• Total voters

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    "It isn't really realistic to expect the average user to perform the above tweak in order to get a usable MP setup with this skin."

Neither is it realistic to expect a free skin to be all things to all people.
    Neither is it realistic to have me spend my nights till 1:00am to keep everyone happy only to be bagged.

Everyone has an opinion about how a skin should look. This font, that font, bigger icons, smaller icons, faster animation, no animation, this plug-in, that plug-in. The current font IS the permanent solution. I'm a bit tired of it all. I made a skin to please myself, now I just chase my tail trying to please everyone. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Glenn

I totally agree with Glenn. Besides that font you described can not be provided to other people. Each individual needs to perchase it, it is a commecrial font. Glenn and other skinnes and artist (as well as the developers who have created this HTPC platform) have provided much to be thankful for.

patrick

Portal Pro
    April 20, 2005
    Southeast
    Home Country
    Hi Glenn,

Just want to say a Big Thanks!!

The wife still will sit and watch MePo dance before going to any plugin!!

(Using it as is and happy ;) )

Thanks again!!
    patrick

karlake

Portal Pro
    October 1, 2006
    Borås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Everyone has an opinion about how a skin should look. This font, that font, bigger icons, smaller icons, faster animation, no animation, this plug-in, that plug-in. The current font IS the permanent solution. I'm a bit tired of it all. I made a skin to please myself, now I just chase my tail trying to please everyone. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Glenn

Hang in there Glenn,,,You're doing a great job!
    Maybe you and Mepo should take some time of and recharge your batteries.
    But for g..s sake, don't give it up! We need MePo to stay sane in a ding, ding world!

Regards
    Karl-Åke

SpeedFreak

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Haslev
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I totally agree with Glenn. Besides that font you described can not be provided to other people. Each individual needs to perchase it, it is a commecrial font.

Did I anywhere suggest it be made the default font? No, I didn't. I merely stated what works for me and why and suggested a generic solution to a common problem. So shoot me.

guytpetj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2005
    USA
    Home Country
    Gents let’s not turn this into a pissing contest. This is how we've lost valuable members of the MediaPortal development team in the past, take Smirnuff as an example. This hurts the progress and future development of this program.

We live in a democratic society and everybody can say their say, but please still be considerate to the other people, in this case the people who spend a lot of their own time developing magical things for us all, and for free.

Glenn, please don’t get discouraged and trow in the towel. There are too many of us around who appreciate what you do, and who patiently wait for what great look/feature comes next.

Noelix

Portal Pro
    February 18, 2006
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Home Country
    Glenn I appreciate your work very much. I've been using the MePo black skin recently, it's fantastic. You've given MP an incredible injection of fresh ideas! I hope you enjoy your holidays as much as I'm going to enjoy using your skin over the holidays :)

mdsflyer

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    On the basic homescreen i changed the picture mepo is holding to that of my wifes favourite cat (i tell her she'll turn into the elderly cat lady off the simpsons). It has sealed this skin in her list of cool things in the world! ;)

Of course there are a few things that we could/can change with this skin but that i think is the point, i am merely tweaking something that is the creation of Glenn. i do not possess the talent or the wherewithal to create such a genuinely smile-bringing piece of work. Every time we use MP (each day) a grin will creep across our faces as the Mepo Man does his little dance.

Glenn, we love your work and really appreciate that you have made the effort.

Cheers
    M&j

grassynoel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 6, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    I have six weeks of Summer holidays staring now so I don't expect to be 'round much. I find MePo to be sluggish now all the animated .PNG files are in. Getting back to the main home menu is a chore. It seemed that static MePo's made for a more dynamic skin. Does anyone else agree that it's markedly slower now?

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom