MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-08-2008 16-42h - Revision:20755.rar | Page 2

Discussion in 'untested MediaPortal and TV-Server 1.0 RC3 svn-bui' started by MediaPortal-Bot, November 8, 2008.

1. Marcusb
    • Team MediaPortal

Marcusb Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0
    Is this something that only happens with this latest SVN?
    If it is, then you should follow the guidlines and post logs that show this event happening and also try and explain what steps are required to replicate.

If it is something that isn't just confined to this SVN (IE, happening longer than since you applied this patch) then you should fill out a proper bug report in the right section, again posting all logs and with more info.

With regards to logs and info, when you post an error report there are fields that you need to fill in, about system specs and codecs, etc. Fill all these in. We often get people leaving the info out and saying it' not relevant, but everything is relevant and the minute or two extra that you take to fill it out will get you a lot more people trying to help.
    For the logs, close MP, then start it again. do only what is needed to replicate the issue, then close it down and post all logs.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. te3hpurp
    • Team MediaPortal

te3hpurp Retired Team Member

Senior Software Architect
    Ratings:
    +229 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs
    This is the most stable release i've used for a while. :), big thanks. I'have only one small thing, i haven't been able to resolve.
    Maybe i've missed something. When changing channell audio is sometimes lost, even though there is live tv runningt ok. I've tried different audio codecs with no help so far. But i can live with that. It is corrected by skipping to the end of timeshifting buffer.

regs,te3hpurp

4. PeteA

PeteA Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All
    When I install this SVN (and the last couple) TV service is not installed by the SVN installer? it crashes during the installation with a windows error and if I then if I look in control panel, services, I do not have a TV service installed. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something really stupid?

keep up all the good work on MP

Regards to all Pete

5. richy759
    • Premium Supporter

richy759 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    Same here, log from this build attached (although there isn't much in it)
    Last working build for me is 20683.

Cheers,
    Rich

6. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    MP still hangs starting PS client

TV service seems to be OK for me, but MP is tstill hanging on startup when the PSclient plin is enabled. Since MP doesn't yet appear as an application, the only way out is to kill the process.

P.S. When I disable he PSclient plugun in this version, hibernate occurs even when I am listening to music or watching recorded TV. The attached logs show a hibernate which occurred while I was watching recorded TV, however the MP log seems to indicate inactivity. Is this because of turning off PSclient? I may have seen this problem with the last SVN as well, but don't recall seeing this in the previuos (25-26 Oct?) ones, where I also had to disable the PSclient plugin.

Attached Files:

7. Paranoid Delusion
    • Team MediaPortal

Paranoid Delusion Moderation Manager

Electrical Engineer
    Ratings:
    +1,482 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Anything else using the TVService, ie PVR-Scheduler or ForTheRecord.

Try stopping any above services or TVService itself prior to uninstall.

8. disaster123
    • Premium Supporter

disaster123 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +431 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Is anywhere the sourcecode available of this SVN?

9. rsbrux
    • Team MediaPortal

rsbrux Documentation Group

Ratings:
    +91 / 1
    Home Country:
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Show System Specs
    Errors in "External Display"

Once again I see errors from the external display plugin, but find no working setting for my Scaleo E in the new mini display plugin.
    Is "External Display" deprecated? If so, what plans are there to reproduce support for the displays it addresses in "Mini Display"?

10. richy759
    • Premium Supporter

richy759 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Home Country:
    ForTheRecord was running, stopping it before running TVservice does make a difference (but it still crashes). Logs and a pic of the error message attached.
    Rich

Attached Files:

• TV-service.png
      TV-service.png
      File size:
      12.4 KB
      Uploaded:
      November 9, 2008
      Views:
  11. ASCIWhite

ASCIWhite Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Norway Norway
    Something extremely veird about latest SVN`s. I was having problems with ghosting and image retention with EVR + all codecs (Cyberlink, MP`s built in codecs and ATi Avivo) BUT if I switch to VMR9 rendering and start tv or movie. Watch a little, go back and switch to EVR all problems are gone ?

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm..

If anyone have problems with judder, ghosting or retention you should try the above method to get rid of it....

Edit: Sorry Running vista ultimate x64 with ATi HD2600XT with reg tweaks. Catalyst 8.10

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!