Microsoft SI/PSI Parser outdated (1 Viewer)

mts

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi there,

after installing RC1 I get this message after starting the TV-Server Config.
What can I do? I have installed all windows-updates and all the other stuff that is required.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The wiki page which opens then does contain a link for the DVB-Hotfix.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    MS, in all their wisdom, created the patch only for Win MCE. This means it works well for their own application.

For some reason they still haven't made the patch available for XP, which means it screws up every one elses applications. You can install the fix with a workaround, but if you upgrade to XP SP3 it removes the update and you have to re-install.

Even though they have known about the bug and had a solution for years, tehy don't seem to want to apply it on XP.

fluffie

Portal Member
    April 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Super!!!..So that's my problem: the DVB-Hotfix.
    Indeed, I installed SP3 for windows xp and had the "Microsoft SI/PSI Parser outdated"-message. And I am 100% sure that I installed the hotfix before!

Thnx,

Fluf

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Super!!!..So that's my problem: the DVB-Hotfix.
    Indeed, I installed SP3 for windows xp and had the "Microsoft SI/PSI Parser outdated"-message. And I am 100% sure that I installed the hotfix before!

Thnx,

Fluf

SP3 will replace (and re-register) the older system files when installed.

d2globalinc

Portal Member
    March 9, 2008
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Ok - So I did a fresh install - All updates, XP SP3, installed MP RC1 w/ TV SERVER, and I get the nice message about the SI/PSI outdated. I try applying patch I used pre-sp3 and i get the message "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying. There is no need to install this update" - Click OK.. So I still get the message..

Oh and as far as the WIKI page that comes up - I get an empty wiki page - with "This page does not exist yet. You can create a new empty page, or use one of the page templates." on it.. Am I missing something on that page?

I've tried searching "DVB-hotfix", "DVB Hotfix", etc - without luck - What am I missing here?

Thanks!

D2G

Solved my own problem using this patch .. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ner-issue-channel-scan-crash-windows-xp-6344/

my bad ;) - still the wiki didn't really point me in the right direction when it linked to it from the notice -

- D2G

Users who are viewing this thread