Status
Not open for further replies.

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
:oops: wrong quote
PS:confused:omeone who can give me a hint how i can fix my problem?

correct one....
using the Mini Display Plugin with irTrans display - all seems to work well, cheers.
Just a couple of niggling issues: when sitting on BasicHome screen, the display shows 'MediaPortal' & the date/time - when moving left/right to select different modules (TV, Movies, Music, etc) I would expect the display to show the name of the currently selected module, instead it just shows 'Basichome'. Same behaviour in the TV-Series plugin - when in the main screen, showing all the different series, I would expect the display to show the name of the currently selected series as you browse through them; instead, it just shows 'My Tv Series' (even though I have the 'My' prefix turned off in config - not terribly important), until you enter into the actual series, then it shows the series 'name' and the name of the different episodes as you scroll through them (as it should when in main series screen & basichome screen). The display shows the correct info as you browse through the Music/Movies modules, would be good to have it work like this in BasicHome and Tv Series.

I'm not using the new plugin, but the file you want to change in the old plugin was cybrdispaly.xml in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\CybrDisplay.xml on xp anyway. There you need to modify with a text editor like notepad. find the "message status" property "Action" correct to something like this:

<Message Status="Action">
- <Line Alignment="Left">
<Parse Value="#currentmodule" />
</Line>
- <Parse Value="#highlightedbutton">
<NotNull Value="#highlightedbutton" />
</Parse>
- <Property Value="#selecteditem">
<IsNull Value="#highlightedbutton" />
</Property>
</Line>
</Message

also in action and window "35"

<Message Status="Action">
<Window>35</Window>
<Parse Value="#currentmodule" />
</Line>
- <Property Value="#highlightedbutton">
<NotNull Value="#highlightedbutton" />
</Property>
- <Property Value="#selecteditem">
<IsNull Value="#highlightedbutton" />
</Property>
</Line>
</Message>

with cyberdisplay plugin message editor it does not handle one of the notnull or isnull properties correctly.

frantid

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Frantid
im a little bit confused.
Why do i have to change the displayed messages?
when i activate my old lpt 4X20 lcd all of the 4lines are used. If i switch to my new usb lcd 4X20 lcd with a ch341a chip only the lines 1 and 2 are used. lines 3 and 4 allways override line 1. so the text is not really readable because 3 different lines are displayed in the same line (extremely fast switching between the three lines). With lcdhype everything is ok. All 4 lines are used correctly. Thats why i think it has something to do with the port choosability. in lcd hype i can choose for the usb lcd between ports 0-9. In the mini display plugin the available ports are always the same. it doesn't matter which lcd driver is used.

Frantid

Portal Pro
October 11, 2008
Home Country
Iceland Iceland
@Frantid
im a little bit confused.
Why do i have to change the displayed messages?
when i activate my old lpt 4X20 lcd all of the 4lines are used. If i switch to my new usb lcd 4X20 lcd with a ch341a chip only the lines 1 and 2 are used. lines 3 and 4 allways override line 1. so the text is not really readable because 3 different lines are displayed in the same line (extremely fast switching between the three lines). With lcdhype everything is ok. All 4 lines are used correctly. Thats why i think it has something to do with the port choosability. in lcd hype i can choose for the usb lcd between ports 0-9. In the mini display plugin the available ports are always the same. it doesn't matter which lcd driver is used.

Meier, my apologizes. I hit the wrong post for quote -- so I am the one confused :oops: I'm not sure how to enable 2 more rows of text for the plugin.

My post should be for Jeditrav.

frantid

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Merge with Touchscreen Plugin

May I suggest that we merge the Touchscreen Plugin into this one since it's not maintained anymore and causing problems with high cpu load.

I know this plugin concentrates on external lcds/vfds, but the basis for both plugins is the same (as I remember both are forks of the external plugin), so it won't be too hard to put them together (i hope so).

And finally we have only one plugin for all kinds of external displays, which is causing less confusion for new users.

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Good idea, if you find someone that would do the job as nobody from the Team as yet a touchscreen :pSimone

Oh, didn't thought about that. I hope someone with touchscreen (or at least second display) and abilities hears the call.

PussyWagon

Portal Pro
    August 2, 2008
    May I suggest that we merge the Touchscreen Plugin into this one since it's not maintained anymore and causing problems with high cpu load.

I know this plugin concentrates on external lcds/vfds, but the basis for both plugins is the same (as I remember both are forks of the external plugin), so it won't be too hard to put them together (i hope so).

And finally we have only one plugin for all kinds of external displays, which is causing less confusion for new users.

I really agree with this! It would have been awesome.... :)

I'm no programmer, but I can do help you with testing using two screens if thats in need. One projection screen and one touch screen...

Best regards!

HawkMan

Portal Member
    February 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Ever since the RC3 update my iMon display is now only all the stuff simply on.

started with cybrDsplay causing MP to crashon startup. I've now tried the older and the latest iMon software/drivers with both the latest cybrDisplay and the latest SVN and MiniDisplay.

No matter what I just get an all one display, The iMon software had working text so it's not the display itself. I've tried both Auto, LCD and LCD2 with no luck, well LCD is just all off instead of all on :)

Anyone got a clue ?

madmacka

Portal Member
    September 30, 2008
    Home Country
    I cant get this to work :(

I have a thermaltake DH-101 case that came with a soundgraph usb VFD ,

when i enable this pluging and select the soundgraph imon vfd plugin from the dropdown and hit test.

the computer thinks for a while then the Imon software pops up with an update availble box wanting me to update. 1st time i said ok to the update the software would no longer run. i didnt write them down but it was various .dll file errors.

i get no change in whats on the display. if i have frontview enabled the display hangs at test. if i have it disable i get nothing at all .

is there something im doing wrong?

cheers

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom