MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-10-10-2009 19-26h - Revision:23831.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoborg

Portal Pro
June 13, 2008
Nový Jičín
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
A nasty bug in Mediaportal 1.1 (latest rev, and previous rev's).
When I open a video for the first time, it works great. When the movie/video is done, and I want to select another one, I get this error:

Unable to play: (MOVIENAME).mkv

VIDEO CODEC: V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
AUDIO CODEC: DTS (or another codec)

After this, the screen stays black (but the system works, because I can hear clicking sounds and my remote is respoding).

So basically, I need to restart Mediaportal if I want to see another episode/movie/media file.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate RTM (activated) and have a Ati mobility Radeon 3400HD (DXVA capable).

Fixed!

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Here is a nice job for the willing SVN testers. :) :)

Manfred created the fix in the Core.dll. Now MP should not crash after multiple watched files. BUT before it can be incorporated in the next SVN it needs to be tested propperly. OFcourse this is to prevent the introduction of new bugs.

SO.. anyone willing to try and help here is welcome. and PLEASE post the results of the tests in the thread Hoborg links to.

Regards...

bfbraun

Portal Pro
June 19, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have a problem since last svn. I have a double dvb-s card (Medion). Normally everything works fine. But since last svn I have the problem, that if I switch to another channel while recording with the second card, live tv shows not the actual stream. It schows the timeshifted programm from some minutes ago.

What can I do?

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

I realised that one of my favorite hd-movies, that worked before in MP 1.02, seems now to hang Mediaportal!? Harddisk is flashing and nothing else happens :confused: I just see the video thumbnail overview?

Logs Attached:
View attachment 48523

Anybody a clue !?

:D and Regards
ARE2

VASkO

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Timeshifting is killing my LiveTV. After max number of TS files is reached and doing a rollover, LiveTV stops and MP goes to main menu. To be able to start LiveTV again, I have to close MP and manually delete TS files. The system on which the problem appears is the Asrock ION330. The rollover seems to be very resource hungry at least on this system. During rollover the HDD led is on for a longer time and it finally breaks the IPTV stream (HD 16mbps).

What is the TS files rollover procedure like now?

I'll attach clean logs later when it happens again.

View attachment MP freeze fter 20mins of HD LiveTV.zip

VASkO

Portal Member
September 18, 2008
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
The above issue was happening only when using PDVD9 H.264 codec. Yesterday I removed it and installed the Arcsoft H.264/MPEG-2 from HDPack 2.2 and left the TV on overnight. In the morning it was still running, so I'm pleased now. Only bug I have now is when changing channels without stopping TV, there is no picture or the last picture from last channel on the new channel and sound from new channel. Happening only with zaping through HD channels. Solution is to stop the LiveTV (pressing b, stop timeshift) and then tune to the channel again (this clears the graph, right?). SD to SD works using the same codec as for HD - Arcsoft H-264/MPEG-2. May be something related to the "graph clearing bug" discussed here earlier.

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,

I realised that one of my favorite hd-movies, that worked before in MP 1.02, seems now to hang Mediaportal!? Harddisk is flashing and nothing else happens :confused: I just see the video thumbnail overview?

Logs Attached:
View attachment 48523

Anybody a clue !?

:D and Regards
ARE2

Anybody a clue what that means:
2009-10-14 22:46:20.468750 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Error in the application.
2009-10-14 22:46:20.468750 [Info.][MPMain]: site :Void BeginScene()
2009-10-14 22:46:20.468750 [Info.][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
2009-10-14 22:46:20.484375 [Info.][MPMain]: stacktrace: at Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

Found it in the logs after trying to play the before mentioned HD movie, that just seems to let Mediaportal freeze on my side :( !?!
And furthermore it seems to be generated endlessly, until I kill the frozen Mediaportal!

THX in forward
ARE2

buddman

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 9, 2008
    TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi!
    I have a problem with the last svn.
    I become a error message in MP configuration-->Plugins
    "An error occured while loading the plugin MediaPortal.GUI.VIDEO.GUIVideoFullscreen.
    It´s incompatible with the current MediaPortal Version and won´t be loaded."

regards,
    shotek

I get both theese: @rtv: When set to wave it jumps back to master when saving...

Ditto, getting the same under Windows 7 Professional. This is after a clean install.

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    With a clean install/Mediaportal.xml you should be able to set volume to wave and save. Some other setting can put it back to master, but I dont know wich one.

Edit: In my case, it was the upmix to 5.1/7.1 setting in music section, that had to be unchecked.

gad

Portal Member
    October 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    Analog TV

Hi guys,

I am glad to see that support for analog tv cards is much better in this svn (since the last public beta).

I've noticed that there is now an xml file describing my analog TV card (Yuan mc770a - dib7700).

Still though the card won't work to scan or view channels.

I'm sending you some information just in case it helps to identify the problem and better support analog cards.

I'm attaching:

- the tv and errors logs
    - an analog tv graph I built for my card in .grf format (inside zip file) and .xml format. Tested and works with my card.
    - an attempted graf that converts analog to mpeg2 stream (in zip file)
    - and finally the xml file mediaportal server created for the analog part of my card

I hope these help to get this card supported.

If there's any steps I could take to modify my installation to get it to work, or to help the dev team, please let me know. I'd be happy to assist.

Best Regards,
    George

Attachments

• Configuration-3-DiBcom BDA Analog TV Tuner (Dev1 Path2).xml
      30.8 KB
    • tv grafs.zip
      30.6 KB
    • working analog tv graf.xml
      30.7 KB
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread