[solved] Mini Display MP 1.13 and Volume OSD (2 Viewers)

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Ok sorry for not giving you detailed info.

I am using iMon Manager ver. 8.12.1202, it reports that my hardware is a VFD HID OEM with a firmware ver. 0x360301.

My system is windows 7 32bit and inside iMon Manager i got both Display and Remote control in Plug-In Mode, Front View when iMon starts is set to NEVER and Remote Controller is set to iMon PAD.

Now within iMon manager again in Windows Command i got everything disabled and in Program Command i got Media Portal set and there i configured all the remote buttons and their functions, i would like us to test the MUTE button, so i set that the MUTE button on remote is actually the M key.

Now MediaPortal configuration, in minidisplay i am using the new driver "SoundGraph display for iMon Manager >= 8.01.04.19 port is set to USB and the display itself is working fine.
    On Remotes and Input Devices i have nothing checked since the way i understand it my iMon PAD should now be acting like a keyboard sending keystrokes to MP.

Now the issue: the moment i set the system this way the mute button is not working anymore and it doesnt work neither through the remote controller nor through a keyboard connected to the system. The command itself is being sent and recieved, i can see it cause the vfd display is changing from Media Portal xx.xx AM/PM to Basic Home #item Name each time i press the MUTE button on either my remote or my keyboard. But mute itself doesnt happen. it is not only the OSD that is not showing up for me. It is also that no actually MUTE is happening.

Hope the info this time is a bit better and will help you somehow.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    On Remotes and Input Devices i have nothing checked since the way i understand it my iMon PAD should now be acting like a keyboard sending keystrokes to MP.

That is one way to use it. Can you try enabling the Media handler and see if it helps.

upload_2016-5-28_15-3-41.png

Does it work when you disable MiniDisplay?

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Enabling media handler doesnt change anything. Disabling minidisplay plugin makes it work.
    The thing is, the remote is working fine with the minidisplay disabled and the mute button is working over the remote and the keyboard but as u can guess no display this way.

I can give you teamviewer access and u can look around logs and othe possible settings if u are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Enabling media gandler doesnt change anything. Disabling minidisplay plugin makes it work.
    The thing is, the remote is working fine with the minidisplay disabled and the mute button is working over the remote and the keyboard but as u can guess no display this way.

I can give you teamviewer access and u can look around logs and othe possible settings if u are interested.

Very odd... not sure teamviewer will help me much at this stage.

So it appears we are not getting volume change system notifications when MiniDisplay is enabled.
    Therefore mixer_ControlChanged is never called since AudioEndpointVolumeCallback::OnNotify is never fired.

For some reason AEDev constructor does not get called.

It seems we create our VolumeHandler instance from the plug-in thread instead of MP main thread thus causing those issues.
    I should be able to fix this very soon. Expect a proper fix in MP 1.15.

Last edited:

Kotik

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 19, 2009
    Athens
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Happy to report that the issue is fixed. Everything works as expected for both Volume + / - and MUTE, OSD is being displayed aswell.
    Thank you very much.
    May i ask you why while being in basic home the display is displaying "Basic home #item name" each time i hover over different menus?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Many thanks for reporting and testing that issue.

May i ask you why while being in basic home the display is displaying "Basic home #item name" each time i hover over different menus?

Feel free to report that in a different thread.

Last edited:

netexplorer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, i can't test it, because i had to revert back to MP1.11 due to LiveTV stuttering with MP1.14.
    Maybe this was caused by LAV which was upgraded to 67.0 also.
    I think i will try next time when MP1.15 stable is available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom