falkyre

Portal Pro
March 20, 2006
Winnipeg, Canada
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi all,

just to throw in my 2 cents and let our new Meedio users know the following:

The myPrograms plugin can be used to provided myGames functionality (it can even import your myGames database/Meedio config).

The External Display plugin can almost replace the C.Mee plugin. It doesn't quite handle all the functionality of the C.Mee plugin but it's close.

I've found that the internal media player works fine so I haven't actually looked at a replacement for PlayMee.

Also, if you used the CallerID plugin from Meedio, Frodo built a YAC compatible one that works just as well. Not quite as configurable but if all you care about is who's calling, it works just fine.

If you have TV series, check out the myTVSeries plugin. The Meedio plugin that was like it was the TV.com importer and Video Thumbnailer...The MP Developer of the myTVSeries plugin is very open to suggestions and the plugin has almost all the functionality the Meedio one did.

BTW, I was a long time myHTPC/Meedio user until my system melted (literally) and decided to try out MP...

Falkyre

PS And if you are looking for a local movie times plugin...I'm working on it with help from key master from Meedio as he provided a standalone parser that does everything his Meedio plugin did but creates an XML file with the info instead..

homer

April 19, 2006
Thanks for the help.

I saw the callerid plugin but haven't had a chance to try it out.

I was just looking at the myTvSeries plugin and it looks like it will do what I wanted. I'll check it out this weekend.

Looking forward to the movie times plugin. Let me know if you need help testing it.

I did a search on comics and did find some work for myComics but nothing real recent. Maybe I'll check out what has been done there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically picked up the other movie.
Thank for your reply. I just happened to need to add another movie into that folder, when I did that, MovPictures automatically...
I added 3 movies, out of the 3 it picked up 2 and imported. I restarted MP multiple times but it still wouldn't pick it up. Added 2...
Replies
Views
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
Replies
Views
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
That's great. Glad there is no issue.
I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
Replies
Views
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
Replies
Views
I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All that I can suggest is that you read this page in the MP Wiki and experiment to see if it will merge the separate folders to give you a unified view of the media. -- from CyberSimian in the UK
I don't organise my media in the way that you do, so I don't know whether MediaPortal provides the capability that you want. All...
Hi i have a collection of 9208(Still growing on a daily basis)) music videos(ripped in m2ts format from blu-rays) which are stored...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom