MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-08-2008 16-42h - Revision:20755.rar (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I disabled the 4TR core service and stopped it, uninstalled TV server, rebooted and re-installed the latest SVN and it works fine. So, some weird interactions between the 2 going on.

Thats what users forget to mention, they are using something outside MP, so we do need to check this out, and i mean needs to be tested for at least 3 weeks, this gives xmltv files + any other options a chance to be fully used.

Thnx for the feedback

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I disabled the 4TR core service and stopped it, uninstalled TV server, rebooted and re-installed the latest SVN and it works fine. So, some weird interactions between the 2 going on.

Thats what users forget to mention, they are using something outside MP, so we do need to check this out, and i mean needs to be tested for at least 3 weeks, this gives xmltv files + any other options a chance to be fully used.

For all the people testing and reporting issues with SVN versions. Please don't install any external plugins. We really dont have time to debug issues that are caused from those. If you are using SVN builds on production environment and need some 3rd party plugins, please make the testing with clean SVN environment. Out team is really in short of developers and testers and it doesnt help at all if there is extra work caused by 3rd party plugins.

Thank you.

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Sorry guys, I do really try to not let plugins effect my bug jugement, the quick re-starting of 4TR caught me out a few times.
    Keep up the good work.
    Rich

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    To view encrypted HD channel's, have to tune to SD encrypted first.

Eurosport HD still freezes on first frame. Also only got audio on itv hd while broadcasting, although have seen the black itv hd background screen.

ATI driver stopped responding (doesn't happen very often now) when I was trying to go to an hd channel, driver recovered, MP didn't.

Logs were collected at this point.

Will post more logs of hd sd hd following reboot.

Forgot to mention mouse cursor is not hiding.

Thanx Nigel

mrbenji

Portal Member
    March 3, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Please help! Frequent MP crashes on Vista64

Hi,

I've been getting frequent crashes of MP on Vista64 (Ultimate)... frequently just after loading MP I get a "program stopped working unexpectedly" message. Sometimes I can close the window and keep using MP, sometimes it shuts down when I try to close the message window. Am I alone here, or is this a problem the dev team is aware of and working on resolving?

I'm getting a little desperate here, as my WAF is plummeting by the day. This has been happening since before RC3.

Thanks,
    mrbenji

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    ATI driver stopped responding (doesn't happen very often now) when I was trying to go to an hd channel, driver recovered, MP didn't.

Known issue that driver hang is not handled on Vista. Maybe in 1.0.1. I'll try to remember to add a Mantis task for that one.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    also missing this line in strings_es.xml

<String id="109811" prefix="Mi ">TV Series</String>

Please note that translations for 3rd party plugins won't be added to the
    MediaPortal translation files.

Please contact the author of the plugin for this.

ok, sorry i thought as it was a file included in mp and not in the plugin it was to be included by mp devs.

ive found others strings also.

what about the tvplugin problem? anyone else have this issue?

in tvseries forum they said that its a mediaportal translation.

im prepared to do some translating both of mp and tvseries as my little contribution to mp, but need to know how.
    if you are interested let me know.

N.Spieard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 17, 2007
    Smilde
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Not able to Play DVD

In this SVN Playing a DVD is not working well, after lots of testing it seems that the Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder is the only one working with this SVN. Anyone else having simular problems?

ronzelver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 13, 2008
    Sittard
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    In this SVN Playing a DVD is not working well, after lots of testing it seems that the Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder is the only one working with this SVN. Anyone else having simular problems?

Yep, I had the same thing. Before I was using the MPV decoder, but with this SVN only the Microsoft MPEG2 decoder works?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom