MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-09-06-2008 11-16h - Revision:20143.rar (1 Viewer)

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
June 15, 2006
NE Lincs, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
CAM Failed on FTA channels

Dear All,

I have 2 twinhan DVB-T cards in my system and the last 3 SVNs have not worked for me at all. If I try to tune to a channel, it takes a long time before anything is shown. Changing channels always fails. It used to take 1 or 2 seconds.

My tv.log file has these errors:- cam failed 0x8007001F many times.

Can anyone please explain what this error signifies (apart from the obvious that is).

Just so you know, I'm in the UK, nearly all the DVB-T channels are FTA and I don't have any CAMS installed anyway. The cards are twinhan 3020C mini-ter, single tuner, PCI.

Hope someone can help and thanks for looking.

PS I will post logs when I get home (still in work, boo hoo)!

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Oke, after trying 1.00 RC2 for a while and not being happy about it, i decided to try this one.
    And I am very Happy!! :):D

Pros; This version is very stable

Cons; 2 bugs. First a major one (for me):
    I have a Hauppauge PVR-500 card, so i have 2 tuners, so i can record 2 shows at a time. In this SVN when i schedule 3 or more recordings in the TV-Guide, i DON'T get a dialogue box that says that this isn't possible. Where is it?

second bug (a little one); When i go to My Weather, and then to the sattelite image, i can't get back using the back button on my MCE-remote. On all other menu's, it works perfectly.

I hoped i helped the developers!!!!

Hi,

concerning your first issue i think it's similar to what I reported here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-rc2-svn-builds-280/no-conflictmanagement-epg-43629/, unfortunately it didn't get that much of attention.

//johnzered

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    unfortunately it didn't get that much of attention.

They can, its just that there may be no physical reply.

Everyone does what they can, with the limited time they may have to spare, mostly this does not happen on the main forum, so users do not see this work in progress :(

Now if we had M$ resources :D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    unfortunately it didn't get that much of attention.

They can, its just that there may be no physical reply.

Everyone does what they can, with the limited time they may have to spare, mostly this does not happen on the main forum, so users do not see this work in progress :(

Now if we had M$ resources :D

as pd said, they really do. i was a bit pissed off when sometimes i open a thread about a possible bug, issue, or idea and dont get much attention, but then after some time i have notices that it appeared in the roadmap and work was being done in it.

so dont worry, im sure most of the times all post are taken into consideration.

btw, paranoid delusion, maybe if u ask M$ nicely they may share some resources....:p:D

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could please anyone take notice of my post?

Since this SVN i have Problems with my Microsoft MCE V2-Remote.

I installed the MCE-Driver found here in the Download-Section and it works nice with RC1. Now since this SVN, it seems like MediaPortal "forgets" some Keys of my Remote. I can not use the Channel up and Channel down-Button when i watch TV and the second Problem is, that, when i press the Ok-Button on this Remote, normally comes a windows with the current Films and Shows. Now is there nothing. The Window appears, but its empty.

Can anyone confirm this Behavior? Its strange, think my Remote is ok. Tested it under RC1 and it works like a charm.

I formatted my HDD and re-installed Windows and anything else. So it cant be an error caused by an older Installation of MP.

Logs needed?

Best regards.

--Jens--

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I havent seen anyone to report such behaviour. IÄm using MCE remote and it has been working nicely with RC1/RC2/current SVN.

Ragendorf

Portal Pro
    March 24, 2008
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I havent seen anyone to report such behaviour. IÄm using MCE remote and it has been working nicely with RC1/RC2/current SVN.

same here !

Damn!

Nice to hear that you have no problems. But, wtf, why does it have such behavior by me?

Could you please send me your Driver? Or give me the Link?

Maybe the MCE-Driver i use causes an Error (hope so).

Thanks a lot for answer.

--Jens--

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom