MediaPortalDirs.xml overvrited by 1.2.2 update (1 Viewer)

bruceas

Portal Member
December 10, 2010
12
1
I have updated 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and the MediaPortalDirs.xml was overvrited. I had modified it for move directory to ramdisk.

Before update is better to backup MediaPortalDirs.xml.

Bye.
 

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    4,421
    805
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi there :)

    If you use a custom MediaPortalDirs.xml, it must be located in the user's MyDocs folder.

    Do you still have your install log file? (folder locations)
    That will reveal the exact path where you need to put it.
    Example, mine looks like this:
    [ERROR !!!] Loading MediaPortalDirectories from MyDocs failed. ('C:\Users\htpc\Documents\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortalDirs.xml')
    [ INFO] Trying to load from installation directory now.
    [ INFO] Loaded MediaPortalDirectories from InstallDir successfully. ('C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MediaPortalDirs.xml')
    So on my htpc, I need to put it in C:\Users\htpc\Documents\Team MediaPortal\ if I want MP to preserve it.
     

    Users who are viewing this thread

    Similar threads

    MP1 MP2 EPG woes DE
    Hey everyone, Since mc2xml have stopped working, I built a lightweight replacement tool to keep XMLTV guide data flowing smoothly for media servers. Everything you need—including downloads, setup instructions, and configuration guides—is ready to go on the website: https://epgtalk.com/builder/ Give it a try and let me know if you...
    Hey everyone, Since mc2xml have stopped working, I built a lightweight replacement tool to keep XMLTV guide data flowing smoothly...
    Does anyone know how to “fix” the MC2XML application, and hopefully permanently? Mine stopped working sometime after September 29...
    Replies
    11
    Views
    234
    Fixed, I think. Certainly the vintage MP2 installer that I was using no longer installs the LAV filters. I can only assume that these were never part of the install package itself, but rather downloaded during the install, and that link no longer exists. Shame that the installer doesn't indicate this. Last time when I installed the...
    Fixed, I think. Certainly the vintage MP2 installer that I was using no longer installs the LAV filters. I can only assume that...
    Hi all, I've recently retired my MP2 setup for my main HTPC and gone back to separates, but I wanted to retain the ability to play...
    Replies
    4
    Views
    888
    MP1 MP2 Not working! DE
    O Frabjous Joy! That seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much for your help and advice, CyberSimian. I hadn't thought of deleting the various folders, but I'll bear that in mind for any future disasters. Now I can record King & Conqueror on Sunday! Cheers Ralph
    O Frabjous Joy! That seems to have done the trick. Thank you so much for your help and advice, CyberSimian. I hadn't thought of...
    I've been running MediaPortal on my PC for several years, but the most recent update "MediaPortal 1.38 Release " does...
    Replies
    5
    Views
    3K
    MP1 MP2 MP Shutting down DE
    I got a similar error yesterday just when a watched episode ended... Didn't copy the logs unfortunately but now i'm in a weird situation. Trakt website shows that episode as watched, but in onlinevideos (where i watched that episode) it still is not flagged as watched. The watched.json doesn't contain that episode but i think it...
    I got a similar error yesterday just when a watched episode ended... Didn't copy the logs unfortunately but now i'm in a weird...
    I have an issue that started in 1.37 and so I updated to 1.38 and updated all my installed plugins but the issue has continued. My...
    Replies
    6
    Views
    946
    Got a reply from SD ... "Looks like your last successful download was on 5/23. On 5/24 for some reason we received 194 connections between 10:54 and 11:05 triggering a denial of service attack ban. The logs show it was lifted on 5/25, but I still see the entry in iptables. I reset fail2ban and hopefully you're working again." Weird...
    Got a reply from SD ... "Looks like your last successful download was on 5/23. On 5/24 for some reason we received 194...
    I'm using MediaPortal 1.38.1 x64 and have an SD-DD lineup account. In the last week, I have not been able to update my EPG, and...
    Replies
    3
    Views
    744
    Top Bottom