MetroPortal was just a beginning: now it goes on! (1 Viewer)

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great comments thankyou, i will look into supporting both world weather and YrWeather so whichever plugin is installed it will show the data. I think i know what your saying about the cover art in the tiles and agree it would be better to fill the tiles with each latest movie instead of crushing 3 into 1 tile.

I think we need to get some more people on the team to push this forward faster :)

I think that the problem with YrWeather is that it doesn't have support for sharing the data with the homescreen, atleast that's what I was told in regards to either StreamedMP or Mustayaluca, but that might have changed, or might change in the future.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hey Wizard, the EPG looks very nice! Perhaps some fine tuning of the "rec" icon can be done so it fits the skin better :)

When creating skin files for the TV section, please keep in mind that many users installed For the Record plugin. Hopefully you'll also be able to support this plugin. And while we're at it, here's a tip - the latest For the Record BETA contains lots of changes and upgrades to the skin files made by Glenn1990. All information about changes and skin file names are available at the BETA section on For the Record's forums but it's a restricted area. You may ask Glenn or me if you'd like the documentation before the final version is released.
    :D

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey Wizard, the EPG looks very nice! Perhaps some fine tuning of the "rec" icon can be done so it fits the skin better :)

When creating skin files for the TV section, please keep in mind that many users installed For the Record plugin. Hopefully you'll also be able to support this plugin. And while we're at it, here's a tip - the latest For the Record BETA contains lots of changes and upgrades to the skin files made by Glenn1990. All information about changes and skin file names are available at the BETA section on For the Record's forums but it's a restricted area. You may ask Glenn or me if you'd like the documentation before the final version is released.
    :D

thanks for the positive and constructive comments, i agree the rec button stands out like a sore thumb i will work on this next ;)
    i've not come across For the Record before but it looks very good so i will install it soon and get testing, if you could give me access to the latest files as you said i'm sure we can support this plugin too ;) :D

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    A couple more screens for opinions ;-)
    Iwill say that rec button is a pain in the a** lol

Attachments

• rec_test3_new icons.jpg
      rec_test3_new icons.jpg
      815.7 KB

bombus

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2009
    Novara
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    it's a very busy time for me... but wizard is going on! amazig job guy! :cool:
    there's a little edit for the tv guide and we will decide what to use... tell us what you all think! :D
    (it's only an image edit but i do this before xml to see how it can looks like and by now i've only a netbook and no hdtv to give you screenshots...)

Attachments

• tv guide.jpg
      tv guide.jpg
      138.2 KB
    • tv guide_b.jpg
      tv guide_b.jpg
      138.2 KB

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MetroPortal was just a beginning: now it goes on!

Hi,

this looks really good, hope you will have the time to create and deliver this skin.
    Regarding the rec symbol, I like the first image above best (in the middle of the first line, perhaps the red circle image with a less prominent text (only normal instead of red text) would be sufficient.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to this skin, especially because it looks so clean ...

If I can help in some way, please let me know, but unfortunately I have no coding / skin skills so far...

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    Re: AW: MetroPortal was just a beginning: now it goes on!

Hi,

this looks really good, hope you will have the time to create and deliver this skin.
    Regarding the rec symbol, I like the first image above best (in the middle of the first line, perhaps the red circle image with a less prominent text (only normal instead of red text) would be sufficient.

Keep up the good work, looking forward to this skin, especially because it looks so clean ...

If I can help in some way, please let me know, but unfortunately I have no coding / skin skills so far...

Thanks, glad you are liking it so far ;-)
    I wish more people would get involved to speed up the process but we are coming along pretty fast. Maybe we will get a test build together soon and have you as a beta tester ;-) :D

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Great comments thankyou, i will look into supporting both world weather and YrWeather so whichever plugin is installed it will show the data. I think i know what your saying about the cover art in the tiles and agree it would be better to fill the tiles with each latest movie instead of crushing 3 into 1 tile.

I think we need to get some more people on the team to push this forward faster :)

It seems that YrWeather now supports basic home aswell.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country

It seems that YrWeather now supports basic home aswell.

Ok great i will look at this tonight/tomorrow then ;-) :D

Are there any coders out there with some spare time on their hands ?

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A couple more screens for opinions ;-)
    Iwill say that rec button is a pain in the a** lol

Looks great!

I have a suggestion for the All Movies screen. On your screenshot it looks like you have 9 movies instead of 213, at first glance. Would it be possible to show part on the previous and next cover at the edge of the screen to indicate that there's more movies to scroll to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom