MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-11-08-2008 16-42h - Revision:20755.rar (1 Viewer)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    big problem with this svn.

i was having problems in the "loading window plugins" as it was freezing mp startup.

also in mediaportal configuration.exe when entering plugins, it got unresponsive.

i have found that the problem is with "tvplugin.dll" as if i remove it from the folder, then everything works fine (no tv of course).

ill see if i can get some useful logs and upload them

-----------------------------

also missing this line in strings_es.xml

<String id="109811" prefix="Mi ">TV Series</String>

can you add it?

-------------------------------

PeteA

Portal Pro
    March 6, 2007
    Kent
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi All

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paranoid Delusion View Post
    Quote:
    When I install this SVN (and the last couple) TV service is not installed by the SVN installer? it crashes during the installation with a windows error and if I then if I look in control panel, services, I do not have a TV service installed. Anyone else having this problem or am I doing something really stupid?
    Anything else using the TVService, ie PVR-Scheduler or ForTheRecord.

Try stopping any above services or TVService itself prior to uninstall.
    ForTheRecord was running, stopping it before running TVservice does make a difference (but it still crashes). Logs and a pic of the error message attached.
    Rich
    Attached Thumbnails
    mediaportal-svn-snapshot-11-08-2008-16-42h-revision-20755-rar-tv-service.png

Yep that's exactly the error I get, and if I then check in windows services the TVService is not installed, the only way around this is to install the first SVN 20514 TV Server which installs without any errors then install the latest SVN TV Server over the top? then I get a working TVService installed ok, this seemed to have started about two SVN's ago. Sorry can't post any logs as this happens before I even run MP during the installation.

Pete

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    richy759

Yep that's what i had, one of the problems is fortherecord restarts itself, so you have to be quick :)

Think there was 3 FTR services running that i had to stop, but only the core service restarts itself, a reboot also helped get everything back to working after the new install.

Make sure if using FTR for live tv that there is no TVPlugin shown in plugins\window folder only tvplugin.dll.disabled, if there is, delete the disabled one and rename the other to .disabled, so the latest one is saved as a backup.

flokel

Portal Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 11, 2005
    Unterfranken
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Please note that translations for 3rd party plugins won't be added to the
    MediaPortal translation files.

Please contact the author of the plugin for this.

Seattle

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same Problem here

Once again I see errors from the external display plugin, but find no working setting for my Scaleo E in the new mini display plugin.
    Is "External Display" deprecated? If so, what plans are there to reproduce support for the displays it addresses in "Mini Display"?

Have the same Problem with my Scaleo...

SEA

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Make sure if using FTR for live tv that there is no TVPlugin shown in plugins\window folder only tvplugin.dll.disabled, if there is, delete the disabled one and rename the other to .disabled, so the latest one is saved as a backup.

Actually its not wise to have ANY backups inside the plugins\windows or plugins\process folders as MP will not make any difference on the extension. So you probably are getting odd results as there might be two tv plugins running (at least having a backup of dialogs.dll is knowing to cause huge amount of havoc...).

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    So you probably are getting odd results

Cheers tourettes, will check this out as i am getting some weird TV freezes on my new xp install so may be related, trying out FTR to give some feedback to team\users of how its behaving :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Please note that translations for 3rd party plugins won't be added to the
    MediaPortal translation files.

Please contact the author of the plugin for this.

ok, sorry i thought as it was a file included in mp and not in the plugin it was to be included by mp devs.

ive found others strings also.

what about the tvplugin problem? anyone else have this issue?

sleepycol

Portal Pro
    June 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Hi Devs,

1) When you go into My music for the first time (in album view) the list appears ok. When you quit out and go straight back in the list appears on the 3D angled position (like when you press the left key to go to left hand menu). You can scroll up and down the list whilst it is angled. I assume this is a bug as it looks very untidy. See attached file MyMusicBug.jpg.

2) My news, my trailers and my yahoo pluigins are missing MEPOs on main menu. I'm currently using MEPOs from My Videos but would be nice to have a "generic plugin MEPO".

3) In My Videos using Titles mode with list view, when you highlight a movie the large thumbnail on the left hand side is displayed normally. When you press F3 to go to info page then return to the list view, the large thumbnail is missing. See attached file MyVideosBug.jpg.

4) Would be nice if the current view was displayed in My Music (just under the MEPO and MY Music text in the top left corner. Eg "Album View" or "Artist View" or "Recently Added" or "Favourites" etc. So that you know what you are looking at.

Cheers,
    Colin

Attachments

• MyMusicBug.jpg
      MyMusicBug.jpg
      61.5 KB
    • MyVideosBug.jpg
      MyVideosBug.jpg
      93.6 KB

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    richy759

Yep that's what i had, one of the problems is fortherecord restarts itself, so you have to be quick :)

Think there was 3 FTR services running that i had to stop, but only the core service restarts itself, a reboot also helped get everything back to working after the new install.

I disabled the 4TR core service and stopped it, uninstalled TV server, rebooted and re-installed the latest SVN and it works fine. So, some weird interactions between the 2 going on.
    (Thanks for the tip about it re-starting so quickly Paranoid)
    Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom