MediaPortalDirs.xml overvrited by 1.2.2 update (1 Viewer)

bruceas

Portal Member
December 10, 2010
I have updated 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and the MediaPortalDirs.xml was overvrited. I had modified it for move directory to ramdisk.

Before update is better to backup MediaPortalDirs.xml.

Bye.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

If you use a custom MediaPortalDirs.xml, it must be located in the user's MyDocs folder.

Do you still have your install log file? (folder locations)
    That will reveal the exact path where you need to put it.
    Example, mine looks like this:
    [ERROR !!!] Loading MediaPortalDirectories from MyDocs failed. ('C:\Users\htpc\Documents\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortalDirs.xml')
    [ INFO] Trying to load from installation directory now.
    [ INFO] Loaded MediaPortalDirectories from InstallDir successfully. ('C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortalDirs.xml')
    So on my htpc, I need to put it in C:\Users\htpc\Documents\Team MediaPortal\ if I want MP to preserve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    And this is the follow-up thread, which includes log files: PiP audio problem
    I just updated from 2.4. Update did not conserve my channels or epg plug-in or anything, looks like, which of course was a...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] usb tuner not listed DE
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    Installed LAV filters and codec and now it works,
    New install win 11. have hauppauge 955q usb tuner astc. I see it in device manager under sound video game controllers. i did...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom