• Total voters

mcbelly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mcbelly - Is there something broken?

Good Point. No not really, I just thought of things like support for MyLyrics 0.21, or integrating it into MyMusic. And I thought there still were some issues - though I might be wrong.

And sometimes there is something very strange happening : When listening to music and updating movies from IMDB (through MyMovies, not the setup), parts of the screen start to flicker. The "Movies" frame is ok, but the rest of the screen flickers. I have to start playing a movie to make it stop.....

But that might be my setup.

mcbelly

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    [(...)And sometimes there is something very strange happening : When listening to music and updating movies from IMDB (through MyMovies, not the setup), parts of the screen start to flicker. The "Movies" frame is ok, but the rest of the screen flickers. I have to start playing a movie to make it stop.....

I believe this is a nVidia-issue, and only happens when selecting a folder (not a file). It is a known issue and not related to any skin.

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    hi people!

mepo is my favorite skin, i love it!! but i have to changed to blue two, because of some stability problems. can someone confirm, that mepo works stable in 0.2.3.0 rc1 and perhapst the upcoming 0.2.3.0 stable release??

thx!!

/spenca

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Don't think it's being updated anymore unless someone wants to take it on as I think Grassynoel was happy for someone to take it over! So the answer for now is no it probably won't work!

spenca

Portal Pro
    December 19, 2006
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Don't think it's being updated anymore unless someone wants to take it on as I think Grassynoel was happy for someone to take it over! So the answer for now is no it probably won't work!

it's a pitty!! it should be the default skin for MP, funny that this MP forum takes mepo symbols, but let the skin die! ;-)

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

it's a pitty!! it should be the default skin for MP, funny that this MP forum takes mepo symbols, but let the skin die! ;-)

I agree. But as for every skin: it usually depends on one person. And a look on the MePo animations shows that this one is more complex and took a lot of time.
    For a further development of MePo you would need stuff like 3Dsmax scene files, the textures, etc... so it can't be done by 'anyone'.
    Because I don't want let MePo 'die' on my system, too, I'm right now using the Blue2 skin and replaced the normal menu figures with the appropriate MePo animations :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Can't one simply just copy the xml's from the BlueTwo folder to the Mepo folder to update it? Isn't Mepo just a mod of BlueTwo?

Emph

dwoodzz

Portal Pro
    May 2, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    :D

I agree. But as for every skin: it usually depends on one person. And a look on the MePo animations shows that this one is more complex and took a lot of time.
    For a further development of MePo you would need stuff like 3Dsmax scene files, the textures, etc... so it can't be done by 'anyone'.
    Because I don't want let MePo 'die' on my system, too, I'm right now using the Blue2 skin and replaced the normal menu figures with the appropriate MePo animations :D

Safran
    Hi if you wouldn't mind , post your modifications you made so that so others could try it out as well - I sure would :D
    I started a thread a week or so ago that asked if people had any mods to popular skins to post them so there might be a collection of sorts

safran64

Portal Member
    June 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh... I would not call it a mod because what I do is really simple:

First of all, delete all "hover_XXX.png"-files in the BlueTwo\Media folder
    Then copy all "hover_XXX.png" and "hover_XXX.xml"-files from the MePo skin folder to your BlueTwo\Media folder;
    ALL original BueTwo "hover_XXX" files must be replaced or deleted! Maybe you have to rename some of the MePo "hover_XXX"-files.
    And last but not least copy all MePo animation-folders (music, musicvideo, news, etc.) to the BlueTwo Animation-folder.
    Voila! That's it... Now little MePo should make his dances in your home menu ;)

One last note: this does not affect the BasicHome screen; the MePo skin is a little outdated and does not support all new features, like e.g. the BasicHome circle navigation. So you can't simply copy all pics to your BlueTwo skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom