MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-08-2008 16-42h - Revision:20755.rar (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    When I go into my Music and start cycling through the different albums I have or songs my screen freezes. The mouse still works but when I click on something (such as a new song) it plays but doesn't become highlighted. The time at the bottom of the screen is also frozen.

To fix it I have to go back to something like recorded tv (by pressing the shortcut on my remote) and click randomly on screen. Then it will refresh the screen and I'll be in the Recorded TV menu somewhere. I'm not sure if that makes sense.

How do I fix this?

What more info/logs do I need to provide to help this get fixed?

Is this something that only happens with this latest SVN?
    If it is, then you should follow the guidlines and post logs that show this event happening and also try and explain what steps are required to replicate.

If it is something that isn't just confined to this SVN (IE, happening longer than since you applied this patch) then you should fill out a proper bug report in the right section, again posting all logs and with more info.

With regards to logs and info, when you post an error report there are fields that you need to fill in, about system specs and codecs, etc. Fill all these in. We often get people leaving the info out and saying it' not relevant, but everything is relevant and the minute or two extra that you take to fill it out will get you a lot more people trying to help.
    For the logs, close MP, then start it again. do only what is needed to replicate the issue, then close it down and post all logs.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This is the most stable release i've used for a while. :), big thanks. I'have only one small thing, i haven't been able to resolve.
    Maybe i've missed something. When changing channell audio is sometimes lost, even though there is live tv runningt ok. I've tried different audio codecs with no help so far. But i can live with that. It is corrected by skipping to the end of timeshifting buffer.

regs,te3hpurp

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All
    When I install this SVN (and the last couple) TV service is not installed by the SVN installer? it crashes during the installation with a windows error and if I then if I look in control panel, services, I do not have a TV service installed. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something really stupid?

keep up all the good work on MP

Regards to all Pete

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi All
    When I install this SVN (and the last couple) TV service is not installed by the SVN installer? it crashes during the installation with a windows error and if I then if I look in control panel, services, I do not have a TV service installed. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something really stupid?

keep up all the good work on MP

Regards to all Pete
    Same here, log from this build attached (although there isn't much in it)
    Last working build for me is 20683.

Cheers,
    Rich

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MP still hangs starting PS client

TV service seems to be OK for me, but MP is tstill hanging on startup when the PSclient plin is enabled. Since MP doesn't yet appear as an application, the only way out is to kill the process.

P.S. When I disable he PSclient plugun in this version, hibernate occurs even when I am listening to music or watching recorded TV. The attached logs show a hibernate which occurred while I was watching recorded TV, however the MP log seems to indicate inactivity. Is this because of turning off PSclient? I may have seen this problem with the last SVN as well, but don't recall seeing this in the previuos (25-26 Oct?) ones, where I also had to disable the PSclient plugin.

Attachments

• Hang on PSClient start.jpg
      Hang on PSClient start.jpg
      160.4 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country

Anything else using the TVService, ie PVR-Scheduler or ForTheRecord.

Try stopping any above services or TVService itself prior to uninstall.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Errors in "External Display"

Once again I see errors from the external display plugin, but find no working setting for my Scaleo E in the new mini display plugin.
    Is "External Display" deprecated? If so, what plans are there to reproduce support for the displays it addresses in "Mini Display"?

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country

Anything else using the TVService, ie PVR-Scheduler or ForTheRecord.

Try stopping any above services or TVService itself prior to uninstall.
    ForTheRecord was running, stopping it before running TVservice does make a difference (but it still crashes). Logs and a pic of the error message attached.
    Rich

Attachments

• TV-service.png
      TV-service.png
      12.4 KB

ASCIWhite

Portal Member
    February 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Something extremely veird about latest SVN`s. I was having problems with ghosting and image retention with EVR + all codecs (Cyberlink, MP`s built in codecs and ATi Avivo) BUT if I switch to VMR9 rendering and start tv or movie. Watch a little, go back and switch to EVR all problems are gone ?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm..

If anyone have problems with judder, ghosting or retention you should try the above method to get rid of it....

Edit: Sorry Running vista ultimate x64 with ATi HD2600XT with reg tweaks. Catalyst 8.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom