MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-08-30-2008 13-29h - Revision:20078.rar (1 Viewer)

jbagh

Portal Member
January 7, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
If I run EVR my HD channels are not working, but if run VMR9 it works.... ?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    what codec you use for h264 decoding?

I have CoreAVC 1.7, it also freezes images after the first frames. I was also able to reproduce this with graphedit, so it could be a codec issue.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Stream stops every so many minutes with this release unfortunately..
    both SD&HD (most HD streams/channels won't start actually) and then MP become unresponsive...

starting stopping tv in MP doesn't always help..
    I concure the 'use backup'

try this:

Disable EPG grabbing.. and give it a go... ?
    I had the exact same problem, as well as the TVService contantly crashing. Disabling EPG grabbing fixed it for me too ;) I can post logs if required, but to me it seems there is a problem with EPG grabbing :oops:

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    If I run EVR my HD channels are not working, but if run VMR9 it works.... ?

Please check under my computer >> properties >> advanced tab >> then performance tab >> visual effects tab
    If it is set to adjust for best performance ? that would get you into trouble with EVR under Vista.
    (best perfomance is disabling some visual stuff mediaportal seems to use.. (at least that is my opinion)..
    had a simular problem and fixed this way.. (just make sure all options are on... and try again)..
    I dont know which one is the important one for EVR to work correctly with HD channels.
    But had the exact same problem,

If you do have time on your hands, you could then try and find the one that is so important for EVR and let us know.. :p

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    Ive spent a few days on trying to get HD to work.

This is what I found:

With VMR9 enabled some channels work, but often crash, and mostly black screen going back to SD using Cyberlink, not Core or FFD seem to work at all or crashing right away.
    Many channels dont work at all (Discovery HD work, not TV4 HD here in sweden, different resolution perhaps).
    With EVR nothing works (regardless of Vista settings)

There is two issues in Mantis, one since beginning of July,

I think both those issues are releated to playing HD since the fact that If you start manual control, those channels that sometimes working with VMR9 ALWAYS work with VLC player, no crashing, no issues (while crashing quite often in MP).

The channels that "dont" work, dont work with VLC either (just a few frames, then blank screen), in otherword I suspect TSWriter in that case, and TSReader in the other.
    This happens to be just what the issues in Mantis is about too...

Ive given up now, I'll wait for those issues to be adressed...

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ive spent a few days on trying to get HD to work.

This is what I found:

With VMR9 enabled some channels work, but often crash, and mostly black screen going back to SD using Cyberlink, not Core or FFD seem to work at all or crashing right away.
    Many channels dont work at all (Discovery HD work, not TV4 HD here in sweden, different resolution perhaps).
    With EVR nothing works (regardless of Vista settings)

There is two issues in Mantis, one since beginning of July,

I think both those issues are releated to playing HD since the fact that If you start manual control, those channels that sometimes working with VMR9 ALWAYS work with VLC player, no crashing, no issues (while crashing quite often in MP).

The channels that "dont" work, dont work with VLC either (just a few frames, then blank screen), in otherword I suspect TSWriter in that case, and TSReader in the other.
    This happens to be just what the issues in Mantis is about too...

Ive given up now, I'll wait for those issues to be adressed...

been there too ..

only way I can get everything to work flawlessly.. (even eurosport HD)..

Is with Core avc 1.7 as codec, and ac3 filter.. *(1.6 doesnt work with eurosport hd)
    or core avc and nvidia pure video audio codec.. works fine here too on another client

Do you use those ??

MrMel

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2007
    been there too ..

only way I can get everything to work flawlessly.. (even eurosport HD)..

Is with Core avc 1.7 as codec, and ac3 filter.. *(1.6 doesnt work with eurosport hd)
    or core avc and nvidia pure video audio codec.. works fine here too on another client

Do you use those ??

I tried, but then I get black screen and sound, in some channels, (VLC player too) so I think those channels are linked to tswriter rather then reader...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom