the first transponders in a list won't pickup channels. Still troubleshooting the the other transponders.

kuku

Portal Member
    May 7, 2008
    With this one there might be some trouble with video rendering. I recommend to use backup option while installing. I post logs asap.

Can you be more specific waht exactly isn't working?
    I installed this SVN and did not find any new problem so far.

grubi

Yes I can.. sorry for that, but I was too busy to give an exact information.

I have problem with this SVN at least in My Tv and My Videos. When picture/video should come, TV flashes 'no signal' and stays blank. Video is running ok, because audio is hearable. When I stop video skin is back, but in different resolution.. not filling screen anymore :confused:

This happens only at fullscreen mode when VMR9 exclusive mode is played on secondary display. VMR9 without exclusive mode and EVR are working fine. Everything is working also if mediaportal is running on primary display (with any mode) or windowed on sec. display. Did I confused you enough ;)

Logs included... but there might be nothing:
    - 2008-08-30 19:00:55 - I started playing
    - 2008-08-30 19:01:03 - I stopped because only 'no signal' appearing

I have the same problem as micko. When I run MP on the secondary monitor, the resolution gets messed up. Running it on the primary mointor is fine, though.

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With this one there might be some trouble with video rendering. I recommend to use backup option while installing. I post logs asap.

Can you be more specific waht exactly isn't working?
    I installed this SVN and did not find any new problem so far.

grubi

Yes I can.. sorry for that, but I was too busy to give an exact information.

I have problem with this SVN at least in My Tv and My Videos. When picture/video should come, TV flashes 'no signal' and stays blank. Video is running ok, because audio is hearable. When I stop video skin is back, but in different resolution.. not filling screen anymore :confused:

This happens only at fullscreen mode when VMR9 exclusive mode is played on secondary display. VMR9 without exclusive mode and EVR are working fine. Everything is working also if mediaportal is running on primary display (with any mode) or windowed on sec. display. Did I confused you enough ;)

Logs included... but there might be nothing:
    - 2008-08-30 19:00:55 - I started playing
    - 2008-08-30 19:01:03 - I stopped because only 'no signal' appearing

Please check under my computer >> properties >> advanced tab >> then performance tab >> visual effects tab
    If it is set to adjust for best performance ? that would get you into trouble :)
    (best perfomance is disabling some visual stuff mediaportal seems to use.. (at least that is my opinion)..
    had a simular problem and fixed this way..
    Maybe helps you on the way aswell ..

(my problem was switching from SD to HD, black screen but sound was normal) .. ;)

cheers

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Fresh install of this SVN for a friend. DVB-S Twinhan 102G 1.2.3.8 BDA drivers. For some reason it doesn't pickup channels on 4 of the transponders on the satellites I'm scanning. I've attached the logs and the following are the ones that didn't properly pickup channels:

Disecq #1
    12228000 LinearV 20000: No Signal

Disecq #2
    12286000 LinearV 20000: No Signal

Did some testing, both ports on the disecq, 12224000 is the first transponder in the list. I added a a fake transponder before each of the first transponders like 12223000, and 12224000 picked up channels. It sounds like that bug previously mentioned where the first transponders in a list won't pickup channels. Still troubleshooting the the other transponders.

Still missing channels unfortunately.

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Whenever I try to change channels, the current channel freezes and i have to wait for a while before I gain control again but the channel change fails. I have to turn off the tv and turn it on again to change the channel.

This only happens with my twinhan dvb-t card.

Seconded - I get the same errors with my Twinhan cards, both DVB-T. On this SVN it takes a long long time to tune any channel, with previous SVNs, the tuning was nearly immediate.

I noticed in your log (and mine) errors regarding the CAM. I don't know what's gone wrong but it's interesting that we are both getting the same errors with Twinhan cards.

Hope the devs can take a look and see what the problem might be.

KimBOlesen

Portal Member
    September 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Issue with Microsoft MCE remote

HI

With this snapshot i have a problem with my microsoft remote, volume "down" works ok but "up" stops typical 3 steps before max. Anyone with the same issue?

Sorry no log..

Best regard
    Kim Olesen

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    ok,
    the file name is :
    zovirax000-hebrew_subtitle.ts

Unfortunately I'mnot able to reproduce the crash. Both Russian and Hebrew subtitles work nicely in that sample .ts.

i think i might have understood the problem but i have another one.
    previously i installed only the media portal with a TV client plugin, and i didn`t install the tv client svn.
    now i installed the tv client plugin svn and the media portal crashed before it completed loading and the same happened with the MediaPortal Configuration.

why do you think this the media portal crashed?
    (i dont use TV sever but i install the TV client plugin because the support of DVB subtitle on TS file)

i Attached the log

Thanks

you have to install the tv server and configure it even though you're on a single-seat setup...the tv client only connects and "transports" the tv-programs from the tv-server while the tv-server takes care of all the tuning and stuff...

//johnzered

SweMart

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a weird problem since a few builds, mptray refuses to start via "StartUp" when I boot Vista. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've tried to disable my anti-virus, UAC etc without any luck. It does start but crashes after 1 sec. If I start it manually it stays up without any problems.

Is it possible to log mptray in some way? The Windows event viewer doesn't show anything.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    ive just tried the round button in form of a loop, that enables that videos is played in the background. maybe it has been there ages but just tried it.

nevermind, i noticed that when the tvserie i was watching ended, the background remained black. shouldnt it return to the theme colour, ie blue in bluetwo.

not a big deal, but just checking.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    HI

With this snapshot i have a problem with my microsoft remote, volume "down" works ok but "up" stops typical 3 steps before max. Anyone with the same issue?

Sorry no log..

Best regard
    Kim Olesen

Try selecting your operating system from MediaPortal Configuration/General/Volume Settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom