MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnkelChris

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Wimbledon Sample

tried the TsReader.ax from the trunk (24612)

now it plays the sample within graphedit and MediaPortal with all codec combinations. Also MPC is working without any problem. For me, this TsReader.ax (24612) solved all my "codec related" problems :)

:D devs :D

thehobbit

Portal Member
    July 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Re: MediaPortal SVN-Snapshot:-12-24-2009 16-14h - Revision:24553.rar

After updating to the current svn I get a #connection to tv-service is lost" on both of my clients every time I try to watch tv. Everything works fine on my computer where tv-server and mediaportal are installed. If someone have the time to look at my logs, I will be very grateful.

:D

mylle

Portal Pro
    April 14, 2005
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark

I just tryed out TsReader.ax (24612) too.

Works great. Channel change is fast.(running with no rtsp. have not tried with rtsp) Tv recordings starts right away. This is with SAF4.0 beta 22 and codecs set to pdvd9 both for sd and hd tv.

Seems like the devs really made som nice changes. Its been a long time since i have had this much success. Really looking forward to rc1 now and it seems its going in the right direction now :)

regards

Mylle

Edit: MS h264 decoder also working fine now :)

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway

thehobbit: Just in case - you did update TVEngine on clients (meaning client-plugin)? (Can't remember what error message not doing so gives ...)

EDIT: You should get another error-message, then (TV-plugin/MP missmatch)

dbgurudk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008

I just tryed out TsReader.ax (24612) too.

Works great. Channel change is fast.(running with no rtsp. have not tried with rtsp) Tv recordings starts right away. This is with SAF4.0 beta 22 and codecs set to pdvd9 both for sd and hd tv.

Seems like the devs really made som nice changes. Its been a long time since i have had this much success. Really looking forward to rc1 now and it seems its going in the right direction now :)

regards

Mylle

Edit: MS h264 decoder also working fine now :)

Where do you get this "version" (24612) of TsReader.ax from?

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Please don't start messing up things with bins from different versions. We will release a new public build in a few days...

Simone

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    UnHandled .NET Error when watching a Video on multi-site

HI

First I don't attach logs because this is unhadled error ".Net error" and there is nothing on error.log or mediaportal.log., This is new since the changes on the new (TvHome Heardbeat or the speed up of the tvGuide scroll, not sure)

When Watching a video from local drive on and MultiSite configuration and the Computer with TVServer go to standby I get a .NET error on top of the video that I'm watching.

Is allways reproducible

Step:

1.- Start the computer with MP (WOL) will wake the computer with TvServer
    2.- Start watching a video in MP from the local drive.
    3.- Ones the Computer with the TvServer go to sleep
    4.- The client with MP will generate a .NET Error "The error shows a SQL Stament with @episode etc etc..." but generates and .NET error because the TvServer computer is on sleep.

Hope this helps

Iosu

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I should not ask but hey, like many I have had big issues with this SVN and wondered if another would be a good idea given how many issues are getting fixed - just a thought that was all.

Keep up the good work!

Jez
    The changelog and roadmap lists (for MediaPortal, TV-Server and Installer) are probably the best way to keep track of bug fixing. These lists show how much work is going into the development of MP. Note that a lot more work would be happening in the background. The links are along the right hand side of the home page :)

MLH01.

Did I ask for chagelog/roadmap directions?
    Fair call - I misunderstood your post. Nothing more, nothing less.

Your comments don’t help at all regards further testing,
    Strictly speaking, neither did your post (where are the logs, what are your issues)?

SVN releases have become less regular over the last few months and this does not help wider testing/feedback.
    There is a section in these forums (I don't have time to find the link), that states that SVN releases become less frequent close to a RC/final release... Hopefully that is closer to what you were posting about ;)

arion_p

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 7, 2007
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Re: UnHandled .NET Error when watching a Video on multi-site

First I don't attach logs because this is unhadled error ".Net error" and there is nothing on error.log or mediaportal.log.,
    Logs are always needed. In this case it would show what happened prior to the unhandled exception, which in turn would help find out what caused it.

4.- The client with MP will generate a .NET Error "The error shows a SQL Stament with @episode etc etc..." but generates and .NET error because the TvServer computer is on sleep.
    If you have TVPlugin enabled on the client you cannot put the server to sleep. TVPlugin connects to the server and requests data periodically in the background even when you are not watching TV for other bookkeeping tasks (one example is the TV Notifier option, another is to show the recording icon whenever a recording is active and so on...). That is why the the client will keep the server awake if you have TVPlugin enabled (unless of course you manually put the server to sleep like you did).

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    Re: UnHandled .NET Error when watching a Video on multi-site

First I don't attach logs because this is unhadled error ".Net error" and there is nothing on error.log or mediaportal.log.,
    Logs are always needed. In this case it would show what happened prior to the unhandled exception, which in turn would help find out what caused it.

If you have TVPlugin enabled on the client you cannot put the server to sleep. TVPlugin connects to the server and requests data periodically in the background even when you are not watching TV for other bookkeeping tasks (one example is the TV Notifier option, another is to show the recording icon whenever a recording is active and so on...). That is why the the client will keep the server awake if you have TVPlugin enabled (unless of course you manually put the server to sleep like you did).

OK, I will post the logs ones I go home, but I had check the error.log and was emptly and mediaportal.log there was no error. Also when the .Net error shows up the video keeps playing so the only way to stop is to kill MP with the taskManager.

TvServer go to sleep automaticaly (I don't force a sleep), maybe this is the problem, that when you are watching a video from the local hard Drive, the TvClient Pluging response is not keep alive...because you are not using the tvclient at all.

But I will post the logs..

Iosu

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom