MediaStream by pilehave - upd. 22/08/09 (2 Viewers)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just installed "For the record" and have problems with the view for the recorded programs. it just don't work correctly. I can not change view to list mode, when I go to blue3wide skin, change the view there to 'list' and switch back to mediasteam there are no programs shown (in blue3wide it works fine so I supose it must be a skin problem).

Do you have any updates or working skin files for this problem?

Sorry if I missed the post, but I searched around and couldn't find a solution.

Thanks for your help

Does this also occur when starting with MediaStream? I sometimes have issues when changing skins from within mediaportal.

sogge

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    yes this is my problem. when I start in MediaStream the recorded program list is empty, the fly in menu on the right is open but i cannot change something. Because of this I tried if it works in another skin and there it works fine. so I thing my 4tr skin files for MediaStream are corrupted.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    If you change the skin from within MediaPortal the plugin doesn't know this, as it only checks the skin on startup. This will give funny results untill next restart of MediaPortal.

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't see an answer in this sub-forum so my apologies if it's old ground :

I'm on XP SP3, running MediaPortal 1.1.0 Alpha and dowloaded this skin tonight (including the 1507 dll update)

I've been into Config to enable and customise the menu, but I can't get a background to appear on anything.

I've tried setting the image and setting the image folder, neither of which appear to have done anything - so I end up with a black screen (an image I have seen a few times in this very thread, but no answer to resolve it :-(

There must be something I've not done correctly ?
    :confused:

Please help me :D

My bad...the Alpha-plugin needs the backgrounds to be placed in the folder skin\MediaStream 1.0.1\Media\Wallpapers

I have updated the first post to reflect this :sorry:

sorry,but i have no Backroundpictures after this Fix?

This is my entry in the Mediastream.xml

</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemPrefix6">check Dein</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemName6">WETTER</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemHyperlink6">2600</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemBgImage6">weather_bg</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemBgFolder6">C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\MediaStream 1.0.1\Media\Wallpapers\weather_bg</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemPrefix7">verwalte</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemName7">PLUGINS</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemHyperlink7">34</entry>
    <entry name="menuItemBgImage7">
    </entry>
    <entry name="menuItemBgFolder7">
    </entry>

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I don't know why, but the file extension (.png, .jpg) is missing?

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

I am using StreamedMP skin latest beta with your mediastream.dll and MP1.1 Alpha (MediaStream_plugin_1.1.0_alpha.zip (ADDED 18/07/09))

I tried creating a folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\MediaStream 1.0.1\Media\Wallpapers

When i run the config for mediastream.dll i can't find any image folders. I can still see the .png file in the main directory

What is the correct directory path?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I am using StreamedMP skin latest beta with your mediastream.dll and MP1.1 Alpha (MediaStream_plugin_1.1.0_alpha.zip (ADDED 18/07/09))

I tried creating a folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\MediaStream 1.0.1\Media\Wallpapers

When i run the config for mediastream.dll i can't find any image folders. I can still see the .png file in the main directory

Two things:

1. You cannot use the second selectlist called "Background folder" for images (yet). This will be usable in 1.1.0 RC1 as I submitted changes to SVN that are needed.

2. The plugin will look for the "Wallpapers" folder in your CURRENT skin. Normally this would be "MediaStream" but since you are using "StreamedMP" you need to have your "Wallpapers" folder there. If the folder "Wallpapers" is not found, it SHOULD list all images in your "Media" folder (this was the default folder in previous versions).

Now, the actual MediaStream plugin will not start unless your current skin-folder is named something that contains the string "MediaStream". This can be fixed by renaming your StreamedMP folder to StreamedMP-MediaStream.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Two things:

1. You cannot use the second selectlist called "Background folder" for images (yet). This will be usable in 1.1.0 RC1 as I submitted changes to SVN that are needed.

2. The plugin will look for the "Wallpapers" folder in your CURRENT skin. Normally this would be "MediaStream" but since you are using "StreamedMP" you need to have your "Wallpapers" folder there. If the folder "Wallpapers" is not found, it SHOULD list all images in your "Media" folder (this was the default folder in previous versions).

Now, the actual MediaStream plugin will not start unless your current skin-folder is named something that contains the string "MediaStream". This can be fixed by renaming your StreamedMP folder to StreamedMP-MediaStream.

Thanks for your instructions, i will backup my StreamedMP directory and call it StreamedMP-MediaStream, hopefully that wont break StreamedMP.

The reason i found my way here was i was reading this post here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mp-community-mods-bug-fixes-49484/#post337368

So what is the advantage/differences between using the basic home xml in StreamedMP 'vs' the home screen in your Mediastream? On the surface they seem fairly similar, but i imagine they work differently? I am working on a New Zealand themed mod for StreamedMP. I find the StreamedMP basichome very slightly laggy at times, so i thought of using your myhome.xml with StreamedMP.

So if i use your home menu and then apply this mod - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/333347-post121.html - then i should be able to have a random background for each menu item?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

Two things:

Thanks for your instructions, i will backup my StreamedMP directory and call it StreamedMP-MediaStream, hopefully that wont break StreamedMP.

The reason i found my way here was i was reading this post here
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...mp-community-mods-bug-fixes-49484/#post337368

So what is the advantage/differences between using the basic home xml in StreamedMP 'vs' the home screen in your Mediastream? On the surface they seem fairly similar, but i imagine they work differently? I am working on a New Zealand themed mod for StreamedMP. I find the StreamedMP basichome very slightly laggy at times, so i thought of using your myhome.xml with StreamedMP.

So if i use your home menu and then apply this mod - https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/333347-post121.html - then i should be able to have a random background for each menu item?

The biggest advantage is the size of the myHome.xml file. With my plugin I have hardcoded a limit of 25 (as far as i remember) menuitems, but putting so many in there doesn't make the file any bigger as the plugin reads the plugins.

The first versions of the skin had a similar generator to StreamedMP but kept filling up memory and working really slow.

The plugin puts out two variables, called #bgimage1 and #bgimage2. If you change this:

Code:
    <control>
    	<description>background image 1</description>
    	<type>image</type>
    	<id>501</id>
    	<posX>0</posX>
    	<posY>0</posY>
    	<width>1280</width>
    	<height>720</height>
    	<visible>Control.IsVisible(601)</visible>
    	<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="200" time="350">visible</animation>
    	<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="200" time="350">hidden</animation>
    	<texture>#bgimage1</texture>
    </control>

<control>
    	<description>background image 2</description>
    	<type>image</type>
    	<id>502</id>
    	<posX>0</posX>
    	<posY>0</posY>
    	<width>1280</width>
    	<height>720</height>
    	<visible>Control.IsVisible(602)</visible>
    	<animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" delay="200" time="350">visible</animation>
    	<animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" delay="200" time="350">hidden</animation>
    	<texture>#bgimage2</texture>
    </control>

to this:

Code:
    <control>
    	<description>background image 1</description>
    	<type>multiimage</type>
    	<id>501</id>
    	<posX>0</posX>
    	<posY>0</posY>
    	<width>1280</width>
    	<height>720</height>
    	<visible>Control.IsVisible(601)</visible>
    	<texture>#homeitem</texture>
    </control>

<control>
    	<description>background image 2</description>
    	<type>multiimage</type>
    	<id>502</id>
    	<posX>0</posX>
    	<posY>0</posY>
    	<width>1280</width>
    	<height>720</height>
    	<visible>Control.IsVisible(602)</visible>
    	<texture>#homeitem</texture>
    </control>

I think it will work...you will need to name the folders with the backgrounds like you menu-entry. So, if you have

watch my
    TV-Series

then your folder should be TV-Series.

I have just formatted and installed windows 7 and forgot to bring Visual Studio so cannot check the code right now. Please let me know if you get it to work or not :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom