MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool (2 Viewers)

Mencoder - working or not

• Yep, all is fine

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • No and I'm frustrated

Votes: 65 69.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Directories are taken from MP settings. Can't remember anymore why I left those settings on plugin configuration side. I'll try to find some time for this after Xmas. And btw. CD is ripped totally inside the plugin. Only DVD side can utilize some 3rd party progs like DVDFab.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Directories are taken from MP settings. Can't remember anymore why I left those settings on plugin configuration side. I'll try to find some time for this after Xmas. And btw. CD is ripped totally inside the plugin. Only DVD side can utilize some 3rd party progs like DVDFab.

That's a bit of a shame, as I only want MP to scan one Music folder (where I put all the files after I've checked the tags are correct) and I don't really want to be able to access my CD Rips or DVD Rips folder from within MP (the latter is just for ripping DVDs to before running DVD Shrink and/or compressing them to AVI). I know I can set MP not to scan these folders into the database, but it still makes things a bit over-complicated if the user has to check which folder MediaSlayer is going to rip the discs to each time, which is why I'd prefer being able to set a static folder from the config.

I guess if MediaSlayer always correctly tags the music files, it would be OK for them to be ripped to my Music folder, but if not and I have to check them each time it would be preferable to have them ripped to a separate folder so I can check them before moving them.

So it's probably going to be easier for me to use something like EAC to rips the CDs and DVDFab Passkey to rip the DVD's, outside of MP.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    AW: MediaSlayer - CD and DVD HD ripping tool

Well - when I checked it the only option (changed over the GUI) working was DVDFab. The error - hm - I also have anydvd instaled - maybe that's th reason why it's working.

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

So - afetr playing around with this plugin ... some things I have seen in the behaviuor:

It takes a while until the disc is really loaded - before that you will get a unrecoveradble error when you try to rip
    in my case it doesn't another Ripping mechanism over the gui as I only have amedia configured ion the Plugin - therefore it only takes this even iv for example DVDFab is shown. The reason I thought DVD was working without even installed was te loading time - so the disc was ready loading when I have selected DVDFab - and so I thought DVDFab was used.

EDIT - Manfred - just read you comment - ok - so the ripper doesn't change at all in MUSIC.

Whe you one time select the "Music" Tab in the GUI you loose the path you have defined in teh Pluginsection - only the root of your Mediadirectory settet up in the MPConfig is availibel and the files are stored there - having the option to realy "browse" over the Gui to select a different Folder would be cool.

Ripping is working great

Only feature I miss is an option to manually search for the Media - IMDB is not always right but you only get their selection. If you could put in the Nascode of the CD for example or the name you would have more options.

But - in total and when you know about the "handling" it´'s a great tool!

zaxxa

Portal Member
    December 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Very strange!
    I used this plugin for ripping my CDs with cover art for years.
    Now I can't rip my CDs with cover art because there is an error "UNRECOVERABLE ERROR"

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

hm, someone can help me !?
    today i found the plugin and it would be very helpful for me.
    but i dont get it working.

same error liek zaxxa:
    UNRECOVERABEL ERROR

what can i do ?

evilgroby

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

here they are, i hope somebody can give me a hint.
    i only try to rip audio cds. i get a result where i can choose the right cd-name.
    so far everything is fine. but then the info poped up:
    UNRECOVERABLE ERROR

-Manfred-

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Nothing I can do as error is some internal server error: Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler. And this plugin works only if cd info is get correctly from cddb. I also tried ripping today and did not face any problems. Is it the same with all discs?

What I also noticed is that covers are not received anymore from Amazon webservices which means that MP core (BASS maybe) needs to be updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom