MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (3 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hello!!

Installer is not working on Mediaportal 1.2 RC

dependency check error.

Any workaround?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi skandy - you need the 1.6.1 installer from the archived files in the downloads repository listing: MEDIAPORTAL - Media Slayer It works fine for me with 1.2.0 RC.

It does not appear in MPEI yet though. I don't think -Manfred- has published a new MPEI update.xml yet.

todd3835

Portal Member
    October 27, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Tried to get this working. I have DVDFab installed, plugin appears configured, but when I try to rip a music CD it tells me that it isn't configured. Anyone have any ideas?

deskwizard

Portal Member
    April 12, 2010
    St-Hubert
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I didn't try to rip music yet, but I found out that not all version of dvdfab will work with this plugin. (Not the plugins fault DVDFab breaks command line all the time...)

But to be totally honest, I don't think dvdfab does music.... I will check out mine when I get home if you havent got an answer then!

Anybody feel free to correct me !

zaxxa

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Sirs,
    I have a big problem when I rip my CDs with mediaslayer.
    The message is UNRECOVERABLE ERROR.
    Please help me!

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Hi Sirs,
    I have a big problem when I rip my CDs with mediaslayer.
    The message is UNRECOVERABLE ERROR.
    Please help me!

Same here - the Log shows http error - only dvdfab is working

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using the PureVisionHD Blue skin and having a few problems, the most annoying being that I've set the paths in config to:

D:\Media\CDRips
    D:\Media\DVDRips

but it doesn't use these and only offers me (for music) my MP Music scan/database folder or my DVD drive and (for Video) my MP Video database scan folder and my DVD drive. I don't really want to be able to change the path, I just want it to use the ones I've set in config.

The other issues are that it doesn't show me the available space until I choose a path from Music or Video and the Music format defaults to Ogg even though I've set it to FLAC in config.

The config's also a bit confusing as I use DVDFab Passkey, but if I tick "Online Decrypter Installed" and select DVDFab and set the path to DVDFab Passkey it greys out the "Full Disc", "ISO" options. Maybe I just need to select "Internal" ripper?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: Re: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Ok - something is broken here - also as described below it doesn't use the directory defined - only the Root. all the options (iso, compleet, ...) are greyed out in every combination. basically it is working (did a rib of a cd with DVDFAB yesterday and the rsult is quite OK) - Not sure if the cover search and info is working as I didn'z get anything - but on the other hand also the coversearch function of MP itself didn't give me a result. (Peter Gabriel Hits)

Strange enough that it only works with DVDFab as this isn't even installed ...

I'm using the PureVisionHD Blue skin and having a few problems, the most annoying being that I've set the paths in config to:

D:\Media\CDRips
    D:\Media\DVDRips

but it doesn't use these and only offers me (for music) my MP Music scan/database folder or my DVD drive and (for Video) my MP Video database scan folder and my DVD drive. I don't really want to be able to change the path, I just want it to use the ones I've set in config.

The other issues are that it doesn't show me the available space until I choose a path from Music or Video and the Music format defaults to Ogg even though I've set it to FLAC in config.

The config's also a bit confusing as I use DVDFab Passkey, but if I tick "Online Decrypter Installed" and select DVDFab and set the path to DVDFab Passkey it greys out the "Full Disc", "ISO" options. Maybe I just need to select "Internal" ripper?

zaxxa

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi pur_berger,
    Are you sure?
    With the dvdfab I rip my CDs without error and with donwload cover art?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom