MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Out of my own interest I have taken a look at alternative Windows commandline ripping tools for the no longer available ripping tool "CD Slayer". The selection of freely available command line ripping tools is quite manageable and unusually short for Windows ;-)

While searching for a commandline ripping tool for Windows I came across the following programs.
    Whereby only "CUETools" would have the function range for a successor version of "MediaSlayer"

- CUETools
    Is a very powerful ripping tool developed especially for Windows.
    It includes the possibility to use "musicbrainz.org", a successor of "freedb", as well as the possibility to convert music to different audio formats.

The Homepage is available at:

CUETools

- CDR Tools
    is a ripping tool originally developed for Linux, of which for 2 years now also a
    partially ported for Windows version.

The ported for Windows version can currently only rip "Wave" files, because it was only partially ported to Windows. The parts of the program that could rip alternative file formats do not appear to have been ported.

Windows Port:

Homepage of CDR-Tools:

Source code of MediaSlayer:
    Unfortunately I have not found any source code of "MediaSlayer" here in the forum.
    Is there anyone here in the forum who might know where to find the source code of the MediaPortal plugin?

@catavolt
    Thanks you for your correction!
    Yes now I saw freedb is death. That is the reason that MediaSlayer will not work in online mode. The german newspaper "ct" wrote a short report at 23.June 2020 and I don't see it :-(

Last edited:

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear MediaPortal Community,
    today we wrote to the developer of the plugin if he is so kind to publish the source code of the software, so there is a chance to update the plugin "MediaSlayer".

We would be happy if we could support the further development of this very helpful plugin.

Musikliebhaber

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@-Manfred-

Dear Manfred,
    unfortunaly after the online service freedb discontinued in june 2020 your MediaPortal Plugin "MediaSlayer" stop working! Because we like the function from MediaSlayer in MediaPortal we are intressed to update this plugins.

Because we have not found the source code from Media Slayer at the MediaPortal forum I wanted to ask please can you publish the source code from MediaSlayer Plugin in the Media Portal forum so that the MediaSlayer plugin can be updated?

If you do not want to make the source code available we were willing to support the update of the plugin in form of a donation.
    If we are mentioned as a public supporter of the plugin.

I would be very grateful if you would release the source code of the MediaSlayer plugin or support the MediaPortal community by further developing the MediaSlayer plugin.

Please give me a answert of your decision.

best regards,

Musikliebhaber

Last edited:

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear @ajs,

as for myself, I regret very much as well that ‘MediaSlayer’ stopped working after the dissolvement of the ‘freedb database’. As I’ve read in the forum that lately you’ve been improving the search function in the ‘MusicBrainz database’ for Fanarthandler, I’d like to ask you, whether after finishing your current project, you’d be able to check the plugin for the integrability of the ‘MusicBrainz database’, so that at least the basic functions concerning the transfer of albums and titles for the ripping of non-copy-protected audio-CDs could be maintained. ‘Mediaportal’ is a wonderful programm, which to a large extent is due to the colorful smorgasboard of plugins, as they create an interesting user interface that is also visually very appealing through the usage of different skins. I’d really appreciate, if you could keep the ‘MediaSlayer’ plugin alive for the diversity of Mediaportal.

Thanks in advance.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    I'm not sure that I have enough strength, knowledge and time.

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Krimskrams34

Portal Pro
    July 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Due to your versatile and successful activities lately, for which I’d like to thank you as a user of different plugins by the way, I’m certain that your programming skills and your persistance would suffice to master this task as well. Unfortunately neither am I aware of a way to locate the sourcecode. Solving the issue via reverse engineering of a dll is probably too time-consuming. Maybe you’re capable of using your collegial contacts to obtain more clues concerning the sourcecode?
    Thanks very much once again for your efforts and the further development of various plugins and skins.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Maybe you’re capable of using your collegial contacts to obtain more clues concerning the sourcecode?
    Unfortunately, it is unlikely that plugins are developed by users, and if they have not posted the source code on the network, then only they have it. :coffee:
    Thanks very much once again for your efforts and the further development of various plugins and skins.
    Not at all, this is a hobby and a warm-up for the brain. :coffee::)

Musikliebhaber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2012
    Köln
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @ajs,

the source code is really a problem. Unfortunately "@-Manfred-" has not read my messages yet :-(

Maybe you know someone in the "MediaPortal Development Group" who knows how to contact "-Manfred-" outside of the MediaPortal Forum? @-Manfred- was also a "MediaPortal Team Member" and plugin developer.

Musikliebhaber

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Perhaps, but sometimes it turns into unreadable code like:
    int var631 = var785 + func345(var25) ...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom